Outlaw Bicycles - problems anyone?

Old March 12th 04, 09:16 PM
docernie

Default Outlaw Bicycles - problems anyone?

Just curious, but I thought I would check to see if anyone else has ha
recent problems with Outlaw Bicycles from Danbury, CT. Rich at Outla
has posted several messages to this forum and has sold goods here a
well. Recently, in February, I ordered some merchandise from them, whic
has never come in, and now their website seems to be down - and Rich i
failing to respond to my messages. Sadly this looks like a scam
although they allegedly have been in business for years. Anyone els
experiencing problems with them as well? Thanks for your feedback

-

Old March 12th 04, 10:07 PM
JimLane

docernie wrote:

Just curious, but I thought I would check to see if anyone else has had
recent problems with Outlaw Bicycles from Danbury, CT. Rich at Outlaw
has posted several messages to this forum and has sold goods here as
well. Recently, in February, I ordered some merchandise from them, which
has never come in, and now their website seems to be down - and Rich is

--

Contact the local BBB. If they have no information, you could contact
the state's business fraud division or local authorities.

The website has been down for quite some time.

jim
Old March 13th 04, 03:08 PM
nojman

JimLane wrote in message ...
docernie wrote:

Just curious, but I thought I would check to see if anyone else has had
recent problems with Outlaw Bicycles from Danbury, CT. Rich at Outlaw
has posted several messages to this forum and has sold goods here as
well. Recently, in February, I ordered some merchandise from them, which
has never come in, and now their website seems to be down - and Rich is
failing to respond to my messages. Sadly this looks like a scam,
although they allegedly have been in business for years. Anyone else
experiencing problems with them as well? Thanks for your feedback.

--

Contact the local BBB. If they have no information, you could contact
the state's business fraud division or local authorities.

The website has been down for quite some time.

jim

I purchased a chorus 10 speed grouppo from Outlaw and Rich about a
year ago. It seems that he was slow to repond to emails but I called
on the phone and he answered all my questions and shipped the within a
day of my placing the order.
I was please with the service, advice, and product.

Jon
Old March 13th 04, 05:41 PM
VCopelan

JimLane wrote in message

Just curious, but I thought I would check to see if anyone else has had
recent problems with Outlaw Bicycles from Danbury, CT. Rich at Outlaw
has posted several messages to this forum and has sold goods here as
well. Recently, in February, I ordered some merchandise from them, which
has never come in, and now their website seems to be down - and Rich is
failing to respond to my messages. Sadly this looks like a scam,
although they allegedly have been in business for years. Anyone else
experiencing problems with them as well? Thanks for your feedback.

A couple of months ago I purchased a Campy Record front hub from Rich at Outlaw
Bicycles. He had posted it on this newsgroup as new with skewer w/o box. Rich
was somewhat slow to respond but did finally send it out. The hub was fine but
the skewer was from a Chorus gruppo. After exchanging a couple of e-mails, I
suggested that Rich just sell me a set of cleats at is cost and we would be
even. He agreed that would work for him as he couldn't get me a Record skewer.
Then he stopped responding to any further e-mails. Draw your own conclusions.
Honest? Yes, but also a flake.