Weeks Camping With 5 x day ride

Old October 7th 06, 04:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

Default Weeks Camping With 5 x day ride

Looking for locations in NSW to go camping for a week with enough tracks
to provide 5 days of gentle bicycle exploring.

TIA
Old October 7th 06, 07:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2006-10-07, Terryc (aka Bruce)
Looking for locations in NSW to go camping for a week with enough tracks
to provide 5 days of gentle bicycle exploring.

Warrumbungles would surely have plenty of tracks, although I haven't
really looked carefully through David Allen's book yet.

Oh, you said "gentle" exploring. Heh.

--
TimC
If you ever fear that machines will surpass humans in intelligence,
Old October 7th 06, 09:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

On 2006-10-07, Terryc (aka Bruce)

Looking for locations in NSW to go camping for a week with enough tracks
to provide 5 days of gentle bicycle exploring.

Warrumbungles would surely have plenty of tracks, although I haven't
really looked carefully through David Allen's book yet.

Oh, you said "gentle" exploring. Heh.

lol, I've walked around Mt Kaptatur (sp?) and I think even the goats
thought our route was precarious. I have absolutely no intention of
repeating that on a bicycle {:-). But the Warranbungles is an idea.

We have just spent four days visiting Grabine SRA on Wyangla Dam (16%
full) and that was a total non-event. What I should have done was look
at the 1:100K maps before we went and just camped out in some of the
state forests on the way. It would have been far more interesting.

OTOH, would probably have missed stopping at the Sheck Webster lookout {:-).