Time Road Pedals - Why The Changes?

Old March 20th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hands Of Stone

Default Time Road Pedals - Why The Changes?

I have always use Time clipless road pedals and have had several sets
of them. My old ones still work fine, but I am getting a pair of Xens
as a replacement due to an error. Why have they kept changing the
pedals so much? Original = Impact = RX = Xen. Has anyone out
there put some miles/kilos on the Xens? If so, may I have some
feedback? Thanks.
Old March 23rd 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hands Of Stone

On Mar 20, 1:34*pm, Hands Of Stone wrote:
I have always use Time clipless road pedals and have had several sets
of them. *My old ones still work fine, but I am getting a pair of Xens
as a replacement due to an error. *Why have they kept changing the
pedals so much? *Original = Impact = RX = Xen. *Has anyone out
there put some miles/kilos on the Xens? *If so, may I have some
feedback? *Thanks.

Wow. Years ago when I would check out this group very frequently,
there used to be lots of lively commentary and sage advice. It has
really degenerated. Except for a few stalwarts, the whole thing have
become a discouraging mix of mudslinging and nonstop ads. Very sad....
Old March 23rd 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
daveornee[_162_]

Hands Of Stone Wrote:
I have always use Time clipless road pedals and have had several sets
of them. My old ones still work fine, but I am getting a pair of Xens
as a replacement due to an error. Why have they kept changing the
pedals so much? Original = Impact = RX = Xen. Has anyone out
there put some miles/kilos on the Xens? If so, may I have some
feedback? Thanks.

Maybe there is no one out there who has put many miles on Xens.
I still have a couple sets of the old sets Time pedals. I like them
and use them about 10,000 miles/year without seeing any reason to
change. I clean the contact areas and replace the cleats as needed. It
seems to takes 3 years to wear out the metal part of the cleat enough to
require the change.
I serviced the bearings on both sets once in 10 years. I am not going
to change until I need to.

--
daveornee

Old March 24th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Hands Of Stone wrote:
Wow. Years ago when I would check out this group very frequently,
there used to be lots of lively commentary and sage advice. It has
really degenerated. Except for a few stalwarts, the whole thing have
become a discouraging mix of mudslinging and nonstop ads. Very sad....

Once the snow melts and riders get outside it's better here on r.b.t.

It is snowing right now in SE Wisconsin.

Old March 24th 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Hands Of Stone wrote:
Wow. Years ago when I would check out this group very frequently,
there used to be lots of lively commentary and sage advice. It has
really degenerated. Except for a few stalwarts, the whole thing have
become a discouraging mix of mudslinging and nonstop ads. Very sad....

Once the snow melts and riders get outside it's better here on r.b.t.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971
Old March 25th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hands Of Stone

Hands Of Stone wrote:
Wow. *Years ago when I would check out this group very frequently,
there used to be lots of lively commentary and sage advice. *It has
really degenerated. *Except for a few stalwarts, the whole thing have
become a discouraging mix of mudslinging and nonstop ads. *Very sad.....

Once the snow melts and riders get outside it's better here on r.b.t.

It is snowing right now in SE Wisconsin.

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful- Hide quoted text -

I didn't think of the weather factor. We can basically ride all year
around here in British Columbia (I guess I should thank my lucky
stars). You make a good point about the Xens being so new. The
distributors lost my old pedals and are kindly replacing them with the
Xens - hope they last as long as my old Time pedals. Thanks.
Old March 25th 08, 12:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Hands Of Stone wrote:
Wow. Years ago when I would check out this group very frequently,
there used to be lots of lively commentary and sage advice. It has
really degenerated. Except for a few stalwarts, the whole thing have
become a discouraging mix of mudslinging and nonstop ads. Very sad....

Once the snow melts and riders get outside it's better here on r.b.t.

It is snowing right now in SE Wisconsin.

Midwest winters can be brutal. I was living in South Dakota at one
point and we were hit with a big snow in mid April. That was the end
of my long term plans to live in S.D.