My Trike

Old October 4th 06, 09:26 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Chuck

Default My Trike

Gee; I really love my trike. It's really cool. I started out with an
EZ-3 and then modified it. Then I got hit by a car and then re-built it.

It has: mirrors, a squeaky horn, a car horn, two 4" midrange car stereo
speakers, a full fairing in the front and a canopy (detachable) in the
rear, two 26" wheels in the rear and a 20" wheel in the front, really
good tires that I've never had a flat on ( been using them since about
Feb., of last year) two re-chargeable 12 volt batteries that i built
using the batteries from 8 re-chargeable 6 volt hand held spotlights,
I've reinforced the seat back with steel tubing (adjustable), added a
headrest, front and rear lights, (supplemented with blinkies and other
separate battery powered LED head lights, a cigarette lighter, an
ashtray, satellite radio, am/fm, cassette player, cup holders on each
side, arm rests that swing in and out, two fanny bags in front and a
backpack in the rear, two flags, and a car alarm.

weight is maybe about a hundred pounds but it is still a remarkably easy
ride.

anyway; just thought I'd share the joy.

Chuck Trotter

Old October 17th 06, 07:28 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Oh yes, give us a pic.
dlhii wrote:
Oh, need a picture of this

Now as to the joy of your three wheels...

Would this be 50% more joy than, or 2/3s of the suffering, in
comparision to a two wheeler?

I would speculate that you got 33% better treadwear but had 50% more
flats. But I can only seek to share in your joy.

Old October 17th 06, 09:37 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Grolch

wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh yes, give us a pic.
dlhii wrote:
Oh, need a picture of this

Now as to the joy of your three wheels...

Would this be 50% more joy than, or 2/3s of the suffering, in
comparision to a two wheeler?

I would speculate that you got 33% better treadwear but had 50% more
flats. But I can only seek to share in your joy.

My experience is that tread wear is actual higher (on the front wheels)
because of the required "toe-in" causing some tire scrub. In my case the
suffering is about 20% in comparison to a two-wheeler (quads still burn when
I push climbs). Flats - none to date (2600km) but thats on Schwalbe Big
Apples. As for Joy, the grin factor is at least triple that of my
two-wheeler. Broken road surfaces and Traffic are the only crappy things.
Plus, people seem to give the "thumbs up" or "cool bike" feedback all the
time. That's everybody from 7 year olds, through high-school kids, to middle
aged moms. Heck they even honk to give the thumbs up. The only people who
have a problem with the bike seem to be the lycra go-faster crowd and
red-necks in oversized pick-ups...go figure