$95 Tyres, What the

Old September 30th 04, 06:03 AM
Kurt Green

Default $95 Tyres, What the

I saw in a BS this morning some $95 road tyres, each.
What can a $95 road tyre do, that a $30 one can't ?

Old September 30th 04, 06:14 AM
flyingdutch

Kurt Green Wrote:
I saw in a BS this morning some $95 road tyres, each.
What can a $95 road tyre do, that a $30 one can't ?

lighter, faster basically.

OTOH, it'll wear faster.

i think for that kinda dosh it should at least make you coffee

--
flyingdutch

Old September 30th 04, 06:21 AM
bluenose

It'll keep you the right side up going down a twisty/winding hill at
extreme speed. I found cheaper tyres are alot more squirmish and don't
grip as well.

Mind you, I've not been overly impressed with my Maxxis Columbiere's,
good rolling resistance, wearing well etc but I feel they've let me down
in situations such as the ones mentioned above. I've nearly come a
cropper a few times over the last week and have found that I've lost
abit of my bottle. Has anyone else suffered this?

I'll be going back to my Conti 3000's or trying their Attack combo when
I'm ready for a new set.

Old September 30th 04, 06:25 AM
hippy

"Kurt Green" wrote in message
I saw in a BS this morning some $95 road tyres, each.
What can a $95 road tyre do, that a $30 one can't ?

Hold onto the road around a tight
corner at 50kph?

hippy
- who frequently used $90+ tyres for commuting ;-)

Old September 30th 04, 07:21 AM
hippy

"hippy" wrote in message
"Kurt Green" wrote in message
I saw in a BS this morning some $95 road tyres, each.
What can a $95 road tyre do, that a $30 one can't ?

Hold onto the road around a tight
corner at 50kph?

hippy
- who frequently used $90+ tyres for commuting ;-)

"Silent Bob." wrote
Same as in a car, right?!

My car tyres are cheaper..

I have recently swapped to cheaper tyres though
because once ProRace hit ~4000k they puncture
if you look at 'em funny and I didn't want to keep
shelling out on them just for training k's.

hippy

Old September 30th 04, 11:12 AM
NickZX6R

hippy wrote:
"hippy" wrote in message

"Kurt Green" wrote in message

I saw in a BS this morning some $95 road tyres, each.
What can a $95 road tyre do, that a $30 one can't ?

Hold onto the road around a tight
corner at 50kph?

hippy
- who frequently used $90+ tyres for commuting ;-)

"Silent Bob." wrote

Same as in a car, right?!

My car tyres are cheaper..

I have recently swapped to cheaper tyres though
because once ProRace hit ~4000k they puncture
if you look at 'em funny and I didn't want to keep
shelling out on them just for training k's.

hippy

and car tyres last a LOT longer. When you compare $ per km,
bicycle tyres cost an absolute fortune.

But you can't measure the enjoyment of riding in $ terms

--
Nick
Old September 30th 04, 10:11 PM
Resound

NickZX6R Wrote:
hippy wrote:
"hippy" wrote in message

"Kurt Green" wrote in message

I saw in a BS this morning some $95 road tyres, each.
What can a $95 road tyre do, that a $30 one can't ?

Hold onto the road around a tight
corner at 50kph?

hippy
- who frequently used $90+ tyres for commuting ;-)

"Silent Bob." wrote

Same as in a car, right?!

My car tyres are cheaper..

I have recently swapped to cheaper tyres though
because once ProRace hit ~4000k they puncture
if you look at 'em funny and I didn't want to keep
shelling out on them just for training k's.

hippy

and car tyres last a LOT longer. When you compare $ per km,
bicycle tyres cost an absolute fortune.

But you can't measure the enjoyment of riding in $ terms

--
Nick

Try doing a $/km analysis using 19" performance tyres, especially i
they're used in any form of motorsport. The milage is substantiall
less (although getting better these days) and I wish I had the price o
a set of them to spend on a road bike

--
Resound

Old October 1st 04, 12:05 AM
L'acrobat

"Kurt Green" wrote in message
I saw in a BS this morning some $95 road tyres, each.
What can a $95 road tyre do, that a $30 one can't ?

It depends on what they are designed to do - they may have better grip, be
more punture resistant, have better rolling resistance, be lighter, etc

Old October 1st 04, 12:34 AM
flyingdutch

NickZX6R Wrote:

and car tyres last a LOT longer. When you compare $ per km,
bicycle tyres cost an absolute fortune.
Nick

would that come down to contact area being more concentrated...

and the ****e condition of most roads in the lefthand 1-2 metres

--
flyingdutch

Tight Tyres / Rims Gippledocks UK 9 June 28th 05 09:45 PM
Tubeless Tyres James Grabowski UK 9 May 15th 05 01:15 PM
Suggestions: Tyres spademan o---[\) * UK 0 January 21st 05 09:36 AM
road tyres geepeetee General 3 July 28th 04 10:41 AM
20mm vs 23mm tyres Dave Australia 4 December 28th 03 11:49 AM