Toe Straps

Old April 2nd 09, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Toe Straps

Hi there.

I think I found another advantage to inexpensive clipless pedals. That
advantage is that toe straps are close to 1/2 half the price of
clipless pedals; 2/3 the price with shipping added.

I want to get some reasonable quality toe straps for some of my
pedals. What do you recommend?

Do any of you know of any Canadian sources for toe straps at a
reasonable price?

I looked at Ebay and a few on-line stores but I don't want to have to
pay over $20 for toe straps and then another $10 to $20 for shipping.

Thanks from Peter
Old April 2nd 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Brewster Fong

On Apr 2, 10:47*am, wrote:
Hi there.

I think I found another advantage to inexpensive clipless pedals. That
advantage is that toe straps are close to 1/2 half the price of
clipless pedals; 2/3 the price with shipping added.

I want to get some reasonable quality toe straps for *some of my
pedals. What do you recommend?

Do any of you know of any Canadian sources for toe straps at a
reasonable price?

I looked at Ebay and a few on-line stores but I don't want to have to
pay over $20 for toe straps and then another $10 to $20 for shipping.

Good Luck with all that! I used toeclips and straps years ago and am
glad to be done with them. I LOVE my clipless pedals. Actually, I use
my clipless (speedplay frogs) on my go-fast and regular step-on pedals
on my commuter. Nevertheless, if you enjoy using clips and straps, go
for it.

Btw, if you want an alternative to clips and straps, check out these
straps:

http://www.rivbike.com/products/list...product=14-046
Old April 2nd 09, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 2, 1:58*pm, Brewster Fong wrote:
[...]

I have three pairs of clipless road pedals and I tried clipless mtb
pedals. I far prefer my pedals with the toe clips. With the toe clips
and straps I can wear *ANY* shoe at any time whenever I want to go for
a ride which is nice.

I have an ancient pair of Detto leather cycling shoes and I have a
very old pair of Addidas Eddy Merckz cycling shoes. The latter ae
drilled for Look type cleats but I have a worn out pair that I
modified for the toe clip equipped pedals. I see that Yellow Jersey
sells cleats very similar to them.

I see toe straps for $8.00 on the page your link goes to but I can't
click on them because that darn add for the Power Grips is in the way.
I'm not interested in the Power Grips. Maybe I'll just order the toe
straps sight unseen. What are their delivery tiimes like?

Thanks and cheers from Peter
Old April 2nd 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 2, 1:14*pm, wrote:
[...]

Thanks and cheers from Peter- Hide quoted text -

http://www.rivbike.com/products/list...product=14-044

http://www.velo-orange.com/votoeclst.html

http://www.velo-orange.com/aletoeclst.html

http://www.wallbike.com/components/t...andstraps.html

http://www.wallbike.com/components.html Halfway down the page is
toestraps.
Old April 2nd 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Jacoubowsky

wrote in message
Hi there.

I think I found another advantage to inexpensive clipless pedals. That
advantage is that toe straps are close to 1/2 half the price of
clipless pedals; 2/3 the price with shipping added.

I want to get some reasonable quality toe straps for some of my
pedals. What do you recommend?

Do any of you know of any Canadian sources for toe straps at a
reasonable price?

I looked at Ebay and a few on-line stores but I don't want to have to
pay over $20 for toe straps and then another $10 to $20 for shipping.

Thanks from Peter

There are no local bike shops in Canada??? Of course, you might live far
away from a population center. But otherwise, check out your local bike
shop. Chances are they have a box of take-off pedals, with toe clips &
straps, from new bikes where the buyer wanted to go to clipless. They'll
either sell you the toe clips & straps cheap, or maybe even the entire
setup (pedal with toe clip & strap) for a song.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old April 2nd 09, 09:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 2, 4:40*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA- Hide quoted text -

Hi Mike.

There are three bike shops here in town. Clipless especiallt MTB is
all the rage here and toeclips and/or straps are not to be found
except for some really cheap Chinese made ones that the strap hardly
goes through the buckle of. I even tried the re-cycle bike shop to no
avail.

Cheers from Peter
Old April 2nd 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Brewster Fong

On Apr 2, 11:35*am, "
wrote:
On Apr 2, 1:14*pm, wrote:

[...]

toestraps.- Hide quoted text -

One mo

http://www.yellowjersey.org/toeclip.html
Old April 3rd 09, 02:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 2, 9:23*pm, Marcus Coles wrote:
wrote:
Hi there.

I think I found another advantage to inexpensive clipless pedals. That
advantage is that toe straps are close to 1/2 half the price of
clipless pedals; 2/3 the price with shipping added.

I want to get some reasonable quality toe straps for *some of my
pedals. What do you recommend?

Do any of you know of any Canadian sources for toe straps at a
reasonable price?

I looked at Ebay and a few on-line stores but I don't want to have to
pay over $20 for toe straps and then another $10 to $20 for shipping.

Thanks from Peter

Where are you located in Canada?
Perhaps someone can suggest a local source.

I've seen nylon straps and plastic toe clips at Canadian Tire.
I think most of the local bike shops around here have similar in stock
and will order leather straps and metal clips if you ask nicely.

The wholesaler/distributor Cycles Lambert lists them in their catalog
and I imagine most others do as well.http://www.cycleslambert.com/customers/en/

Marcus- Hide quoted text -

Hi Marcus and thanks.

I'm in Ontario and I bought some of those real crappy Canadian Tire
toe straps and clips. I had a devil of a time getting the strap
through the buckle and it did not want to release when the buckle was
opened. Tomorrow I'll try two of the shops here in town and see if
they can order decent toe straps without having to put in a Big $
order.

Cheers from Peter

Three velcro straps sufficient? Claus Assmann General 15 December 19th 09 07:25 PM
foot straps Coach UK 36 December 13th 06 06:32 PM
fs: Toe-Straps Mike Marketplace 0 July 28th 06 06:24 PM
Grr...polar HRM straps dtmeister Australia 11 April 7th 06 11:31 PM
Q: old helmet straps toobdood General 10 August 21st 03 11:03 PM