OT. Thank goodness for Tom K.

Old April 10th 20, 02:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default OT. Thank goodness for Tom K.

looking over the threads and replies here the last week or so (and even longer) I came to realize that Tom K. is very much needed on this newsgroup. Without him about 95% of the posts I saw would not have been made and this newsgroup would have seen extremely little activity at all.

Maybe rename the newsgroup the Tom K. Rebuttal Newsgroup? LOL VBEG

Take care of yourselves people.

Cheers
Old April 10th 20, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 6:29:56 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
looking over the threads and replies here the last week or so (and even longer) I came to realize that Tom K. is very much needed on this newsgroup. Without him about 95% of the posts I saw would not have been made and this newsgroup would have seen extremely little activity at all.

Maybe rename the newsgroup the Tom K. Rebuttal Newsgroup? LOL VBEG

Take care of yourselves people.

Cheers

Considering the violent fear they have of covid-19, perhaps the only thing they have to live for is to call me names and make false rebuttals by referencing people like Fauci who has been off of his predictions by a factor of 10. These are the sorts of experts that they respect.

In the meantime it appears that I am on line to be within a couple of percent of my predictions. This obviously should be a good reason to rebut my comments. Have at it ridessoseldom.
Old April 11th 20, 01:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 09:33:37 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

[...]

You predicted that the U.S. would have more cases of the virus than
any other country, nearly 30% of all the cases in the world? That the
U.S. would have nearly 20% of all the deaths in the world due to the
virus?

Funny Tom, what I remember is you saying "don't worry".
--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 11th 20, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Tom's most prominent memory problem? Forgetting all the times he's dead
wrong.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 12th 20, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

And your prominent memory problem is completely forgetting the majority of times that I'm right.
Old April 12th 20, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

And that (“majority of the times”), ladies and gentlemen, is as close as
you’ll ever get to Tom admitting that he was wrong about anything.

Old April 12th 20, 01:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

[...]

No, I don't believe that is correct. In my opinion Tom suffers from
delusions that he knows what he is talking about and thus his vehement
defense of whatever position he has taken.

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedi....com/Delusions
A delusion is an unshakable belief in something untrue. These
irrational beliefs defy normal reasoning, and remain firm even when
overwhelming proof is presented to dispute them. Delusions are often
accompanied by hallucinations and/or feelings of paranoia, which act
to strengthen confidence in the delusion. Delusions are distinct from
culturally or religiously based beliefs that may be seen as untrue by
outsiders.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 12th 20, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Ralph, what have you done for a living? No insult, curiosity.
Old April 12th 20, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Power systems engineer, specializing in transmission system (60-500 kV)
protective relaying and Remedial Action Schemes. The last job title I had
before I retired in December was Principal Engineer. I’ve also worked with
HVDC control systems, managed technical and union teams, and a million
years ago I swung a spike maul for the railway and waited tables to put
myself through university.

Oh, and apropos to this discussion, I have admitted my mistakes, both on
this newsgroup, and in real life.

Old April 12th 20, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I don't suppose that they are as careful with frequency accuracy as they used to be are they? Way back when most of the wall clocks plugged into the 60 Hz wall socket and that was expected to be of extreme accuracy. I note that today my clocks of that type wander quite a bit off time in a very short period of time.

If you haven't seen me admitting mistakes here then you haven't bothered to watch. But there are things that dumb-ass lawyers and the absolute dregs of knowledge - college teachers - should not be talking about when they don't know an f-ing thing about it. And that has become the norm for them.

People whose judgements connected with universities I know, Dr. Michael McCown in chemistry and Dr. Gershom Foster in physics were lecturers and not someone that would grade papers for a living. I worked very closely with Mike designing and programming the microtitration device that was used to discover HIV. This was for Dr. Kary Mullis but he doesn't remember me. I can understand that because there were two PhD EE's (these are the only PhD engineers I can remember ever meeting) who were careful to shuffle me out of the company and take full credit for my work. They also made sure that Dr. McCown also was out the door. The references Mike gave me were rather extraordinary and they were even on Facebook but something happened. Maybe he dropped his account or maybe he died and they simply removed them.

They had told Dr. Mullis that this job could not be done without two IBM supercomputers which were $3 Million each at the time. I was shocked and said that I could do the job with a microprocessor. Since Dr. Mullis only had about a million to do the complete job he took me up on the offer despite those two jackasses saying it wasn't possible. Mike on the Chemistry side and Me on the digital side and two ME's to design the actual hardware castings and machine work had it out in under a year which was our limit. Rather than analog motors and sensors I used stepping motors and open ended positioning. I could still get within a couple of mils of the center of the sample cells rapidly enough that it looked like a smooth transition.

After that delivery I doubled the complexity of it so that it could be used to sequence DNA. This is what Frank thought was so rock hard and dyed. Sequencing DNA is fairly accurate the old way but RNA is another matter since most procedures do this by turning the RNA into DNA and knocking the end segment off for analysis. When you do this you can mistakenly knock off the next segment as well and this leads to various RNA sequencing to having minor differences.

Bioengineers are aware of this and they usually discount these minor variations even though what the media has claimed is that there are different mutations of the same virus. This may be so but it could easily not be so at all. I am not familiar with some of the new techniques since they now have microscopic methods of actually observing the strands and seeing if an extra segment was accidently removed. But since this sequencing was done in 22 countries many of them had to be using the older methods (which while doing the same thing have the same possibility of errors) and that is probably where this crap about different mutations come from. Using restrictive enzymes, electrical current and CRISPR/Cas9 is really modern so I don't; know anything about it. I have some really spectacular doubts about it though since inside of a complex DNA structure you can have precisely the same sequence in many places which could lead to cutting in the wrong spot and inserting the sequence in an area that could have a deadly or even worse effect. Imagine attempting to correct an inherited form of blindness and making a baby without an opened digestive track. (For Frank's sake, a baby without an asshole, quite the reverse of Frank)

They have even claimed that the New York City virus is a different mutation from the west coast version. That is very unlikely since it entered this country via the west coast and UCLA and UC Berkeley and Stanford campuses from students who were doing research, working or visiting relatives in Wuhan.. UNYC has direct contact with the Cal system and that's undoubtedly where it came from.

The large number of deaths in NYC are no doubt due to simply the extremely dense population in very unhealthy environment causing large numbers of lung damage opening these people to severe infection. And the cytokine storms. Let's remember, people have had a heart attack and died from a SNEEZE when they are in these conditions. Blaming this on covid-19 is outrageous.

Thank goodness for that. Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 18 May 1st 12 02:09 AM
Thank goodness it had a serial # DirtRoadie Racing 11 February 20th 09 04:54 PM
A journey by car. Thank goodness I have a bike -- a bit OT Trevor A Panther[_2_] UK 8 November 12th 08 08:43 PM
Goodness Me Nuxx Bar UK 10 April 12th 08 02:31 PM
RR: Bergen Peak Goodness Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 8 June 9th 07 09:06 PM