Another incident

Old January 12th 06, 10:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Another incident

I was almost collected this morning on my ride down to Frankston, think
it was near Bonbeach early a.m, guy saw me but but still shot across
the road in front me, locked up my back wheel and I slowed down because
I saw him pulling out......

hope this guys is ok......

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E1702,00.html

--
MikeyOz

Old January 12th 06, 10:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle

MikeyOz Wrote:
I was almost collected this morning on my ride down to Frankston, think
it was near Bonbeach early a.m, guy saw me but but still shot across
the road in front me, locked up my back wheel and I slowed down because
I saw him pulling out......

hope this guys is ok......

http://tinyurl.com/bcrt4

I sincerely hope he's going to be ok too. For him, his family &
friends as well.

Not many details in the article - also check there's a later update
from the police:
http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?Document_ID=4

--
cfsmtb

Old January 12th 06, 11:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle

This was on the 10pm ABC news, the Major Collision Investigation Group
is now involved. A dark coloured 4WD heading south hit another car,
which then hit the cyclist.

--
cfsmtb

Old January 12th 06, 01:26 PM posted to aus.bicycle

I rode past at about 8pm, and traffic was diverted. It seemed to be
close to the Beauey Pub, and, as anyone who rides past there regularly
would know, the short section right outside the pub is a kinda
dangerous. The road gets -very- narrow and riders are suddenly
confronted with parked cars and the occasional opening car door. I
often slow right down through that section, and sometimes, if it's
busy, I take back streets from Balcombe Rd to Charman.

--
531Aussie

Old January 12th 06, 01:42 PM posted to aus.bicycle

MikeyOz wrote:
I was almost collected this morning on my ride down to Frankston, think
it was near Bonbeach early a.m, guy saw me but but still shot across
the road in front me, locked up my back wheel and I slowed down because
I saw him pulling out......

I got a miscelaneous missile thrown at me tonight by a bunch of yahoos
in a white car on the Maroondah Hwy tonight while riding home, and a
friend and I were nearly cleaned up by a woman in a blue something
deciding to go through a roundabout that we were already on and
occupying quite visably. Also, when we were doing boglaps of the
Hawthawn smellodrone tonight some bunch of triwobbletes were swerving
all over the place, and sure enough, one of the unfortunates must have
hit a wheel or something and came down, middle-aged woman, looked like
a decent sprain or a broken wrist. Hope she's ok.

Must have been a day for it.

Bloody place is full of triwobblers at the moment, my favorite training
venues are full of blokes in bikinis weaving all over the road,
grinding 60rpm and showing off their beer guts between their bathers
and that funny tri-t thing they all wear. I predict more crashes ...
:-/

Good news is I'm on target for 1,000km in a week. In fact, am 20km up
at the moment! Only 3 days to go, and still got 480km to ride. It'll
be a long weekend in the saddle

Old January 12th 06, 07:45 PM posted to aus.bicycle

I had a wierd one on way home last night; luckily nobody hurt (apart
from one guy's ego...)
Incident caught on phone/video too apparently. gonna try getting
copy...

--
flyingdutch

Old January 12th 06, 10:36 PM posted to aus.bicycle

"531Aussie" wrote in
message ...

I rode past at about 8pm, and traffic was diverted. It seemed to be
close to the Beauey Pub, and, as anyone who rides past there regularly
would know, the short section right outside the pub is a kinda
dangerous. The road gets -very- narrow and riders are suddenly
confronted with parked cars and the occasional opening car door. I
often slow right down through that section, and sometimes, if it's
busy, I take back streets from Balcombe Rd to Charman.

--
531Aussie

Could well have been this:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...956306579.html

Either the car or the 4WD grievously screwed up. Here's hoping the cyclist
recovers.

Old January 13th 06, 12:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Bleve wrote:

MikeyOz wrote:
[...]

I had a vibe like that, and given that I was incredibly tired and
planning on getting up early to run, I decided to catch a bus home and
leave my bike at uni. I didn't feature trying my luck with peak-hour
traffic and only half my usual concentration span.

Bloody place is full of triwobblers at the moment, my favorite training
venues are full of blokes in bikinis weaving all over the road,
grinding 60rpm and showing off their beer guts between their bathers
and that funny tri-t thing they all wear. I predict more crashes ...
:-/

Good news is I'm on target for 1,000km in a week. In fact, am 20km up
at the moment! Only 3 days to go, and still got 480km to ride. It'll
be a long weekend in the saddle

Good for you!

Tam
Old January 13th 06, 06:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle

531Aussie Wrote:
I rode past at about 8pm, and traffic was diverted. It seemed to be
close to the Beauey Pub, and, as anyone who rides past there regularly
would know, the short section right outside the pub is a kinda
dangerous. The road gets -very- narrow and riders are suddenly
confronted with parked cars and the occasional opening car door. I
often slow right down through that section, and sometimes, if it's
busy, I take back streets from Balcombe Rd to Charman.

Speculation time...I reckon the guy in the Prado was in the left lane
ducking and weaving along that straight before the Florist at Keys St,
suddenly confronted by parked cars and road narrowing signs and squirts
it hard, gap is two small, swipes the other car, loses it , crosses the
road and biffo to our cyclist....
Must have been hooning as just about every cyclist heading north at
this point is in the gutter, its a narrow stretch and even though the
northern heading is two lanes its a natural to be far left at this
point...

bad enough hitting one rider, and it would have been mega grossly
horrible head on into a car/truck/bus/cop car etc or bunch
riders...Just plain Yuck!

So the high police interest is very positive..hope they catch the moron
and toss him off the Beau-y pub cliff ...give the gulls some carrion to
feed on!

Mine...mine...mine, mineminemine....nah splat on the dude and let him
rot!

--
rooman

Old January 13th 06, 10:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Bleve Wrote:

Good news is I'm on target for 1,000km in a week. In fact, am 20km up
at the moment! Only 3 days to go, and still got 480km to ride. It'll
be a long weekend in the saddle

What's up with that 'Endro-Man' (must b said in yr deepest voice)!!
Breaking in a new BB?! Noice work

--
JayWoo

Cyclist attacked in road rage incident. [email protected] UK 40 November 6th 05 09:09 PM
My first ride back from road rage incident LotteBum Australia 19 November 1st 05 10:08 PM
2003 TDF Incident Paul Australia 8 August 13th 05 12:06 PM
TdF - incident with Lance A, shown on ITV2 AC UK 40 July 25th 04 10:50 PM
incident on blackfriars bridge davek UK 46 May 20th 04 08:14 PM