NY cycling video

Old July 28th 04, 11:36 PM
Ambrose Nankivell

Default NY cycling video

I think you mean:

In ,
Silverfox typed:
elyob wrote:
I was hoping they'd get knocked off and killed. Deserve it cycling
like that. ****s.

Oh! why don't you live a little!

I'm a bit torn. It looked pretty darn exhilarating, but on the other hand,
they did upset quite a few people and I'm surprised they didn't have any
collisions, possibly bad ones.

Worth watching, though.

Old July 28th 04, 11:51 PM
Simonb

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
I think you mean:

In ,
Silverfox typed:
elyob wrote:
I was hoping they'd get knocked off and killed. Deserve it cycling
like that. ****s.

Oh! why don't you live a little!

I'm a bit torn. It looked pretty darn exhilarating, but on the other
hand, they did upset quite a few people and I'm surprised they didn't
have any collisions, possibly bad ones.

Worth watching, though.

There's another one there wher one of the riders (doing something rather
silly IMHO, but no doubt "Out There") collides with a little old lady in her
station wagon. She stop and gets out, all apologetic, to see if the rider is
alright. He, rather sheepishly, explains that it was his fault and gets
going again.

Kids, eh.

Old July 28th 04, 11:59 PM
elyob

"Ambrose Nankivell" wrote in message
I think you mean:

In ,
Silverfox typed:
elyob wrote:
I was hoping they'd get knocked off and killed. Deserve it cycling
like that. ****s.

Oh! why don't you live a little!

I'm a bit torn. It looked pretty darn exhilarating, but on the other hand,
they did upset quite a few people and I'm surprised they didn't have any
collisions, possibly bad ones.

Worth watching, though.

Nah, what I meant was .. "have you seen 'New World Disorder' when they at
least do decent tricks without endangering peds, but just endanger
themselves".

That was a bunch of middle aged blokes who ... well .. I felt that was far
too dangerous to call fun. I also walk, and don't want to be crippled by an
idiot on a pavement/crossing.

If you feel that I don't have a life, then *plonk* me. I'd hate to kill a
ped because I cycle through red lights without a care. I spend a long time
defending cycling as a whole. That ruins everything I believe in.

That's my say, and I will still 'tut' people for cycling on pavements and
the rest ..

http://www.lesberries.co.uk/ccraft/ccraft.htm

Old July 29th 04, 06:57 AM
anon

NY Paramedics refer to these crazy bikers as "psycholists" I'm told.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:10:50 GMT, "soup"
wrote:

Graeme popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and said
Now I like riding through heavy traffic, but this video scared me
witless. http://www.digave.com/videos/red-web.mpg (50MB, so only for
broadband or, ahem, people at work).

It's a bunch of guys racing through New York, interesting at the best
of times, but I defy you to watch it without pulling your shoulders
in to make yourself narrower or squeezing your hands on brakes that
aren't there. I'll not pass any judgement on what they're actually
doing, but it looks bloody scarey!

Graeme

Have heard of assertive riding but that takes the biscuit.

Old July 29th 04, 02:02 PM
Ambrose Nankivell

elyob wrote:
I was hoping they'd get knocked off and killed. Deserve it cycling
like that. ****s.
Oh! why don't you live a little!

I'm a bit torn. It looked pretty darn exhilarating, but on the other hand,
they did upset quite a few people and I'm surprised they didn't have any
collisions, possibly bad ones.

Nah, what I meant was .. "have you seen 'New World Disorder' when they at
least do decent tricks without endangering peds, but just endanger
themselves".

That was a bunch of middle aged blokes who ... well .. I felt that was far
too dangerous to call fun. I also walk, and don't want to be crippled by an
idiot on a pavement/crossing.

Indeed. Note I used the word exhilarating, not fun. I don't think it
was OK behaviour, but it was good to watch, if you imagine it's all
filmed by professional stuntmen.

If you feel that I don't have a life, then *plonk* me.

I definitely didn't say that. Indeed one of the main reasons I replied
was to make a subtle hint to SilverFox (who appears to represent the
company of that name) about how to properly reply on newsgroups,
attributing quotes, etc.

I'd hate to kill a ped because I cycle through red lights without a
care. I spend a long time defending cycling as a whole. That ruins
everything I believe in.

It does, and I'm sure I'd have had a much graver reaction if it'd been
somewhere other than New York, particularly if it'd been this
country. I guess I see respectable cycling as a lost cause there,
whereas it isn't here.

That's my say, and I will still 'tut' people for cycling on pavements and
the rest ..

So you should.

http://www.lesberries.co.uk/ccraft/ccraft.htm

A useful link.

Sorry if I offended,

Old July 29th 04, 05:47 PM
elyob

"Ambrose Nankivell" wrote in message

Sorry if I offended,

No offense taken, just glad that my point was valid. I'm not fussed about
pepole killing themselves, it was just the cycling through the peds that got
my back up. Everything else was exhilirating ...

Old August 5th 04, 05:46 PM
elyob

"James Hodson" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 06:55:04 GMT, Graeme
wrote:

Now I like riding through heavy traffic, but this video scared me witless.
http://www.digave.com/videos/red-web.mpg (50MB, so only for broadband or,
ahem, people at work).

That is truly excellent and is wel for the file size. It puts tumbling
antics of the TdF's peloton's to shame. It also reminded me of how
much I use to love Guns and Roses.

Q: What's an anagram of the lead singer of G&R's name?

A: Oral Sex

Old August 5th 04, 05:50 PM
Mark Mcn

Reply to James Hodson
Q: What's an anagram of the lead singer of G&R's name?

Ax Loser. :-P

--
Mark, UK.
We hope to hear him swear, we love to hear him squeak,

Old August 5th 04, 07:16 PM
James Hodson

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:46:37 GMT, "elyob"
wrote:

A: Oral Sex

You win the prize - I'd hate to think what it is, mind you.

James