Bicycling and COVID

Old April 11th 20, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Bicycling and COVID

On 4/11/2020 11:29 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

Instead we have a country being ruled by an unelected elite who believe themselves the masters of this country because they believe that they are the real experts.

They believe they're experts just because they graduated high school,
got Bachelors' and Masters' and PhD degrees, did post graduate work, got
research jobs in the appropriate field, worked for decades in those
fields, learned from colleagues, rose up in ranks, were consulted by
competent government leaders, administered other disease prevention
efforts, etc.

It's just like the climate scientists, the economists, the historians,
the geneticists, the theologians, the military experts, the mechanical
engineers, the legal experts.

Why won't those professionals listen to the unemployed high school
dropout who knows so much more than they do about their fields of specialty?

:-)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 12th 20, 12:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 10:41:53 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

You idiot - Fauci got out of school and went direct to the CDC where he sits on his butt and reads papers from other so-called experts like himself.

Apparently you believe anyone an expert that has so far made several proclamations that have placed the mortality numbers 20 times too large, then reduced that to 10 times too large and now has set the minimum number of deaths from this disease to 4 time what it presently is.

We understand your belief that being a teacher somehow gives your moronic ranting the power of truth but truth is where you find it and not splashing out of the mouth of someone that has so poor an understanding of your own supposed field as you so often have. You have to resort to saying, "I don't believe you", when caught in your own trap.
Old April 12th 20, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 16:30:41 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

[...]

Hmmmm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Fauci
"He developed therapies for formerly fatal diseases such as
polyarteritis nodosa, granulomatosis with polyangiitis, and
lymphomatoid granulomatosis. In a 1985 Stanford University Arthritis
Center Survey of the American Rheumatism Association, membership
ranked Fauci's work on the treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and
granulomatosis with polyangiitis as one of the most important advances
in patient management in rheumatology over the previous 20 years"

"In 2003, the Institute for Scientific Information stated that from
1983 to 2002, "Fauci was the 13th most-cited scientist among the 2.5
to 3 million authors in all disciplines throughout the world who
published articles in scientific journals"."
--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 12th 20, 04:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/11/2020 7:30 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

Wow. Just... wow.

Here's some real info on Fauci:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/10-a...130028919.html

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 12th 20, 03:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 8:11:49 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

So as a know-nothing college teacher you admire know-nothing civil servants because you can identify with him power-walking. Right.
Old April 12th 20, 07:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

As Tom would say: "13th most cited? So there were 12 better! I'm sure those 12 disagree with Fauci, just like my idol Trump."

And: "That first paragraph has lots of Latin sounding words. Or so I've been told because I don't have any official education in that. Because its Latin its "Furners" and don't count."
Old April 13th 20, 12:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

[...]

--
cheers,