No more flats

Old September 15th 07, 10:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Greens

Default No more flats

I've had two flats in two days riding a mountain bike. I started looking at
airless tires.

Here's some of their stats.
http://www.airfreetires.com/TireData/Default.htm

This model looks pretty nice and it'll never go flat. $50
http://www.airfreetires.com/Bicycle/...?ProductID=180

SOURCES FOR AIR FREE TIRES on this page
http://www.thebicyclebum.com/#extreme
1.. AIR FREE TIRES Another solid core tire company. Airless tires.
2.. GREENTYRE Tyres without air. Solid core tires.
3.. AMERITYRE Solid core tires. Airless tires. They have some road tires
but mostly off-road type tires.
Anybody have actual experience with these tires?

I also looked this up at google groups. The general feeling was that airless
might be a little slower. Flats don't take long to fix. Mostly "We don't
laike new thangs. Git away bad man!"

In order to fix a flat you have to at least carry a patch kit and I've had
patches fail on me. I'm quite ****ed at that point. I also don't like
getting two flats in two days and having to hunt around for bitsy little
specks that must be in there chewing up my tubes. I suppose if this airless
tire was to take one or two miles per hour off my speed it might be worth it
to never have to bother with it again especially considering I might have to
change a flat at night in the pitch dark.

Old September 15th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

This model looks pretty nice and it'll never go flat. $50http://www.airfreetires.com/Bicycle/Legacy/TireData.asp?ProductID=180

[...]

I have been using tires from http://www.airfreetires.com/ for about 8
years and have found them to work VERY well.

They're not going to make you any faster but, if you want to be sure
that you can get to where you are going, under any kind of road or
trail conditions, without getting a flat, they are definitely a great
product to use.

Lewis.

*****

sharps & flats Tom Keats General 11 February 5th 07 07:02 PM
Clipless vs. Flats SuperG Mountain Biking 61 August 7th 05 07:15 PM
27 vs. 700 pinch flats meb Techniques 1 May 8th 05 06:53 PM
30 on the flats! jj General 26 April 4th 05 02:40 PM
Too many Flats...what to do? daino149 Unicycling 19 March 10th 04 07:18 AM