New Video: Uni-geezer 5: "Lucky 7" (New working Link)

Old February 19th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default New Video: Uni-geezer 5: "Lucky 7" (New working Link)

I'm really sorry (again) about the first, messed up link! This is the
second time I've had this problem with youtube; first it's on, then
it's not. So I put it on Google and it seems to work fine, plus you can
now download it! Again, sorry for the screw-up. (If you read this
Gilby, maybe you could delete the original post of the same title?)

Anyway here's the description for those who maybe didn't read it yet:

Well, maybe I should have called it, (Un)lucky seven! I wasn't in my
best form today due to spraining my ankle (not wearing my regular
high-tops today) -and- losing a pedal! ("slipped" right off the
spindle during a drop!) But being the crazy person I am I decided to go
for it and try my next challenge...the 7-set! I had LOTS of bails
leading up to my final, semi-successful jump.

This set is a bit longer than usual as the steps have about 2" more
depth each, so it's almost like an 8 set! Plus the total height from
the top to the landing area is a bit lower, so less air time to clear
the set!

Please post your comments and I hope you enjoy; it's a rather short
installment at about 2 1/2 minutes.

Cheers to the old farts!

Link:

http://tinyurl.com/2qhrxw

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

Old February 19th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
50 Percent

ouch some of those attemps looked pretty painful you should go for less
speed more air

--
50 Percent

Shaun Johanneson wrote:
Cutie little cutie cute pies. I just wanna ake won and eat it allllll
up. awwwww, just punch it in da wittle face. awww so cute.

\\_//
O O
()This is *SUPER BUNNY*. Copy *SUPER BUNNY* into your signature to
help him on his way save the day.

Unicycle For Christ

50 Percent's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13827

Old February 19th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

50 Percent wrote:
ouch some of those attemps looked pretty painful you should go for less
speed more air

Actually I wasn't hurt. I had the full "compliment" of protective gear
on. But your suggestion is well taken, but I was having difficulty
launching "upward" alot because my ankle was still hurting from a
previous sprain...yeah I know I really shouldn't have even been doing
the jumps-or anything harsh-until it gets better, but I couldn't
wait!

Old February 19th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maxcarriere

I agree thought, go less speed and how harder.

--
maxcarriere
maxcarriere's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13867

Old February 19th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bungalistic

Haha fair play if at first you don't succeed try it again with more
speed until you do it (or total yourself so bad you get impressive
injuries).
Is it just me or when trying jumping stair sets do you try and clear
them first go or purposly land on the stairs to see how it feels, i'm
sure this is wrong and is probably just asking for a pinch flat.

--
bungalistic

A COMMON MISTAKE THAT PEOPLE MAKE WHEN TRYING TO DESIGN SOMETHING
COMPLETELY FOOLPROOF IS TO UNDERESTIMATE THE INGENUITY OF THE COMPLETE
FOOLS

My Gallery (http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?page=gallery&g2_itemId=192026"My
gallery)

'Fat-Tyre.co.uk' (http://www.fat-tyre.co.uk/)
bungalistic's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12035

Old February 19th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
One on one

Just another typical day for a man in his 50's

Great job. You know, no one has ever jumped over the Snake River Canyon
on a unicycle before. Is this all training for the greatest of jumps?
Evel Knievel will have nothing on you if you go for that.

Did you have a custom saddle build to make room for your extra large
b$#^s?

Continue showing those young whipper snappers that people in their 50's
are really cool. Keep up the good work. You are a real inspiration to
this spring _chicken_.

--
One on one

"That's going to end up in somebody's sig." - rob.northcott
One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740

Old February 19th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Keep your speed, but practice whipping the tire up in front of you more.
That will give you the extra distance you need to clear that 7, and the
8. =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Old February 19th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Radical Reed

great vid terry, were you seriously hitting that with a sprained
ankle?!?!? thats impressive.

bungalistic wrote:

Is it just me or when trying jumping stair sets do you try and clear
them first go or purposly land on the stairs to see how it feels, i'm
sure this is wrong and is probably just asking for a pinch flat.

I've done that before in muni I purposely won't land right. for some
reason it gives me more confidents the second time

--
Radical Reed

'sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'LBS' (http://www.mbps.ca/)
Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

Old February 19th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Radical Reed wrote:
great vid terry, were you seriously hitting that with a sprained
ankle?!?!? thats impressive.

Yeah it was still sprained from an earlier attempt and I think that's
what kept me from jumping higher at the launch point. I'm going to try
going a bit slower so I'll also have more time to compress the tire and
spring UP at the last second...if I'm going really fast I don't have
enough time to do that.

Old February 20th 07, 07:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniska

hahah man that very opening scene had me laughing so hard hahaha ahhh
that **** was funny.....it was a good video I liked it...so you live in
SoCal huh where at?....maybe we can go riding sometime.

--
uniska

Who Rides Two Wheels? Pahahahaha
uniska's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13833