Approaching Milestone for ARBR

Old August 24th 05, 02:30 AM
Edward Dolan

Default Approaching Milestone for ARBR

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I will not look up crap like this. I asked what it meant and all I get
are know it all comments from idiots like you. Write it out if you want
to be understood.

No Ed, you didn't ask. If you had asked, I would have answered. You are
far to arrogant to ask. Instead you got confrontational and flat out
refused to ask. But why am I telling you this. You know who you are and
what you did. Remember when they called Kerry a "flip flopper"? If he was
one then it must be a skill he learned from you as you are clearly the
living master of the art.

Well, I clearly asked SOMEONE what it meant. Maybe Perry Butler? But I am
way too lazy to go back and look any of this up.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 24th 05, 02:37 AM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message
[...]
I have no problem explaining acronyms that you don't understand unless,
like our friend Ed, you post a message that says "I'm not going to ask and
I'm not going to look it up". That amounts to pride in ignorance.

As for other examples, it really is impossible for me to know what you
don't know but there are gaps in everyone's knowledge including mine. It
happens all the time that someone shows me the simplest thing that I end
up being surprised I didn't already know. I am often amazed but never do I
claim that if I don't already know it, it isn't worth knowing.

I expect others to write everything out unless the initials and acronyms are
as common as mud. It is highly presumptuous to expect the reader to look up
anything that is not common knowledge by resorting to initials and acronyms.
Intelligent writers never do that sort of thing.

Old August 24th 05, 03:46 AM
Johnny ReBike

On 23-Aug-2005, "E(dward) D(olan)" wrote:

I expect others to write everything out unless the initials and acronyms
are
as common as mud. It is highly presumptuous to expect the reader to look
up
anything that is not common knowledge by resorting to initials and
acronyms.
Intelligent writers never do that sort of thing.

We all know what E.D. stands for

--
Johnny ReBike
ReBike - Slowest Bike in the Known Universe

Old August 24th 05, 05:14 AM
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

Perry knows what is going on here even if you don't. I REFUSE to look up
anything. It comes from my professional training as a college librarian.

Are you sure you had "professional training as a college librarian"?
From what cereal box did you get your degree?

No wonder you didn't have a career as a librarian! You obviously
missed the reason for libraries!

LIBRARIES ARE WHERE YOU GO TO LOOK THINGS UP!

Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy,

Perry B

Perry has got it half right, but at least 90% of the students who are in
college should not be there. They are way too stupid for anyone to waste
time on them. All they want out of life is to maximize their incomes and
they think they can do that if they have a college degree.

As a librarian I would delight in steering the student in the right
direction, but I would absolutely refuse to do any of his work for him. The
main function of a librarian is to provide the resources - period. It is up
to the student to figure out how to access those resources. The main problem
with most librarians is that they want to be TOO helpful. I never made that
mistake and I would give the student a good swift kick in the pants in order
to get him to do his own freaking research.

Of all the students I have ever had the misfortune to deal with, there were
only about 10% that were worth bothering with. All the others should have
gone to a trade school where they could end up like Perry Butler, a blind
man leading the blind.

Truth to tell, I am an elitist and believe that a college education ought to
be reserve for the privileged few. I am a European at heart and I do not
believe in this American obsession with education. All that most slobs need
in this world is a high school education with a trade school thrown in at
the end so that the working man can get an income from their miserable jobs.
Real education and real life is reserved for Great souls like myself.

The unexamined life is not worth living and that is the kind of life that
most men lead. I give you Perry Butler as an example of what I am talking
about.

Old August 24th 05, 11:48 AM
Jeff Grippe

You were in a public service profession?

That is a mind-numbing concept if ever there was one.

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

Perry knows what is going on here even if you don't. I REFUSE to look up
anything. It comes from my professional training as a college librarian.

Are you sure you had "professional training as a college librarian"?
From what cereal box did you get your degree?

Old August 24th 05, 04:01 PM
HHS

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message

"HHS" wrote in message

I looked up DSL. To better understand it one would also need to know
ISDN, DSLAM, DBS, DMT, DWNT, DNS, DWMT, G.dmt, and G.lite along with a
seemingly endless stream of other acronyms and what they stand for.

So I leave all that with you and the others. If I must learn them I'm
confident I will when that day comes, but until then I intend to go on in
my own blissful, willful, arrogant acronym unknowledge.

It isn't important to understand the long list of acronyms that you
supplied. The important point is DSL = high speed internet. This is all
that the telephone companies who sell it need for you to understand. The
acronym has become a thing that doesn't require technical knowledge to be
useful.

Likewise if you are a parent of a young child today, you don't have to
understand ADD/ADHD at a technical level to have a working knowledge of
what is involved. It is a subject that will come up and as a parent you
will be exposed to it over and over. All you need to understand at a basic
level is ADD/ADHD = learning problem or behavior problem. That is the core
of what is funny about applying it to Ed as a joke.

Jeff

This seems to take us back to our starting point where the only acronyms we
really need to know are the important ones which appear on magazine covers
or those that the marketers require us to know for the purchase their
products.

Old August 25th 05, 01:39 AM
Johnny ReBike

On 21-Aug-2005, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

If others are so stupid as to be changing their email address then that is

their lookout. The fact remains that Tom Sherman posted more idiotic
messages to this group than anyone, but that is soon to change. I will
soon
overtake him as the most prolific poster of all time to ARBR under a
single
email address. The fact also remains that one of my messages is worth ten
of
his. Finally, anyone who was on this fouled up group prior to 200l should
have died and gone to hell long ago. Why are you still here, pray tell?

dolan,

Mr. Sherman contributes more to society in a single day that you have in
your miserable life.

Johnny ReBike [Slowest Bike in the Known Universe] is here to annoy ed
doofus.

Thus spake Johnny ReBike [Slowest Bike in the Known Universe]

Old August 25th 05, 03:57 AM
Edward Dolan

"Johnny ReBike" wrote in message

[...]

dolan should be Dolan.

Maybe you could take a cue from your mentor Tom Sherman and contribute
something to this group yourself instead of mindlessly trolling with idiotic
nonsense.

But in any event, Sherman was overrated by various members of this group. He
was OK when on-topic and he most definitely was NOT OK when he was
off-topic. But he is gone now because he got disgusted with the likes of
you.

It is amusing indeed to consider that Ed Gin (Johnny ReBike) has concern for
what others may or may not be contributing to society when all he has ever
done is to destroy this newsgroup by his criminal vandal trolling. Don't
believe me? Go back and review the posts of last February. There you will
see nothing but forgeries and false names, ever the hallmarks of a criminal.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

New milestone: metric century rubic Unicycling 16 September 21st 08 10:26 PM
approaching horses sean UK 31 January 24th 05 10:37 AM
OT you know Christmas is approaching when; MartinM UK 9 November 26th 04 06:49 PM
Milestone Mandell Unicycling 4 August 23rd 03 09:02 AM