SEASONS

Old October 29th 17, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default SEASONS

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 6:34:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:
goo.gl/ALHFfV

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discuss...hp?disc=pmdspd

Old October 30th 17, 12:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default SEASONS -- FALL RIDING

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 3:45:20 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 6:34:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:
goo.gl/ALHFfV

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discuss...hp?disc=pmdspd

Fall colors are spectacular. If it stays dry, here next week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCYjRBTbXcs I haven't been to Horsetail Falls in a few months, but I love this footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKR6aO8_e8

Yesterday it was warm -- not a cloud in the sky, and I did a climb in the West Hills under an almost solid canopy of gold and red leaves. Today, it started foggy and wet, and I rode with some friends through Forest Park on CX bikes, mostly on leaves. https://tinyurl.com/y89gd4aj There's gravel under there. The downside of fall is falling down . . . on leaves.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old October 30th 17, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/29/2017 7:56 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 3:45:20 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 6:34:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:
goo.gl/ALHFfV

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discuss...hp?disc=pmdspd

Fall colors are spectacular. If it stays dry, here next week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCYjRBTbXcs I haven't been to Horsetail Falls in a few months, but I love this footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKR6aO8_e8

Yesterday it was warm -- not a cloud in the sky, and I did a climb in the West Hills under an almost solid canopy of gold and red leaves.

You're lucky. Our amazingly dry autumn has muted the leaf colors. And
this weekend's weather canceled some interesting travel and camping
plans with friends. Like most of the weekend, it's about 40 degrees
Fahrenheit and drizzling. It's like Oregon out there! :-(

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 30th 17, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 5:15:34 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/29/2017 7:56 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 3:45:20 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 6:34:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:
goo.gl/ALHFfV

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discuss...hp?disc=pmdspd

Fall colors are spectacular. If it stays dry, here next week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCYjRBTbXcs I haven't been to Horsetail Falls in a few months, but I love this footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKR6aO8_e8

Yesterday it was warm -- not a cloud in the sky, and I did a climb in the West Hills under an almost solid canopy of gold and red leaves.

You're lucky. Our amazingly dry autumn has muted the leaf colors. And
this weekend's weather canceled some interesting travel and camping
plans with friends. Like most of the weekend, it's about 40 degrees
Fahrenheit and drizzling. It's like Oregon out there! :-(

I don't post videos of driving rain and riding on ****ty roads with lots of cars. O.K., here's one -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p31FqlkSPXs I was riding home a couple of weeks ago through a lake-sized puddle when a Tri-Met bus came by and produced a wave that broke over my head for five seconds. I was riding blind with buckets of water running down my jacket, into my booties -- into my soul! It was like the opening credits for Hawaii Five-O, except cold water, dark and no palm trees.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old October 30th 17, 05:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

from here that is one ugly weather forecast

goo.gl/43AFYP
Old October 30th 17, 04:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 4:57:01 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 3:45:20 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 6:34:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:
goo.gl/ALHFfV

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discuss...hp?disc=pmdspd

Fall colors are spectacular. If it stays dry, here next week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCYjRBTbXcs I haven't been to Horsetail Falls in a few months, but I love this footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKR6aO8_e8

Yesterday it was warm -- not a cloud in the sky, and I did a climb in the West Hills under an almost solid canopy of gold and red leaves. Today, it started foggy and wet, and I rode with some friends through Forest Park on CX bikes, mostly on leaves. https://tinyurl.com/y89gd4aj There's gravel under there. The downside of fall is falling down . . . on leaves.

I had what should have been two spectacular crashes without so much as a scratch from falling into large piles of leaves. But the rocky culverts mere inches away made one ride more carefully.
Old October 30th 17, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gregory Sutter

On 2017-10-30, jbeattie wrote:

I was riding home a couple of weeks ago through a lake-sized puddle
when a Tri-Met bus came by and produced a wave that broke over my
head for five seconds. I was riding blind with buckets of water
running down my jacket, into my booties -- into my soul! It was
like the opening credits for Hawaii Five-O, except cold water, dark
and no palm trees.

And you were the spitting image of Jack Lord!

--
Gregory S. Sutter Mostly Harmless

http://zer0.org/~gsutter/
Old October 30th 17, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://lindsayhart.com/jay-beattie

http://www.active.com/Assets/Cycling...an+Fondo+3.jpg
Old October 31st 17, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

On 2017-10-30, jbeattie wrote:

I was riding home a couple of weeks ago through a lake-sized puddle
when a Tri-Met bus came by and produced a wave that broke over my
head for five seconds. I was riding blind with buckets of water
running down my jacket, into my booties -- into my soul! It was
like the opening credits for Hawaii Five-O, except cold water, dark
and no palm trees.

And you were the spitting image of Jack Lord!

Seeing as Jack Lord is quite dead, I'm not sure how much of a compliment
that was.

Old October 31st 17, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On 2017-10-30, jbeattie wrote:

I was riding home a couple of weeks ago through a lake-sized puddle
when a Tri-Met bus came by and produced a wave that broke over my
head for five seconds. I was riding blind with buckets of water
running down my jacket, into my booties -- into my soul! It was
like the opening credits for Hawaii Five-O, except cold water, dark
and no palm trees.

And you were the spitting image of Jack Lord!

Seeing as Jack Lord is quite dead, I'm not sure how much of a compliment
that was.

Yah, but I'm sure his hair is still immaculate.

-- Jay Beattie.

Seasons greetings Bod[_5_] UK 9 December 25th 16 11:25 AM
The seasons are changing. Joy Beeson General 8 December 20th 15 11:53 AM
Better than the Four Seasons Hotel? Mojo Recumbent Biking 0 December 5th 05 02:07 PM
SIgn of the Seasons Scott General 12 October 7th 04 07:57 PM
Changing seasons MattB Mountain Biking 10 November 11th 03 07:16 PM