Advice on Holland wanted.

Old June 11th 04, 07:35 AM
Ro

Default Advice on Holland wanted.

I am a 59 year old amputee wanting to ride the length of Holland and any advice on terrain and weather conditions around this time of year would be much appreciated. My amputation is the front of the left foot from shin line forward. I am now riding between 50 - 75 Km every second day.I have a hand made bike to suit me and do race(Unsuccessfully) in club races.
All information gratefully recieved
Thanks in advance
Ro.
Old June 11th 04, 08:00 PM
B17 GUY

Be prepared for rain at any time. Holland is a rather damp country.

Winds generally from the South/Southwest and are pretty constant. Sometimes
strong sometimes weak but always a factor.

Holland is generally pretty flat and sandy. Except down near Maastrict (sp?) in
the south where it is downright hilly.

I cycle toured Holland and found it to be one of the most delightful tours I
have ever undertaken.

Guy
College Park

P.S. Learn a few basic phrases in Dutch. In the cities mast people are bi
lingual in Dutch and English but in some of the outlying areas English is less
common.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Rental advice needed for Anaheim, CA area John General 1 December 9th 03 10:30 PM
Beginner seeking advice Joe S. General 5 October 13th 03 10:57 PM
Long distance transportation advice needed Geoff G General 4 July 13th 03 04:16 PM