Alternatives to GAzz

Old March 17th 05, 08:14 AM
teachndad

Default Alternatives to GAzz

Since the Gazz seems destined for the MUni Hall of Fame, then lets set
up a list of alternatives for future reference.

List here the alternatives for a Gazz size 24" x 3.0 tire.

UDC carries these as seen 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/6vf8v)

1. 'Duro Wildlife Leopard'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=561) - still available
at Unicycle.com
this tire has been discontinued and UDC and Bedford Unicycles still
carry it.

2. 'Arrow Racing Wide Bite' (http://tinyurl.com/3omrf) - The model that
UDC carries is a different tire than the one now made by Arrow Racing.
I talked with Arrow racing on Monday and the tires they offer in this
size have all been redesigned. Check their 'website'
(http://www.arrowracing.com/tires/)

3.'The Kujo' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=734)

I know there are others out there. Feel free to share riding
impressions and where you can get them.

--
teachndad - One for the...Off Road

Rod Wylie

'MountainUnicyclingLA.com' (http://www.mountainunicycling.us)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images' (http://tinyurl.com/4otql)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Descriptions'
(http://tinyurl.com/6h8zn)

teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

Old March 17th 05, 09:10 AM
Klaas Bil

teachndad wrote:
*1. 'Duro Wildlife Leopard'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=561) - still
available at Unicycle.com
this tire has been discontinued*

What? Has that tyre been discontinued as well? Shocking! That was/is the
most direct competitor to the Gazz 24 x 3, I think. Is it also
discontinued in its guise as Halo Contra Identiti?

Klaas Bil

--
Klaas Bil - Sir Prince of Newsgroupia
Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

Old March 17th 05, 09:14 AM
jagur

super fatt tyes are the scurge of balance and must be quelled.

--
jagur - Sealed in Carbonite

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old March 17th 05, 09:55 AM
nickjb

I've got a Halo Contra on mine. It came on my UDC max traction from UDC
UK.

As I've not really ridden many other 24x3 tyres that much then I can't
really comment on how it compares. It does roll over things so well.
Very impressed with it.

http://tinyurl.com/m0s2

--
nickjb - I've lost a wheel (apparently)
nickjb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1074

Old March 17th 05, 10:48 AM
joemarshall

Gazz 26" x 2.6", for extra air off jumps and higher speed on the trails.
Okay you need to upgrade your rim, spokes etc. but 26" tyres are much
easier to get and less likely to be discontinued.

Joe

--
joemarshall - dumb blonde

Old March 17th 05, 11:29 AM
smdO2

There is a list of ty/ires on 'http://wobbling.unicyclist.com'
(http://wobbling.unicyclist.com/Components/Tyres24.html), it is a bit
dated and dont know if they all exist still.

--
smdO2 - Only One But Fun
smdO2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7369

Old March 17th 05, 12:20 PM
zod

I great alternative to the Gazz3.0 if you really love the Gazzi's is
simply to go with a Gazz 24x2.6..........I promise you won't notice the
difference (other than shedding some weight).

--
zod - Southern Fried mUni

"We say grace and we say ma'am, if you aint into that we don't give a
damn"
zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

Old March 17th 05, 04:10 PM
Darren

No need to use something else...
Go for the biggest and best, the 24x3 Gazz !!!

Bedford Unicycles has stock on them...
but might not for long. Get yours today !

Darren

www.bedfordunicycles.ca
416-729-9696

Order now and pick-up in Ohio at NAUCC if you
are not in a rush to get it. No shipping that way.

--
Darren - Bedford Unicycles
Darren's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3989

Old March 17th 05, 10:10 PM
markf

i disagree that you won't notice the 24x2.6 difference. i ride that and
i notice a huge difference when i step up to a 24x3. much more
cushioning on landings, better spring on hops, slightly better traction
basically everywhere. it's a good alternative, but it isn't the same.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old March 17th 05, 10:20 PM
James_Potter

what's going to be on the MUni's from unicycledotcom that originally
came with the Gazza as the stock tire?

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!