GB4 Air Seat Construction Instructions

Old March 9th 04, 06:00 AM
gbarnes

Default GB4 Air Seat Construction Instructions

I've written some detailed air seat insructions (with pictures!) for
carbon fiber bases using Reeder and GB handles.

http://www.gb4mfg.com/gb4/air_seat.pdf

Nothing earth shattering, but I thought I'd post it for anyone
considering doing an air seat conversion. Obviously the instructions
would be fairly similar for Miyata bases and other handles.

I did this for an English class (technical communication), so they're
kind of pedantic.

--
gbarnes - www.gb4mfg.com

George C. Barnes IV
GB4 Manufacturing, L.L.C.
http://www.gb4mfg.com/
gbarnes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/174

Old March 9th 04, 06:58 AM
Mojoe

Really nice George!

Lots of detail and great pictures too.

Mojoe

--
Mojoe - DILLIGAF

Nothing to see here... move along.
Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

Old March 9th 04, 07:47 AM
Rayden

Very nice. Make sure it is easily available to all and well publicized.

--
Rayden
Rayden's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/264

Old March 9th 04, 12:25 PM
Tmornstar

Way to go George! Very, very well done!
Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

Tommy Thompson
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Old March 9th 04, 10:01 PM
TonyMelton

What's to stop the rear bumper's bolts from spinning when you want to
disassemble the saddle? The duct tape?

I would have thought that you could get away with non-coach bolts
everywhere else, except on the rear bumper...

__Tony

--
TonyMelton - Up, up and awaaaay!

New freestyle videos added to 'Tony's Photos'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albur10) on 25th Feb! Check 'em oot!
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old March 10th 04, 03:18 AM
gbarnes

I'ved used plain hex head cap screws on all of my rear bumpers for some
time. I can do this because I do NOT use nylon lock nuts. I just get
the hex nuts tight enough to snug up the bumper.

Between the duct tape and holding/pinching the bolts through the seat
cover I haven't had a problem.

Old March 10th 04, 05:08 AM
fluffinator007

I saw the most of these instructions done in front of me by sir-george.
Excellent I might add, although i could use some more air in it, ill go
do that right now.

--
fluffinator007 - Expert UPD'ist

My image was voted out.