Non-impatient motorists actually exist?

Old August 19th 09, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Budstaff

Default Non-impatient motorists actually exist?

"Doug" wrote in message
There are actually some reasonable motorists interviewed on this
Vancouver Critical Mass cycle ride, who don't mind waiting for the
ride to pass! If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have
believed it, based on my own experience. Or maybe its different here
in the UK?

Yeah, from all your accounts of CM in London, the rides here don't actually
_pass_ in any meaningful sense of the word. In London the traffic speeds are
so slow that cyclists can actually get round faster than cars - I imagine
that my patience would be tested by someone who could get to their
destination faster than me, but chooses instead to reclaim the street as a
place to stand around holding their bike above thier head.