tonite on adam corloa adam rides a uni!

Old November 3rd 05, 04:29 AM
unicyclistben

Default tonite on adam corloa adam rides a uni!

tonite on adam corloa adam rides a uni!
someo ne record this, i just saw the comecial!

--
unicyclistben
unicyclistben's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10897

Old November 3rd 05, 09:54 AM
john_childs

Yes, he did. He rode it down two stairs on the stage successfully.
Then he tried about 4 times to ride it down about a 2 foot drop from a
ledge at the back of the set. Didn't do so well then.

I have it on a DVD-VR disk. Unfortunately I managed to record it in a
mode that my PC won't read. And neither will any of my other DVD
players. I can play it in the DVR that recorded the disk, but nowhere
else. I'll be able to get the clip off the DVD and onto my computer,
but it will take some conflugerations on my part which will take some
time. I don't know when I'll get around to it.

If someone else has the show recorded and can make a clip of that
segment that would be cool. Otherwise I can do it but I don't think
I'll get to it for a week or two.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old November 3rd 05, 05:49 PM
johnfoss

I saw a glimpse of him on his unicycle in commercials for the show. It
looks like a Taiwan/China cheapie with the seat way too low. Vry cool
that he was trying to do "extreme" stuff on it. People didn't even
think of trying such things a few years ago...

--
johnfoss

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old November 4th 05, 12:48 AM
john_childs

I figured out how to get the video off the odd DVD. It's in my 'Monster
gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Monster).

Clip from the show Too Late With Adam Carolla that aired on November 2,
2005.
Adam Carolla rides a unicycle as part of the show.

Time: 5:20
Size: 24.3 MB
Format: MPEG-1

Old November 4th 05, 02:02 AM
DK

john_childs wrote:
I figured out how to get the video off the odd DVD. It's in my 'Monster
gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Monster).

Clip from the show Too Late With Adam Carolla that aired on November 2,
2005.
Adam Carolla rides a unicycle as part of the show.

Time: 5:20
Size: 24.3 MB
Format: MPEG-1

Theres no unicycle riding in that clip...

--
DK

*
the only key is knowing how to break the locks

*
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

Old November 4th 05, 02:14 AM
john_childs

DK wrote:
Theres no unicycle riding in that clip...

Did you watch it?
It starts off slow with a lot of talk (it is Too Late With Adam Carolla
after all). About 1:45 into the clip is when the actual unicycling
starts.

Old November 4th 05, 02:23 AM
trials_uni

sry john...the clip is only like 30 sec long....its just bam talkin
about a bar when he was 21

--
trials_uni

You can't get up and try it again if you don't fall first.
-Phil

Old November 4th 05, 02:52 AM
john_childs

trials_uni wrote:
sry john...the clip is only like 30 sec long....its just bam talkin
about a bar when he was 21

Hmmm...
I did a test download of the file before posting to make sure that the
upload was complete. It worked for me. Did you get the full 24.3 MB
file? Is it a playback problem where the video just stops and won't
proceed past a certain point?

If it's a playback problem I could try encoding it again with different
parameters.

The video works fine for me. The only issue is slow seeking if you try
to jump or fast forward. That's probably and issue with VBR (variable
bit rate) encoding. I could encode it with CBR (constant bit rate) if
it's causing playback problems for some people.

Old November 4th 05, 03:00 AM
Catboy

John, I too am having issues with the video.

About 2 seconds into it, the video stops and audio keeps going. The
video never restarts.

Maybe its a funkily encoded file dealy.

--
Catboy

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)
Gallery Updated: 10/17/05

*'UPD T-Shirts ON SALE NOW!!! (Click Me)'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43900)*

Old November 4th 05, 03:02 AM
abbabibble

i have it... its being downloaded... but its 24.3 or whatever megs...

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Mat.
SUPER AWEXOME SUPER-UNI SHIRTS! PREORDER YOURS TODAY!!!
http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44230
--"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751