Valid postcodes for congestion charge consultation

Old September 2nd 08, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TimHenderson

Default Valid postcodes for congestion charge consultation

BoJo has launched a consultation for opinions on what to do with the
Western Extension zone of the London Congestion Charge area
(Kensington/Chesea etc.) :

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/roadusers...-your-say.aspx

He wants to know whether to keep it / scrap it or change it.

"Have you say" provides (allegedly) an on-line form to comment.

Unfortunately it responds to my home and work postcodes with a message
"Invalid postcode" and refuses to listen to my views.

I would be grateful for news of any urc'ers who have a valid
postcode !
Old September 2nd 08, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TimHenderson

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/roadusers.../westernextens...

He wants to know whether to keep it / scrap it or change it.

"Have you say" provides (allegedly) an on-line form to comment.

Unfortunately it responds to my home and work postcodes with a message
"Invalid postcode" and refuses to listen to my views.

I would be grateful for news of any urc'ers who have a valid
postcode !

On a second attempt, it appears to have changed to wanting an email
address and not a postcode (or was it that I needed my specs on the
first time).
Old September 2nd 08, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colin McKenzie

TimHenderson wrote:
On 2 Sep, 20:05, TimHenderson wrote:
BoJo has launched a consultation for opinions on what to do with the
Western Extension zone of the London Congestion Charge area
(Kensington/Chesea etc.) :

Unfortunately it responds to my home and work postcodes with a message
"Invalid postcode" and refuses to listen to my views.

On a second attempt, it appears to have changed to wanting an email
address and not a postcode (or was it that I needed my specs on the
first time).

It rejected my email address, regardless of which browser I used, even
when I changed it from "mayor@..." to "london@...".

Anyone managed to work it? MAybe I should try my postcode where it asks
for email address, and v/v.

Colin McKenzie

--
No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at the
population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as walking.
Old September 2nd 08, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin[_2_]

Colin McKenzie wrote:
TimHenderson wrote:
On 2 Sep, 20:05, TimHenderson wrote:
BoJo has launched a consultation for opinions on what to do with the
Western Extension zone of the London Congestion Charge area

It rejected my email address, regardless of which browser I used, even
when I changed it from "mayor@..." to "london@...".

Anyone managed to work it? MAybe I should try my postcode where it asks
for email address, and v/v.

Just clicked through the survey, it accepted my email addy, and my BS
postcode.

Martin.
Old September 2nd 08, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
OG

"Colin McKenzie" wrote in message
et...
TimHenderson wrote:
On 2 Sep, 20:05, TimHenderson wrote:
BoJo has launched a consultation for opinions on what to do with the
Western Extension zone of the London Congestion Charge area
(Kensington/Chesea etc.) :

Unfortunately it responds to my home and work postcodes with a message
"Invalid postcode" and refuses to listen to my views.

On a second attempt, it appears to have changed to wanting an email
address and not a postcode (or was it that I needed my specs on the
first time).

It rejected my email address, regardless of which browser I used, even
when I changed it from "mayor@..." to "london@...".

Anyone managed to work it? MAybe I should try my postcode where it asks
for email address, and v/v.

It worked for me just now - it accepted my email address and was happy for
me to provide my Cheshire postcode.

Old September 2nd 08, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:25:01 +0100, Colin McKenzie
wrote:

TimHenderson wrote:
On 2 Sep, 20:05, TimHenderson wrote:
BoJo has launched a consultation for opinions on what to do with the
Western Extension zone of the London Congestion Charge area
(Kensington/Chesea etc.) :

Unfortunately it responds to my home and work postcodes with a message
"Invalid postcode" and refuses to listen to my views.

On a second attempt, it appears to have changed to wanting an email
address and not a postcode (or was it that I needed my specs on the
first time).

It rejected my email address, regardless of which browser I used, even
when I changed it from "mayor@..." to "london@...".

Anyone managed to work it? MAybe I should try my postcode where it asks
for email address, and v/v.

It all worked fine for me.

I commented that the Western zone should be extended to the entire
area within the M25.
Old September 2nd 08, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
OG

wrote:

TimHenderson wrote:
On 2 Sep, 20:05, TimHenderson wrote:
BoJo has launched a consultation for opinions on what to do with the
Western Extension zone of the London Congestion Charge area
(Kensington/Chesea etc.) :

Unfortunately it responds to my home and work postcodes with a message
"Invalid postcode" and refuses to listen to my views.

On a second attempt, it appears to have changed to wanting an email
address and not a postcode (or was it that I needed my specs on the
first time).

It rejected my email address, regardless of which browser I used, even
when I changed it from "mayor@..." to "london@...".

Anyone managed to work it? MAybe I should try my postcode where it asks
for email address, and v/v.

It all worked fine for me.

I commented that the Western zone should be extended to the entire
area within the M25.

But with the discount for residents within the CZ, that means far more
people will find it relatively affordable to take to the car again within
the Zone - thus increasing congestion - AIUI, there are quite a lot of
people in Kensington and Chelsea who are looking forward to cheap access to
the CZ once it is extended.

Old September 3rd 08, 06:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 23:31:04 +0100, "OG"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

TimHenderson wrote:
[...]

Abolish the discounts, then.
Old September 3rd 08, 06:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:50:15 +0100
Martin wrote:

Just clicked through the survey, it accepted my email addy, and my BS
postcode.

Is that BS as in Bristol or cow poop?
:-)

Old September 3rd 08, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jens Müller[_2_]

Tom Crispin schrieb:
I commented that the Western zone should be extended to the entire
area within the M25.

But with the discount for residents within the CZ, that means far more
people will find it relatively affordable to take to the car again within
the Zone - thus increasing congestion - AIUI, there are quite a lot of
people in Kensington and Chelsea who are looking forward to cheap access to
the CZ once it is extended.

Abolish the discounts, then.

Or split the zone in different areas ...