Saturday morning sillyness

Old June 27th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Saturday morning sillyness

The boys were out early saturday morning, sun not quite up, on a quiet
road in South West Aussie... We had a ute with a bloke in the back
taking some video so it seemed like a good idea to do a bit of motor
pacing behind it. As the pace picked up the group got smaller until
there was only 5 left hammering along at about 50 ks - then the ute
went over a dead kangaroo - the driver didn't see it. One of the guys
stayed up, the rest hit the kangaroo and landed in hospital with
various injuries and lots of wrecked lycra, bent wheels, shattered
carbon and dented alloy. One of them had brought a new tt bike the day
before. He was badly concussed and lost all memory of buying the bike
or ever riding it. At the hospital they told him he'd trashed his new
tt bike and he said "what new tt bike?" That really upset him!
Don't motor pace in the dark boys and girls. Stay safe.

Old June 27th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Jun 27, 3:25 pm, wrote:
The boys were out early saturday morning, sun not quite up, on a quiet
road in South West Aussie... We had a ute with a bloke in the back
taking some video so it seemed like a good idea to do a bit of motor
pacing behind it. As the pace picked up the group got smaller until
there was only 5 left hammering along at about 50 ks - then the ute
went over a dead kangaroo - the driver didn't see it. One of the guys
stayed up, the rest hit the kangaroo and landed in hospital with
various injuries and lots of wrecked lycra, bent wheels, shattered
carbon and dented alloy. One of them had brought a new tt bike the day
before. He was badly concussed and lost all memory of buying the bike
or ever riding it. At the hospital they told him he'd trashed his new
tt bike and he said "what new tt bike?" That really upset him!
Don't motor pace in the dark boys and girls. Stay safe.

At the very least they got it on video.

Joseph

Old June 27th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66

Just A User wrote:

And more important beware of large roadkill.

Having dug so much glass, rock chips and who knows what else out of my
skinny tires, I avoid all roadkill, if I can.
Old June 28th 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
me

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:25:16 +0000, roger.618034 wrote:

- then the ute
went over a dead kangaroo -

Ow! And I get worried about a gopher or 2!

Perfect Saturday morning ride. Tim Morin Unicycling 4 February 11th 07 02:42 AM
M2 Action this Saturday scotty72 Australia 10 January 29th 07 12:53 AM
B Results on Saturday Keith Racing 22 August 4th 06 08:16 PM
Were you at Murarrie on Saturday morning? LotteBum Australia 3 August 30th 05 12:39 AM
Was that you on Saturday Nebakke?? LotteBum Australia 1 May 30th 05 12:59 AM