Pocket PC holders...

Old July 31st 05, 09:02 PM
Mac

Default Pocket PC holders...

Hi guys! New member here

I have recently got myself a bike to get to work and back, but also for
recreational riding.

I have a Pocket PC that I am going to get a GPS reciever for and was
wondering if anyone has used a Pocket PC while out on their bike.

Does anyone know of any way of mounting it onto handlebars in a cradle?

Woady

Old July 31st 05, 09:42 PM
Random

Never used one but just a quick thought before you spend a load of money on
a GPS etc..

Is it weatherproof? I've got a Palm and whilst it's well built, I wouldn't
strap it to my handlebars if it looked like it might rain.

Old July 31st 05, 09:50 PM
Mac

"Random" wrote in message
Never used one but just a quick thought before you spend a load of money
on a GPS etc..

Is it weatherproof? I've got a Palm and whilst it's well built, I wouldn't
strap it to my handlebars if it looked like it might rain.

Its not waterproof but I try not to go out in rain. I had second thoughts
after I posted the message. As I already have the pocket PC I only needed a
GPS reciever and that was only 30 quid off ebay anyway. No biggy if I just
have to keep it in my bag.

Thanks anyway

Woady

Old July 31st 05, 10:09 PM
Tumbleweed

"Random" wrote in message
Never used one but just a quick thought before you spend a load of money
on a GPS etc..

Is it weatherproof? I've got a Palm and whilst it's well built, I wouldn't
strap it to my handlebars if it looked like it might rain.

I'd be more worried by the vibration, esp if you have a Palm T3 (Or maybe a
T5).

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old July 31st 05, 10:17 PM
Random

If it's kept dry then I would imagine it would work OK, are you planning on
using it as a map to see where you are or for logging your journeys?

Old July 31st 05, 10:39 PM
Badger

Hi guys! New member here

http://www.ram-mount.com/products/rambmla1.htm
Old August 1st 05, 07:34 AM
Tumbleweed

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message

"Random" wrote in message
Never used one but just a quick thought before you spend a load of money
on a GPS etc..

Is it weatherproof? I've got a Palm and whilst it's well built, I
wouldn't strap it to my handlebars if it looked like it might rain.

I'd be more worried by the vibration, esp if you have a Palm T3 (Or maybe
a T5).

p.s screen is almost impossible to see in sunlight either.

Old August 1st 05, 08:02 AM
Jack Ouzzi

Tumbleweed wrote:

p.s screen is almost impossible to see in sunlight either.

--
Tumbleweed

And by the time you have figured out how to see the screen you could
have done another 10 miles ...... why GPS on a bike?????

Old August 1st 05, 08:35 AM
Tumbleweed

"Jack Ouzzi" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tumbleweed wrote:

p.s screen is almost impossible to see in sunlight either.

--
Tumbleweed

And by the time you have figured out how to see the screen you could
have done another 10 miles ...... why GPS on a bike?????

because the 10 miles might be in the wrong direction!

Old August 1st 05, 09:54 AM
wafflycat

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
"Jack Ouzzi" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tumbleweed wrote:

p.s screen is almost impossible to see in sunlight either.

--
Tumbleweed

And by the time you have figured out how to see the screen you could
have done another 10 miles ...... why GPS on a bike?????

because the 10 miles might be in the wrong direction!

I refer the honourable gentleman to these things called OS maps. Very good
when in map holder section of bar bag - excellent to read even in bright
sunlight and the map holder keeps it dry in the rain :-)

Cheers, helen s

holders of bearing holders? goldenchicken II Unicycling 17 August 11th 05 08:09 PM
Tektro Road shoe holders?? [email protected] Techniques 4 January 14th 05 12:07 AM
Bearing holders mgrant Unicycling 13 February 11th 04 03:53 AM
Hollywood, Music, Record Holders Gun for Chicago Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway Recumbent Biking 0 January 26th 04 04:11 PM
crappiest bering holders ever unarueda Unicycling 4 October 14th 03 08:17 PM