Bloodbath and a Cleansing

Old June 16th 10, 08:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

Default Bloodbath and a Cleansing

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...spread-reforms

And really, is Armstrong a vindictive person? ;-)
Old June 16th 10, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Jun 16, 12:29*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...spread-reforms

And really, is Armstrong a vindictive person? *;-)

IMO, LemonD is living in a dream world where he believes that such a
"cleansing" would result in cycling becoming a "clean sport". Nothing
could be further from the truth. Undetectable methods that result in
significant performance advantages have existed in the past, exist
today, and there is every indication they will exist in the future,
and will likely become more effective. Athletes have shown time and
again that when confronted with this reality, many will choose to use
such methods, and will rationalize their use regardless of any moral
or legal pressures exerted. It's also likely that such a "cleansing"
will increase the flight of sponsors from pro cycling, and that those
athletes that remain will likely still include a significant fraction
that will continue to successfully use doping methods without
detection.

Brad Anders
Old June 16th 10, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred on a stick

Brad Anders wrote:

IMO, LemonD is living in a dream world where he believes that such a
"cleansing" would result in cycling becoming a "clean sport".

Dumbass,

He's living in a dream world where he holds the record for the greatest
number of TdF wins.

Old June 16th 10, 11:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Jun 16, 1:10*pm, "Fred on a stick"
wrote:
Brad Anders wrote:

IMO, LemonD is living in a dream world where he believes that such a
"cleansing" would result in cycling becoming a "clean sport".

Dumbass,

He's living in a dream world where he holds the record for the greatest
number of TdF wins.

I raced as a kid back in the early '70's, at a time when even the idea
that a US cyclist could be successful at all in Europe as a pro was
considered to be ridiculous. Guys we had who were amazing US riders
like John Howard, Allis, Hiltner, etc. all had only the most limited
success. In the late '70's a new breed of riders like Lemond, Boyer,
and Mount emerged, who began to make an impression on the scene, and
in Lemond's case, rose to the top.

Lemond comes from my era, and I wonder if that's part of what drives
his mentality. I suspect that he thought that his 3 TdF wins would
never be equaled by another US cyclist for another 25 years. When
Armstrong came along and not only won the TdF, but blew away all the
TdF records by winning 7 straight, that must have been a bitter pill
to swallow. Add in that after winning 3 TdF's, the only thing Lemond
seemed to get was a Taco Bell commercial, seeing Armstrong rise to
such popularity outside of cycling made it even worse. It's clear that
Lemond has always craved acceptance and praise from the public.

Finally, for Lemond to believe that all of his accomplishments were
eclipsed by a guy who he sincerely considers to be the biggest doper
of all time, the current situation must be completely unacceptable.
Given all of these factors, it's not to hard to understand the root of
his obsession.

Brad anders
Old June 16th 10, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred on a stick

Brad Anders wrote:

Given all of these factors, it's not to hard to understand the root of
his obsession.

Dumbass,

You've explained why he's a bitter man. You haven't explained why he's a
jerk. Speaking of guys who are delusional and think their actions are
reasonable in the face of terrible injustice, do you recall Ted Streleski?

Old June 17th 10, 01:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Jun 16, 3:47*pm, "Fred on a stick"
wrote:
Brad Anders wrote:
Given all of these factors, it's not to hard to understand the root of
his obsession.

Dumbass,

You've explained why he's a bitter man. You haven't explained why he's a
jerk. Speaking of guys who are delusional and think their actions are
reasonable in the face of terrible injustice, do you recall Ted Streleski?

I think you mean Ted Kaczynski.

Brad Anders
Old June 17th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

wrote:
Brad Anders wrote:
Given all of these factors, it's not to hard to understand the root of
his obsession.

Dumbass,

You've explained why he's a bitter man. You haven't explained why he's a
jerk. Speaking of guys who are delusional and think their actions are
reasonable in the face of terrible injustice, do you recall Ted Streleski?

I think you mean Ted Kaczynski.

Oh, you did mean Ted Streleski, I forgot all about him!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Streleski

I guess either Ted would apply....

Brad
Old June 17th 10, 02:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

wrote:
Brad Anders wrote:

[...]

I remember that Taco Bell commerical, I saw it only once, although I'm not
sure how long it ran. Basically it was short with Greg riding his bike
balancing a Taco Bell combo box on the top of his handlebars.

Old June 17th 10, 02:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jun 16, 2:29*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...spread-reforms

And really, is Armstrong a vindictive person? *;-)

Nothing, compared to Lemond.

"He who fits the doper profile". Meaning, even a bigger scammer than
he says Lance Armstrong is?
--D-y
Old June 17th 10, 03:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dear Crabby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oon45kkLzsQ