Cyclist problems in Hull

Old May 14th 11, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marie

Default Cyclist problems in Hull

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...l/article.html

Is there a Hull resident who could comment.
Old May 14th 11, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On May 14, 3:43*pm, Marie wrote:
http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...icle-3557738-d...

Is there a Hull resident who could comment.

Not a resident - I live between two Yorkshire villages, but I do ride
in that area from time to time, but never on the pavements, so not
really of concern to me at all.

--
Simon Mason
Old May 14th 11, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 14 May 2011 08:27:51 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

On May 14, 3:43*pm, Marie wrote:
http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...icle-3557738-d...

Is there a Hull resident who could comment.

Not a resident - I live between two Yorkshire villages, but I do ride
in that area from time to time, but never on the pavements, so not
really of concern to me at all.

What a ******.

What's your post-code?

Why do you insist on posting ****e about Hull on other occasions?

Simple really.
--
Simon Mason - who cycles at 25mph in 20mph limits just because the limits do not apply to cyclists.
This includes exceeding the speed limit past three schools. A total disregard for the well-being of vulnerable road users.

Old May 14th 11, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On May 14, 3:43 pm, Marie wrote:
http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...icle-3557738-d...

Is there a Hull resident who could comment.

Not a resident - I live between two Yorkshire villages, but I do ride
in that area from time to time, but never on the pavements, so not
really of concern to me at all.

--
Simon Mason

I would have thought that everyone should be concerned about people who
break the law.
Woops, silly me.

--
Mr Pounder

Old May 14th 11, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Marie wrote:

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...l/article.html

Is there a Hull resident who could comment.

Not a Hull resident, but am a cyclist and welcome any initiative by
lawful authority that clamps down on illegal activities.

--
Paul - xxx
Old May 15th 11, 06:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Marie wrote:

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...l/article.html

Is there a Hull resident who could comment.

Not a Hull resident, but am a cyclist and welcome any initiative by
lawful authority that clamps down on illegal activities.

--
Paul - xxx

I shall be cycling through Hull on next Wednesday afternoon on my way to
the Ferry terminal -- towing my trailer, on road but avoiding the busy A63.
Except on the last mile where there is a cycle track on the north side which
takes me up to roundabout leading to the entrance of the dock.
Been through Hull on this run a few times now and there are just a few roads
to avoid with heavy commercial traffic but otherwise I have always found it
OK.

I, unlike an awful lot of POB's in the Doncaster area, cycle on road at all
times, slightly left of centre in my lane on dual carriageways, There are a
few shared use pavements but they are generally unkempt, littered with
detritus, have endless junctions and pedestrians in herds -- I keep well
clear! Pavement riding is antisocial, time wasting, and hazardous both to
pedestrians and cyclists!

--
From
Trevor A Panther

Old May 15th 11, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On May 15, 6:41*am, "Trevor A Panther"
wrote:
"Paul - xxx" wrote in ...

Marie wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately though some cyclists are under the illusion that
pavements are safer than roads. They ignore the fact that motorists
sometimes also use pavements and indeed crash across them while taking
lives in the process. Until this myth of pavement safety is exposed
some cyclists will continue to use them. Pavements actually are more
inconvenient than roads, cluttered as they are with street furniture,
pedestrians and often without dropped kerbs at numerous intersections
where the cyclist has to stop and give way.

Doug.
Old May 15th 11, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 15/05/2011 07:28, Doug wrote:
On May 15, 6:41 am, "Trevor A Panther"
wrote:
"Paul - wrote in ...

Marie wrote:

[...]

Trust you to try to twist a sensible post from what appears to be a
normal cyclist who respects other road users.
Old May 15th 11, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:

I shall be cycling through Hull on *next Wednesday afternoon on my way to
the Ferry terminal -- towing my trailer, on road but avoiding the busy A63.
Except on the last mile where there is a cycle track on the north side which
takes me up to roundabout leading to the entrance of the dock.
Been through Hull on this run a few times now and there are just a few roads
to avoid with heavy commercial traffic but otherwise I have always found it
OK.

If I was coming in from the west, I would cycle south of the Humber
through S****horpe, ride across the Humber Bridge (no toll for
cyclists) then cycle down Livingstone Road, Hessle to Sainsbury's
roundabout, then carry my bike down to the Foreshore. I'd then ride
past Makro, Mr Chu's, Albert Dock, the Marina, The Deep and then
arrive at the ferry terminal having ridden all along the side of the
estuary. Sadly though, it would not be possible with a trailer, as you
have to carry your bike up and down a few steps at various points.

--
Simon Mason
Old May 15th 11, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:

Unfortunately though some cyclists are under the illusion that
pavements are safer than roads.

So why do YOU ride on the pavement?

Calling all Hull cyclists Trevor[_2_] UK 4 February 14th 08 09:49 PM
NSCR Northseacycleroute Hull - Newcastle Klaus Steinkamp UK 0 May 5th 07 09:07 AM
Hull to Harwich oash UK 1 July 26th 06 09:35 AM
Bristol - Hull ride story. Simon Mason UK 19 June 24th 05 02:06 PM
to hull and back Skunk UK 2 January 14th 04 06:42 PM