What is the chance of a real bicyle race to night?

Old July 29th 07, 10:12 PM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_138_]

Default What is the chance of a real bicyle race to night?

Bleve Wrote:
Bull**** Mikey, you just didn't see it because SBS only show the last
bits. You don't see Cadel's team supporting him through all the flat
stages, the crosswinds, the early hills etc.you'd know just how
insulting what
you have written above is to the riders who have worked for Cadel.

O f&*k off Carl, insulting give me a break like anybody on those teams
give a flying kangaroo what I say. I know whats going on, it's not
rocket science its professional cycling. I know they have worked hard
for Cadel, however, where was his team in the mountains when Boogerd
was leading Rasmussen up the hill climbs, thats what he needed. McEwen
was gone early into the Tour, hopefully next year he either rides for a
team that wants a GC winner and not try to half hope it by going for a
Sprint winner or fluke a GC winner.

Bleve Wrote:
It's a flat stage. Breaks only get away on flat stages when the other
teams aren't interested in chasing. Race tactics 101. It's *not* like
Triathalon.

Oh owww.. physically wounded I am, woo is me and a jaded reference to
Triathlon and that fact I don't know sh&t about racing and you know
everything there is.

Remember opinions are like arsholes...... yours is just one of many
like mine

--
MikeyOz

Old July 29th 07, 11:18 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

MikeyOz wrote:
Bleve Wrote:

Bull**** Mikey, you just didn't see it because SBS only show the last
bits. You don't see Cadel's team supporting him through all the flat
stages, the crosswinds, the early hills etc.you'd know just how
insulting what
you have written above is to the riders who have worked for Cadel.

Oh owww.. physically wounded I am, woo is me and a jaded reference to
Triathlon and that fact I don't know sh&t about racing and you know
everything there is.

Remember opinions are like arsholes...... yours is just one of many
like mine

Yes, but his opinion makes sense, unlike yours. :-)

Theo

Old July 30th 07, 01:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

rooman wrote:

we come back in 08 and watch the titanic struggle with clean riders
from the start ( I hope)

They found 2 out of 180 (20x9?)
That means 98% are clean.

The third was sacked by his team for lying, ducking and weaving.

Unless they suddenly annouce another dozen or more have been caught,
that is pretty clean to me.

What other sport comes that clean?
Old July 30th 07, 02:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_215_]

Terryc Wrote:
rooman wrote:

we come back in 08 and watch the titanic struggle with clean riders
from the start ( I hope)

They found 2 out of 180 (20x9?)
That means 98% are clean.

The third was sacked by his team for lying,
Unless they suddenly annouce another dozen or more have been caught,
that is pretty clean to me.

What other sport comes that clean?

"found" being the operative word.... 2% is 2% too many ... like being a
bit pregant.

The effect that 2% had on the outcome of the stages though is what
matters.

Rassmussen committed a "drugs" offence, in his team's opinion and his
team took the initiative, it would have been an issue IMO as the effect
of him lying about his whereabouts supports the "warnings" for not
giving his diary in to UCI testers on time. Rassmussen was ducking and
weaving over his whereabouts related closely to his diary and missing
drug tests and warnings..not about him visiting his sick grandma, so
his is drug related too!

And Rassmussen having the warnings for missing OOC tests and not being
able to be "found" (there's that word again), was building and raising
that other word "" suspicion" of using drugs, which ASO relies upon to
remove riders from the Tour. ASO were scathing of the UCI over
Rassmussen in the end. Thay ask why werent they told he had a cloud of
suspicion building into a storm?.

We know from Cadel's statements what effect Rassmussen had on him and
his recovery from the attacks he had to fend off when Rasmussen and
Contador worked against him.

Even Vinokourov was a serious GC threat in the event. He cost cadel a
TT stage win cermeony. Consider what that would have done to Cadel's
motivation and status in the peleton, especially the Discovery
reaction.

..The positive tests also meant that innocent riders in those +ve
rider's teams had to leave the tour, it forced Klóden out, who was well
placed on GC ( and he and others might now end their own careers as
well).
How do you think the Cofidis and Astana riders are feeling?.
Although his team largely continued, how is Michael Boogerd feeling
these days?...He busted his heart out for Rassmussen, and got S%!t for
Suger.
IMO Chicken should never have started the event.

I see where you are coming from, and sure it wasnt a dozen riders
tossed out for drugs, but it was more than a dozen who suffered the
effect of those removed drug doping riders.

Like deaths on roads for culpable driving, nothing is acceptable beyond
zero tolerance.

*and speaking of % of "road" users on drugs check this out* :
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...-24331,00.html

--
rooman

Old July 30th 07, 04:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
a5hi5m[_18_]

MikeyOz Wrote:
O f&*k off Carl, insulting give me a break like anybody on those teams
give a flying kangaroo what I say. I know whats going on, it's not
rocket science its professional cycling. I know they have worked hard
for Cadel, however, where was his team in the mountains when Boogerd
was leading Rasmussen up the hill climbs, thats what he needed. McEwen
was gone early into the Tour, hopefully next year he either rides for a
team that wants a GC winner and not try to half hope it by going for a
Sprint winner or fluke a GC winner.

Wasn't Horner with Evans on most of the mountain stages, doing all
sorts of domestiquey things? Sure he fell off at the very end when the
attacks started going crazy, but by that time usually it was Rasmussen's
and Contador's accellerations that had just about everyone falling off,
including most of their own teammates, and a lot of other "contenders"
- Valve, Sastre, Kloden, Pereiro. Even Leipheimer was dropped at
times, and take a look where he finished.

Ash

--
a5hi5m

Old July 31st 07, 01:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

rooman wrote:

I see where you are coming from, and sure it wasnt a dozen riders
tossed out for drugs, but it was more than a dozen who suffered the
effect of those removed drug doping riders.

Like deaths on roads for culpable driving, nothing is acceptable beyond
zero tolerance.

Wish it were so.

So, overall, there is probably a very good case for lifetime ban for
illegal/unchecked drug taking.

and maybe a few years retirement forthe team?

Old July 31st 07, 01:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_219_]

On 2007-07-29, rooman (aka Bruce)
At the mo it is a liesurely ride past the Chateaux and Villages time
for bart Simpson masks to be worn (Charlie Wegelius) and Contador to
talk to Lance at the back... ( no champagne tho)

Dammit, the clouds have just disappeared for a moment, and I've got to
leave the observer's tea room and open the darned dome. Rargh.

--
TimC
vi is [[13~^[[15~^[[15~^[[19~^[[18~^ a

this 'guy' (http://twitter.com/42ft) is another one Tim...is there a
breeding programme ?

--
rooman

Old August 1st 07, 10:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_142_]

a5hi5m Wrote:
Wasn't Horner with Evans on most of the mountain stages, doing all sorts
of domestiquey things?

Yep.... and on that important stage when Boogerd was pushing the pace,
Horner was tucked nicely in behind Evans, I watched that stage and when
he needed some help really didn't have any. But anyway..... thats the
team he was in, it was interesting his comment about how other teams
should now be aware of his ability to ride this race when interviewed
after the race was finished. Be surprised to see him at Lotto next
year.

--
MikeyOz

Old August 1st 07, 10:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_141_]

Theo Bekkers Wrote:
Yes, but his opinion makes sense, unlike yours. :-)

No you agree with him and not me..... thats all. Water, ducks back...
bla bla.

--
MikeyOz