Adam Ant

Old November 2nd 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Adam Ant

You know, Adam Myerson used to post here quite a bit. He had dreams of
becoming a GREAT cyclocross rider and he always came up just a little short.
I have the two DVD's that sort of starred him and I would buy a new one in a
minute.

But you really have to give the guy credit. He went from trying to be a star
to simply loving cyclocross and if it wasn't for people like him who are the
almost stars of cyclocross it just wouldn't be the sport that it is.

I think I'll go open a beer and toast Adam. Here's looking at you Bud (well
Sierra Nevada anyway).

Old November 2nd 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Nov 1, 9:05 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
You know, Adam Myerson used to post here quite a bit. He had dreams of
becoming a GREAT cyclocross rider and he always came up just a little short.
I have the two DVD's that sort of starred him and I would buy a new one in a
minute.

But you really have to give the guy credit. He went from trying to be a star
to simply loving cyclocross and if it wasn't for people like him who are the
almost stars of cyclocross it just wouldn't be the sport that it is.

I think I'll go open a beer and toast Adam. Here's looking at you Bud (well
Sierra Nevada anyway).

I'm pretty sure he still lurks, but if not I'll pass it on this
Sunday. I'm biased, but the list of people he's coached and worked
with, and their results, especially in Cross speak for themselves.
He's having agreat year, and even if he'll never make excuses for his
performance I will. For quite a while he was juggling racing,
coaching, leading a club, promoting and organizing a ton of races,
while trying to have a life too, all at once. On top of that I'll
guarantee he's NEVER doped. There's noone else I'd say that for. His
principles probably cost him that greatness, but that's what makes him
the person he is.
Lots of people talk ****. Adam says what he means, and then does it,
even if it costs him. I can't count the times he's passed up personal
gain for his principles and the benefit of the sport as a whole.
Count me in the fan club.
Bill C

Old November 2nd 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
psycholist

Wasn't it Adam who got punched in the head by some guy after a race and had
a serious skull/brain injury a few years back? If not him, who am I
thinking of?

Old November 2nd 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Nov 2, 6:08 pm, "psycholist" wrote:
Wasn't it Adam who got punched in the head by some guy after a race and had
a serious skull/brain injury a few years back? If not him, who am I
thinking of?

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in ...

You know, Adam Myerson used to post here quite a bit. He had dreams of
becoming a GREAT cyclocross rider and he always came up just a little
short. I have the two DVD's that sort of starred him and I would buy a new
one in a minute.

But you really have to give the guy credit. He went from trying to be a
star to simply loving cyclocross and if it wasn't for people like him who
are the almost stars of cyclocross it just wouldn't be the sport that it
is.

I think I'll go open a beer and toast Adam. Here's looking at you Bud
(well Sierra Nevada anyway).- Hide quoted text -

Yeah that was Adam. He's not exactly the fighter type, at least
physically.
Bill C

Old November 5th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Nov 2, 3:55 pm, Bill C wrote:
[...]

Hey Bill, what ever became of Mercer? Does he still race or did that
anger management course take the starch out of him?