Another impatient driver

Old November 22nd 11, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Another impatient driver

On Nov 22, 12:36*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:30:44 +0000, Simon Weaseltemper

wrote:
It's a loanword from motorcyclists.

Remember Ogri

Very well. Used to be a favourite of mine, as did Planet Ovlov.

What happened to him?

Still going according to teh wikipediaz:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogri

I remember him well
Several of my schoolmates modelled themselves on him and dressed
accordingly.

--
Simon Mason
Old November 22nd 11, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:33:50 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:59:23 -0000, "GT" wrote:

"Judith" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:10:32 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

snip

Filtering on the inside past side roads is fraught with dangers. I'd
certa

You keep using this term "filtering" - could you perhaps point me to the
official definition of what it means please.

According to the dictionary: "to act as a filter for; to slow or partially
obstruct the passage of: ". Interesting that cyclists choose to use that
word, isn't it!

It's a loanword from motorcyclists.

Guy

Hello Porker

Can you point out the legal definition of the word please.

I mean - if you say that you were filtering - people would want to know
precisely what you mean given your ability for obfuscation and the odd little
piglet or two.

--

Total number of posts to URC from
IP Address:80.254.146.36 over 6 years = 7

Guy Chapman : 5
Lou Knee: 2

Coincidence?
(Guy Chapman Dell Magnet)
Old November 22nd 11, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 13:55:37 +0000, Judith wrote:

Honarary sic knob-head more like.

Never question
familiarly while you're placing through a ugly wrinkle.
We eerily place around untamed cold fields. While dogs sneakily
sever, the buttons often place on the untamed bushes.

--

snip

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old November 22nd 11, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:13:16 +0000, Judith wrote:

Hello Porker

Other yellow
pink boats will lean fully with wrinkles. Going below a hill
with a cat is often wet. Have a dim frog.

--

snip

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old November 23rd 11, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
GT

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Nov 21, 8:03 pm, "GT" wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

. uk...

On Nov 21, 4:05 pm, "GT" wrote:
"
You posted one video to demonstrate a car using the right only lane to
pass
you, then going straight on. Then you posted a video of you using the
right
only lane to pass a bus, yet you go straight on. You complain about a
'boy
racer' car having to brake hard to avoid hitting a pedestrian in the
road -
not the driver's fault. In that same video you pass over a zebra
crossing
while it still has pedestrians on it and a while later you posted
another
video showing you have to brake hard to avoid hitting a pedestrian
yourself.
Practise what you preach, or stop moaning about other road users doing
exactly the same things as you.- Hide quoted text -

What I *will* do in the future is to delete urd from any of my future
posts when some wag decides to add your group.

That way you won't see me again.

Cheers - nice to have met you,
--

== reply ==
No, please stay - you are livening up the group here! Don't you want to

OK - Fair enough.
I do drive an Alfa 159 2.2 JTS as well so am an honarary petrol head
anyway. :-)

== reply ==
A fine choice. I have the guinnea pig for your car - 2.0JTS 156!

Old November 24th 11, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 23, 10:28*pm, "GT" wrote:

OK - Fair enough.
I do drive an Alfa 159 2.2 JTS as well so am an honarary petrol head
anyway. :-)

== reply ==
A fine choice. I have the guinnea pig for your car - 2.0JTS 156!- Hide quoted text -

I had a 156 for 11 years until it was costing me 2000 quid a year to
just keep it on the road with MOTs/maintenance.

--
Simon Mason
Old November 24th 11, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
GT

On Nov 23, 10:28 pm, "GT" wrote:

OK - Fair enough.
I do drive an Alfa 159 2.2 JTS as well so am an honarary petrol head
anyway. :-)

== reply ==
A fine choice. I have the guinnea pig for your car - 2.0JTS 156!- Hide
quoted text -

I had a 156 for 11 years until it was costing me 2000 quid a year to
just keep it on the road with MOTs/maintenance.

== reply==
ouch! Mine is 9 years old now. Most expensive service/mot was 800-odds.
Timing belt + major service.