Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

Old April 19th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Curtis L. Russell

Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On 19 Apr 2007 08:34:20 -0700, donquijote1954
wrote:

I guess we cyclists are too pacific for that (or just that we aren't
Republicans), but in light of all that violence out there, shouldn't
we rethink our strategy (everyone to himself) and get together to
launch a good nonviolent campaign?

I don't expect 'normal' from you, but don't you find this just a
little bit tasteless considering what just happened on the Virginia
Tech campus?

And using 'Republicans' must be your way to compensate for not being
able to actually make a complete, cogent thought on your own. I'm sure
there are some reflexive 'thinkers' such as yourself that will think
you made some point or another.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old April 19th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Brent P

In article , Just A User wrote:

Upon mentioning VA Tech, I have to put in my two cents, Cho was a wack
job, but personally I think the right to bear arm part of the
constitution needs to be re thought. In countries, such as the U.K.
where gun control laws are very strict, they don't have incidents like
those at the campus on Monday.

1) They do.
2) Crime is up, as citizens cannot defend themselves. The criminals if
they don't have guns just use other weapons.
3) The UK government is becoming more controling. Recent legislative
activity in the UK includes having government employees busting into
people's homes to take items equal in value to any fines (such as parking
tickets) owed to the government.

Gun bans increase crime by making working conditions safe for criminals.
Allowing people to carry guns decreases crime by making working
conditions unsafe for criminals.

In the same part of the country there was another school shooting prior
to this one, except in that case students went and got their guns from
their cars and ended it at 3 dead. Relying on the police to do something
hours later is folly and bans will never keep the guns out of the hands
of someone bent on doing something.

Old April 19th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
N8N

On Apr 19, 12:03 pm, wrote:
On 19 Apr 2007 08:34:20 -0700, donquijote1954

wrote:
Hey, we get screamed at, doored at, spitted upon, pushed around and
even killed, isn't it time we enjoy the same benefits as other
Americans? When is a cyclist going into a rage and mow down all those
careless SUV drivers who make us feel worthless?

Imagine this scenario: You get hit and as you roll down the pavement
you draw and...

I guess we cyclists are too pacific for that (or just that we aren't
Republicans), but in light of all that violence out there, shouldn't
we rethink our strategy (everyone to himself) and get together to
launch a good nonviolent campaign?

Here's a good identifying T-shirt...
http://www.cafepress.com/burncalories

Still Bush defends the right to bear arms

Still, it's the Constitution that affirms ( not 'gives' ) that
RIGHT, and he abides by the Constitution.

In this particular instance, yes. "unreasonable search and seizure"
not so much.

nate

Old April 19th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Curtis L. Russell

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:51:02 -0400, Just A User
wrote:

Upon mentioning VA Tech, I have to put in my two cents, Cho was a wack
job, but personally I think the right to bear arm part of the
constitution needs to be re thought. In countries, such as the U.K.
where gun control laws are very strict, they don't have incidents like
those at the campus on Monday.

Well, actually they do, but not in the quantity that the U.S. has, and
they seem to be somewhat less successful, even if the intent was
there. There have been incidents in Germany and Scotland and several
in Canada.

Starting this thread - often initiated by those who like to tell
everyone what they will do to this driver or another - is pretty much
stupid. Doing it today is what makes it tasteless to boot.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old April 19th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Road Glidin' Don[_2_]

On Apr 19, 9:34 am, donquijote1954
wrote:

Hey, we get screamed at, doored at,

Hopefully a door opener gets you some day, so we don't have to put up
with your retarded cross-posts anymore.

Old April 19th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Bob in CT[_2_]

wrote:

Hey, we get screamed at, doored at, spitted upon, pushed around and
even killed, isn't it time we enjoy the same benefits as other
Americans? When is a cyclist going into a rage and mow down all those
careless SUV drivers who make us feel worthless?

Imagine this scenario: You get hit and as you roll down the pavement
you draw and...

I guess we cyclists are too pacific for that (or just that we aren't
Republicans), but in light of all that violence out there, shouldn't
we rethink our strategy (everyone to himself) and get together to
launch a good nonviolent campaign?

Here's a good identifying T-shirt...
http://www.cafepress.com/burncalories

Still Bush defends the right to bear arms

Still, it's the Constitution that affirms ( not 'gives' ) that
RIGHT, and he abides by the Constitution.

EVEN as President George Bush told the nation he was praying for the
victims, and that the killings in a place of learning would affect
"every American classroom and community", a White House official said
Mr Bush continued to believe in the "right to bear arms".

Excellent ! He supports the Constitution and fundamental
rights now matter HOW much the left-wing nutters would like to ignore
those things in their never ending drive to engineer a society more to
their own liking !

Bush supports the Constitution? That's news! I mean signing statements
are, after all, the ultimate support of the Constitution. And, who needs
the Judicial system? Why get a warrant -- just listen in. And all those
people who disagree with you? Well, they're un-American commie *******s.
Support a stronger executive branch! Bush doesn't need the other
branches, because He knows better!

--
Bob in CT
Old April 19th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Brent P

In article . com, N8N wrote:
On Apr 19, 12:03 pm, wrote:

Still Bush defends the right to bear arms

Still, it's the Constitution that affirms ( not 'gives' ) that
RIGHT, and he abides by the Constitution.

In this particular instance, yes. "unreasonable search and seizure"
not so much.

Bush Jr. is another gun grabber, fully willing to sign another assault
weapons ban should it reach his desk. The BATF under shrub has been
greatly expanded and has been rather busy using existing law to stomp on
people.

One case in particular was a manufacturer of raw castings that people
could then make into finished firearms... provided they had access to a
milling machine... this was entirely legal, but the company's owner was
still stomped on.

Old April 19th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Olebiker

On Apr 19, 12:52 pm, (Brent P)
wrote:
1) They do.
2) Crime is up, as citizens cannot defend themselves. The criminals if
they don't have guns just use other weapons.
3) The UK government is becoming more controling. Recent legislative
activity in the UK includes having government employees busting into
people's homes to take items equal in value to any fines (such as parking
tickets) owed to the government.

I rather appreciate a comment often attributed to Benjamin Franklin:
"He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves
neither liberty nor security"

Old April 19th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Brent P

In article , BiffB wrote:

The U.K. also has surviellance cameras every 15 feet. Would you be
willing to live in an Orwellian world for a false sense of security?

Cameras that mysterously malfunction when the government is running an op
of some sort or the cops did something wrong.

Old April 19th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Beav

ups.com...

What, like learning to ****ing write?

When is a cyclist going into a rage and mow down all those
careless SUV drivers who make us feel worthless?

I don't know, when IS a cyclist going into a rage?

Imagine this scenario: You get hit and as you roll down the pavement
you draw and...

I guess we cyclists are too pacific for that

You're swimming in deep waters there buddy.

Yeah, just shoot every **** you see, to be on the safe side.

--
Beav

VN 750
Zed 1000
OMF# 19

Should Cyclists Pack Guns? donquijote1954 General 465 May 7th 07 03:25 PM
Car Hits Pack of Cyclists in St. Pete Rodney Kuehl Recumbent Biking 40 February 24th 07 02:20 AM
Back pack for cyclists scouselad General 18 June 28th 05 01:39 PM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 9 October 7th 04 01:21 AM
" 400mph cyclists kill opponents with handlebar-mounted guns " Gawnsoft UK 4 March 11th 04 12:56 AM