Joys of riding bike on bikewalk

Old June 14th 11, 04:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default Joys of riding bike on bikewalk

On Jun 14, 11:01 am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
"Sharx3335" wrote in message

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

"Sharx3335" wrote in message

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

"Sharx3335" wrote in message
Cyclists are MUCH more likely to be bums or deadbeats than are
motorists. Most motorists have FAR more invested in their mode of
transportation than do cyclists. Motorists, on the average, also pay
far higher taxes, therefore are entitled to a privileged position on
the roads.

I hate to sound as if I am on TibetanMonkeyCrap's side on this one
because I am not, but I'd like to see some support for the crap that
you are spewing.

As a bike rider, I own several cars and a house, so I'm pretty sure I
pay as many taxes as the next guy, and perhaps more, while riding my
bike on the sidewalk.

I'm not supporting Monkey**** as much as I'm challenging you. You are
more full of **** than a Christmas Turkey.

I don't claim that 100% fall into one category or the other--just, ON
THE AVERAGE, the AVERAGE car driver has a LOT MORE attachment to the
economic/tax base than does the AVERAGE cyclist. Just sayin'!.

So, show me some data on the averages. I think you are wrong. You are so
wrong that there are no words to describe how wrong you are. Well,
Joe****ForBrains is a good word to use, I suppose. Or, TibetanMonkeyCrap.

My guess is that the average cyclist uses a car to get his bike to where
he wants to ride it.

Up here, in the frozen North, one would have to be a masochist to use
cycling as their *prime* method of transportation.

I can't shake the desire to compare that statement to a contribution of
having a pastrami sandwich for lunch in the middle of a discussion on the
fabulous weather we're having.

You threw out a seeming random comment that bike riders are some kind of
lowlife, to which I countered that I ride a bike and own three cars and a
house with a pool -- removing me from the pool of lowlifes that you assert
are the primary bike owners.

Now you support your random comment with a baseless assertion. I'm not sure
that intelligent adults do that sort of thing...

I got some of the most dignified bikes, some of the best looks
around...

and still they push me around.

They automatically --and conveniently-- classify you as a "monkey."