Congressman Sam Farr at 8/17 Fest - Skot Creates New Route

Old July 30th 03, 10:11 AM
Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway

Default Congressman Sam Farr at 8/17 Fest - Skot Creates New Route

In monster huge news, we just found out that Congressman Sam Farr will
be speaking at the endpoint for our National Mayors' Ride, our second
annual August 17 Santa Cruz NBG Bike Fest
http://www.nationalbicyclegreenway.com/Events/Festival . And talk about
a public servant of the highest order, Sam's coming up from nearly a
hundred miles away **during his vacation** to talk about a dream he and
I share, and an important part of the National Bicycle Greenway network
-- a pathway along the coast from Santa Cruz to Monterey. And Sam is
The Man who carries a bike stick where locating the bucks are concerned
to make all of it real. The driver who was a great force in ushering
the world famous Cannery Row bike path in Monterey into form, at our
event he will be taking about what his office is doing to make the
Coastal Rail Trail from Santa Cruz to the Pajaro River a reality. WoW
WoW -- Excited!!

And a Santa Cruzan who stands to benefit from Sam's work will also be
here via Eugene, Arcata and soon Napa!! That's right, Skot Paschal who
was just the toast of the town in Arcata as per the pictures
http://NationalBicycleGreenway.com/gallery that just came in from Mayor
Bob's bike excited town (Bob Ornelas might even ride some of Bay Area
Mayors' Ride cities and wants also to be at the Festival!) is also
creating a new likely relay leg for next year as he does so. Skot just
announced that he will be at the Friday August 1 proclamation ceremony
in Napa meaning he will have forged an Arcata to Napa bike connection.
And here to describe his day's riding is some more of his epic Pocket
Mail poetry and fun writing :

Uphill for pert near ever
Now has nothing to do with the top.
Feeling clear of any ideas
Watching in the rear
Looking at the sky above me
Letting it all just happen
redflower, hawk, lush blackberries,
and just a touch of fear.(That's healthy).
and when the summit levels
towards a 10% grade
a party's just about to start
like an eagle downward
through the thermals
you glide

Subject: Ukiah Sushi

Firing down the spicy tuna hand roll with a large Tsingtao in the
15,000+ town of Ukiah.
Highway 101 from Willits is a road of beauty. There is brand new
blacktop and super shoulders. Even though there was considerable
traffic, the wide "bike" lane and over 10 miles of sailing downhill
made it a beautiful way to end a challenging HOTTTT day.

There are some high clouds rolling in. My hope is that represents a
cooling trend.
The road to Napa brings back fond memories. The Napa marathon was my
last big race before the legs said,"You wanna play? Ride a bike." Good
advice and it will be sweet to ride the road I ran. Then I can say I
rode the road I ran.
Getting too silly. Time for a Deluxe CA roll.

In a peldaling state of mind,
Sk.

Having little, you can receive much.
Having much, you'll just become confused.
-Lao Tzu

------------------------------
Local access to PocketMail mobile
e-mail now available in Europe, North
America & Australia http://www.pocketmail.com

Skot Paschal is a popular Santa Cruz middle school math teacher at
http://www.skot.web-page.net
Skot can be reached on the road at:

MARTIN KRIEG: "Awake Again" Author c/o BikeRoute.com
79 & 86 TransAms, nonprofit Nat. Bicycle Greenway CEO
Ever wanted anything so bad U were willing to die for it?
Really die? By moving thru clinical death and reversing
paralysis, *I saw God* when I answered that question.