How to fall, like a PRO!

Old June 28th 05, 08:30 AM
jagur

Default How to fall, like a PRO!

i clicked on and read this thread.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old June 28th 05, 08:38 AM
tomblackwood

jagur wrote:
*i clicked on and read this thread. *

Hah! I win... Harper was betting that you would have no part of this
thread whatsoever. But I knew, as a pro yourself, you would not be able
to resist.

Me, I fall like an amatuer. And often like an elephant. And, come to
think of it, just often.

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

"By George! The man's a genius!"
Murde Mental

Old June 28th 05, 08:42 AM
totally_hooked

LMAO!

--
totally_hooked - U

Unicycling is better than Prozac
totally_hooked's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10069

Old June 28th 05, 06:42 PM
Catboy

So far my best fall was when I was up at Whiteface, i got riding to
fast, my feet slipped off, I glided for a good ten feet and was launched
more than 10 feet through the air and into the dirt. It didn't hurt one
bit, but it was sure fun!

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

I like my women like I like I like my programming... Logical? No. C++

Old June 28th 05, 06:47 PM
forrestunifreak

Crashes are fun, unless you get hurt. Theres nothing like flying through
the air and getting the wind knocked out of you. I love a good crash.

--
forrestunifreak - The buck stops here.

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.

it has been known to the state of california to cause warts, toe jam,
ring-around-the-collar, compulsive twitching, and in some severe cases,
diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pshycological nudity, and
traces of peanuts.

'torkerusa.com' (http://torkerusa.com)
'World clock' (http://www.kondo3d.com/stereo/java/stereoclock-e.html)

Old June 28th 05, 09:02 PM
Fuego

oh yeah, I agree with that one.

I had a great couple of crashes this weekend at the MUni weekend. You
know, the ones where you fall off dramatically w/ 30 people watching,
and get up saying "That was FUN!". This cements into the minds of
everyone that you're crazy.

my best crash this weekend was one where I cleaned a somewhat technical
MUni line with a huge hill on one side. the line was in a bend of the
trail, so that after coming out of the line I couldn't turn in time to
keep up with the trail. I bailed down an almost-cliff, and ended up
landing on my butt with my uni still between my legs. I think I flew
about 7 feet down the cliff before I landed and slid to a stop thanks to
a rock.

oh yeah, it was fun.

--
Fuego - Definetely no brain.

"Unicycling is more about the center of concentration than the center of
balance."
-Me

"Get off my Property before you sue me!"
-Morons everywhere.

'OneWheelNinjaSquad' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/OneWheelNinjaSquad)
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

Old June 28th 05, 09:21 PM
munimanpete

I also must agree...crashes are fun, especially the ones where your just
going along and unexpectedly get flipped onto you back and then slide
along for ages etc etc
or when your going to fast and your feet just slip off the pedals and
you coast for a bit then go flying, as long as they dont hurt crashes
are almost the best part!

--
munimanpete - the unicycling kiwi

WWW.MUNIMAN.2YA.COM

*www.unicycle.2ya.com*
munimanpete's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6311

Old June 28th 05, 09:27 PM
ColDawG

yeah, they're fun until you get hurt

i was uniing in a fundraiser (walk/run) and i was going way too fast,
got launched off (wearing no pads, it was a 3-mile thing on roads) and
landed in a super-duper roll, but my elbow that i rolled on was
realllllly sore for a few daysj

a falling question:
i was doing pull gliding w/ my friend about a month and a half ago, and
i fell off the back onto my unprotected elbow
it still hurts to the touch in a 1 square centimeter spot (this is 1.5
months after the fall) and it hurts almost as much as when i initially
canged it
could the tip of my elbow have a little chip or something?

--
ColDawG - Your friendly, neighborhood MuniMan

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
-G. Dubya
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Old June 28th 05, 09:34 PM
forrestunifreak

I doubt it, probally just bruised. I did the same thing hitting the tip
of my elbow on a doorknob 2 months ago, it still hurts when I push on
it.

--
forrestunifreak - A fine and pleasant misery

Old June 28th 05, 09:50 PM
vivalargo

I have a silver-dollar hole on my palm and a heel bruise so grevious I
gotta walk on my freaking toes. Muni falls onto rocks and shale are no
more fun than big rock climbing "screamers."
JL

--
vivalargo - Santa Barbara Unicycle Club
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

Cycling quotation Paul Turner General 62 October 5th 05 05:50 PM
Hiker Dies after a 50-Foot Fall in Md. Chris Foster Social Issues 0 August 4th 05 03:05 PM
RR Fall on the water small change Mountain Biking 0 November 5th 04 03:10 AM
Lance's fall season..........??? Charles Hizark Racing 12 August 27th 04 01:50 AM
Lance's fall season Heinz Getzler Racing 4 July 31st 03 03:42 PM