Sheldon Brown, 1944-2008

Old February 4th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.misc
sergio

Default Sheldon Brown, 1944-2008

On 4 Feb, 20:43, Robert Chung wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/
RIP.

Not a tremendous loss for the cycling community only.
But for all men and women of good will.

Thanks for so much you taught us, Captain.

Sergio
Pisa
Old February 4th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.misc
Bill C

On Feb 4, 3:34*pm, " wrote:
On Feb 4, 1:43*pm, Robert Chung wrote:

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/

RIP.

A mighty large pair of shoes to fill.

--Tom Paterson aka Dustoyevsky

Definitely a huge loss, and we're all a lot poorer for it, but a whole
lot richer as riders, and people from what he gave to all of us out
here.
Just a wonderful, eccentric, real, human being, and someone we all
could be a bit more like.
Bill Crowther
Old February 4th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.misc
SlowRider

Others have already said more than I could. Goodbye, Sheldon, we will
miss you.

- JR
Old February 4th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.misc
DennisTheBald

On Feb 4, 1:43 pm, Robert Chung wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/

RIP.

What a nice guy.

I certainly feel like he is gone too soon. It's hard to say what
choice you would make until you're actually at the fork in the road,
and I can't imagine that Mr. brown had any choice in the matter... but
I think I would rather go quickly than to struggle with MS for years
on end.

Old February 4th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Jay[_2_]

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/

RIP.

This is a shock! When I first looked for Internet bike info, I was amazed
that someone had done such an expert and thorough job of bike documentation,
as can be found on Sheldon's website. The website is not flashy (just the
facts, ma'am), but it has undoubtedly helped countless people understand and
enjoy their bikes.

Saddened J.

Old February 4th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:43:33 -0800 (PST), Robert Chung
wrote:

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/

I will always remember him.
Old February 5th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.misc
Ed Pirrero

On Feb 4, 11:43 am, Robert Chung wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/

RIP.

A sad day. He was an adult in a land of children, both in his
knowledge of things bicycle, and his behavior in Usenet.

We have lost twice today.

E.P.
Old February 5th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Carl Sundquist

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/

RIP.

Exactly.

He was one of a kind, but there should be many others like him.

Old February 5th 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.misc
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

On Feb 4, 12:43*pm, Robert Chung wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/

RIP.

oh dear, a friend lost.
Old February 5th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Eric Vey

Robert Chung wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/

RIP.

Man, does this bite. Sheldon saved me SO MUCH money. His website taught
me how to confidently approach the kids behind the counter in the LBS
and talk sense to them.

I really wonder if I would be biking as much if not for Sheldon.

Sheldon Brown Tim Hall UK 54 February 8th 08 08:46 PM
Sheldon Brown Callistus Valerius Techniques 12 March 29th 07 12:19 AM
Sheldon Brown Just zis Guy, you know? UK 4 January 7th 04 10:00 AM
Sheldon Brown Just zis Guy, you know? UK 96 October 10th 03 10:31 PM
Sheldon Brown Simonb UK 16 October 3rd 03 12:02 PM