Feeling better now

Old February 25th 04, 03:52 PM
nobody760

Default Feeling better now

I'm getting on a bit now - 60 - so November to February is out,
other than local use of hack bike. I cracked today, she said she was going
out all day, good I thought, I know what to do. Its cold here so I went down
the garage got a sheet of 4 x 8 old wall board, laid it down in the middle
room over the carpet and turned the heating on to maximum Hawaii-style heat!
Then for 4 hours I cleaned, adjusted, oiled, polished and generally lavished
total love on my beloved bike! I feel better now and March is only around
the corner.

Please, please don't tell her will you!

Old February 25th 04, 04:16 PM
MSeries

nobody760 wrote:
I'm getting on a bit now - 60 - so November to February is
out, other than local use of hack bike. I cracked today, she said she
was going out all day, good I thought, I know what to do. Its cold
here so I went down the garage got a sheet of 4 x 8 old wall board,
laid it down in the middle room over the carpet and turned the
heating on to maximum Hawaii-style heat! Then for 4 hours I cleaned,
adjusted, oiled, polished and generally lavished total love on my
beloved bike! I feel better now and March is only around the corner.

Please, please don't tell her will you!

She'll find out somehow you mark my words. Maybe it'll be the lingering
smell of lubricant, maybe a fragment of cotton from the rag you used, maybe
the dirt under your fingernails.

What a fine way to spend an afternoon though.

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely.
http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

Old February 25th 04, 05:17 PM
John Hearns

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:52:02 +0000, nobody760 wrote:

Please, please don't tell her will you!

Your secret is safe with us. For a price.

BTW, the deviousness of the furtive bike maintainer.
Using a one-time only Hotmail address...
Old February 25th 04, 07:26 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I'm getting on a bit now - 60 - so November to February is out,
other than local use of hack bike. I cracked today, she said she was going
out all day, good I thought, I know what to do. Its cold here so I went down
the garage got a sheet of 4 x 8 old wall board, laid it down in the middle
room over the carpet and turned the heating on to maximum Hawaii-style heat!
Then for 4 hours I cleaned, adjusted, oiled, polished and generally lavished
total love on my beloved bike! I feel better now and March is only around
the corner.

But that's what homes are for, the looking after of bikes in the winter months
:-)

Cheers, helen s
(with a bike in the library right now)

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old February 25th 04, 07:32 PM
PK

Cheers, helen s
(with a bike in the library right now)

Library!!!!!!!!!!!?

pk

Old February 25th 04, 07:35 PM
Richard Bates

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:32:54 +0000 (UTC), in
, "PK"

(with a bike in the library right now)

Library!!!!!!!!!!!?

Full of back issues of C+

--
DISCLAIMER: My email box is private property.Email which
appears in my inbox is mine to do what I like with.
Old February 25th 04, 07:37 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Library!!!!!!!!!!!?

pk

Yup - I have a room which is used as a personal library (I love books and have
loads). When t'other half & I bought curent house, we decided that since all
grand country houses have a library, and saying as this particular country
house is as grand as we are ever likely to have, we really should have a
library. So we have.

Indeed - I really need to put more shelving in there...

Not that we have any delusions of grandeur, you understand ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old February 25th 04, 07:45 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Library!!!!!!!!!!!?

Full of back issues of C+

I do quite a few of those :-) But lots of sci-fi, educational science books,
undergrad course books from my degree back in the dim mists of time. New
post-grad books for current studies. Lots of books on art. Loads of kids books
from when Nathan was a tot up to present day. Lots of books on various aspects
of cycling, by and/or about cyclists. All sorts really. I just *love* books.
Well, apart from Mills & Boon type stuff - none of that sort of rubbish
inhabits the library!

Cheers, helen s

Old February 25th 04, 10:31 PM
Mark

PK wrote:

Cheers, helen s
(with a bike in the library right now)

Library!!!!!!!!!!!?

pk

Up untill Sunday my windcheetah was in the conservatory.
--
Mark

After thinking long about a signature I've decided not to bother.

Old February 25th 04, 11:08 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , PK
') wrote: