Non-impatient motorists actually exist?

Old August 19th 09, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Non-impatient motorists actually exist?

On 18 Aug, 10:48, "mileburner" wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

On 18 Aug, 07:53, "mileburner" wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

There are actually some reasonable motorists interviewed on this
Vancouver Critical Mass cycle ride, who don't mind waiting for the
ride to pass! If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have
believed it, based on my own experience. Or maybe its different here
in the UK?

Doug, you live in a city which is the raging boil on the arse of the
universe. Living there makes you bitter and twisted. You need to get out
more.

Vancouver is also a city.

Yeah, and in another country nearly halfway round the planet...

So you admit the attitude of motorists in Vancouver towards CM might
be more tolerant than those in London, which does open a rather nasty
can of worms?

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
Old August 19th 09, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]

"Doug" wrote in message

There are actually some reasonable motorists interviewed on this
Vancouver Critical Mass cycle ride, who don't mind waiting for the
ride to pass! If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have
believed it, based on my own experience. Or maybe its different
here in the UK?

Doug, you live in a city which is the raging boil on the arse of
the universe. Living there makes you bitter and twisted. You need
to get out more.

Vancouver is also a city.

Yeah, and in another country nearly halfway round the planet...

So you admit the attitude of motorists in Vancouver towards CM might
be more tolerant than those in London, which does open a rather nasty
can of worms?

I'll admit that the general attitude could be more or it could be less
tolerant. It depends on the behaviour of the cyclists on the day in
question.

Old August 19th 09, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

"Doug" wrote in message

There are actually some reasonable motorists interviewed on this
Vancouver Critical Mass cycle ride, who don't mind waiting for the
ride to pass! If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have
believed it, based on my own experience. Or maybe its different here
in the UK?

Doug, you live in a city which is the raging boil on the arse of the
universe. Living there makes you bitter and twisted. You need to get
out
more.

Vancouver is also a city.

Yeah, and in another country nearly halfway round the planet...

So you admit the attitude of motorists in Vancouver towards CM might
be more tolerant than those in London, which does open a rather nasty
can of worms?

This has possibly something to do with the fact that the people in Vancouver
are more likely to be Canadian (and not British) and Vancouvians (and not
Londoners).

The British have a reputation for being an intolerant lot. London is the
epicentre of intolerance. The Canadians have a reputation of being tolerant
and friendly.

HTH

Old August 20th 09, 07:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

"Doug" wrote in message

[...]

So once again you choose to exonerate the motorist while implying that
they are only made impatient by cyclists and nothing else on our
roads, i.e. blaming the vulnerable victims once again?

Old August 20th 09, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]

"Doug" wrote in message

[...]

I'm blaming those who cause the problems Doug. Sadly you've got such a
massive chip on you're shoulder that you're unlikely to understand the
concept of "balance".

Old August 20th 09, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Eric S Fraga

"mileburner" writes:

"Doug" wrote in message

The British have a reputation for being an intolerant lot. London is the
epicentre of intolerance. The Canadians have a reputation of being tolerant
and friendly.

Unless they have lived in London for too many years, like I have... ;-)