Worst series of UPD's

Old August 26th 05, 05:50 AM
halfbike

Default Worst series of UPD's

Ok guys, tonight I was riding home from my friends house going about 18
on my coker and I totaly biffed it. My arm is really rode burst, and I
broke my toe. So I got back on and then shoe lase wrapped around the
crank and I fell on my face again. Then I got back on and my pedel fell
off and fell on my face yet again. Man, I had bad luck tonight.
Anybody else had a series of back UPD's?

--
halfbike - Obsessed Rider

Your mom goes to college...
halfbike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9428

Old August 26th 05, 06:59 AM
cegli

Not so bad as that, that is some pretty sucky luck.

Yesterday I went on a pretty long muni ride and I had a small stretch
where I completely crashed about three times in a row. The first one I
rolled out of, which wasn't too bad. The next one I completely crashed
onto my face, and down a hill, but was stopped by a rhododendron bush,
which was actually very nice. Its many branches sorta absorbed me like
shocks. The last one I fell face first but slowed myself with my
hands.

I now will use a helmet when Muning.

Good luck with your toe!

--
cegli - Slowly Getting Better (Sorta)

I like to unicycle.
cegli's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10585

Old August 27th 05, 12:16 PM
David_Stone

halfbike wrote:
* and then my shoe lases wrapped around my crank and I fell on my face
again. ...
Man, I had bad luck tonight. Has anybody else had a series of bad
UPD's like this? *

You make your own luck sometimes. Cokers and shoe laces do not mix. I
learned that the easy way: My lace got caught just as I was starting a
long ride on pavement, but it broke. I then wrote a long diatribe
against Cokering with shoe laces. Live and learn (and make other
people's mistakes).

cegli wrote:
* I now will use a helmet when Muning. *

I bet that even Halfbike knew to wear a helmet while Cokering at speeds
he could barely outrun (please tell me that's true, HB).

Honestly, doesn't everyone know to wear pads and a helmet when muni'ing?
Well, you do now, but I mean...wouldn't that have made sense ahead of
time? I really don't want to read about someone becoming the world's
first person to die while unicycling, but I think the day is coming.

Good luck, and ride (more) carefully.

--
David_Stone

Dictator for Life,
NYUC
David_Stone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3834

Old August 27th 05, 02:10 PM
Mikefule

Egad! Or possibly, zounds! Sounds like a nasty series of falls.

My worst UPD was when I did my chin. I rode the Muni down a small
natural rock step, mistimed it and the wheel bounced. I was catapulted
into the air and flew like a high diver, landing chin first on a rock,
several feet away. As Spike Milligan would have said, fortunately, the
ground broke my fall. I honestly thought I'd broken my jaw. I lay
stunned , face down in the snow, watching the blood spread around me. I
lost half a tooth and needed 7 stitches in my chin - after ridng back to
the car and driving 20+ miles to hospital, holding all the bits in place
with my hand.

I now wear a full face helmet for most MUni riding.

I remember when my friend's horse bolted - his first action was to shut
the stable door.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

Not happy he who thinks himself not so.

Old August 27th 05, 05:49 PM
unick 8133

I guess i'm quite a wimp compared to you people, but i have a 26" that i
use to get around and I never go faster than i can run, so I can stay on
my feet if i fall. So far I've managed to stay on my feet in falls all
but one time, when I hit a huge bump that i wasn't expecting.

--
unick 8133 - i'm NOT the 3rd sex!uni+nick=unick!

unick 8133's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10398

Old August 27th 05, 09:02 PM
chosen

I've never had any bad luck like that. At least not at all back to back.
I have had a really bad fall where I fell off my giraffe on my knee
about a yr ago. It really sucked bad.

--
chosen - For The Cause

"In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail."-Vincent T. Lombardi-
chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281

Old August 27th 05, 09:32 PM
halfbike

Yeah, i didn't even know luck like that was possible. The funny thing
is, my friends dad offered me a ride home and I said no. I could have
avoided the whole thing.

Old August 28th 05, 05:43 AM
liltut

I was coming home from a video rental store yesterday, and there is this
pacth of sidewalk that is like a trial ride warm-up. Not to difficult,
so i decided to have some fun. I UPD'd very swiftly. Not fun.so i hop
up, grab the uni and try again. no less than 5 ft later, i enter uneven
terain i wasnt expecting, and catapulted into a combat roll. When i
finaly got home, i discoverd i still had my MP3 player in my
bookbag.Thank god it wasnt broken.

--
liltut
liltut's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10321