supergo

Old September 5th 04, 01:49 AM
dreaded

Default supergo

I cleaned my chain yesterday and then mis threaded it through the RD. riding
today every time i stepped on it the chain would slip over the rear
chainring. lacking a chain tool looking for a bike shop finding the repair
shop closed (for good). i had to go to the new "supergo" shop. they refused
to loan me their chain tool "i'm not allowed to do that" he said, so i had
to buy one and fix it in the dust outsode the shop. i would like to
discourage others from going there.
- alan

"""""
x x

(~)

Old September 5th 04, 02:13 AM
Raoul Duke

"dreaded" wrote in message

I cleaned my chain yesterday and then mis threaded it through the RD.

riding
today every time i stepped on it the chain would slip over the rear
chainring. lacking a chain tool looking for a bike shop finding the repair
shop closed (for good). i had to go to the new "supergo" shop. they

refused
to loan me their chain tool "i'm not allowed to do that" he said, so i had
to buy one and fix it in the dust outsode the shop. i would like to
discourage others from going there.
- alan

Why were you surprised? Would you go to Barnes and Noble and ask to borrow
a book? They're not a library and neither is Supergo.

Dave

Old September 5th 04, 02:26 AM
dreaded

"Raoul Duke" wrote in message

"dreaded" wrote in message

I cleaned my chain yesterday and then mis threaded it through the RD.

riding
today every time i stepped on it the chain would slip over the rear
chainring. lacking a chain tool looking for a bike shop finding the

repair
shop closed (for good). i had to go to the new "supergo" shop. they

refused
to loan me their chain tool "i'm not allowed to do that" he said, so i

had
to buy one and fix it in the dust outsode the shop. i would like to
discourage others from going there.
- alan

Why were you surprised? Would you go to Barnes and Noble and ask to

borrow
a book? They're not a library and neither is Supergo.

Dave

hey i'd never been there and my usual LBS wouldn't hesitate (and i buy lotsa
**** from them!).
BTW, in barbes & noble they have nice comfy couches to sit and read anything
on their shelves and you can even get coffee!
-Dr. Gonzo

Old September 5th 04, 02:42 AM
Badger_South

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 18:26:37 -0700, "dreaded" wrote:

"Raoul Duke" wrote in message

"dreaded" wrote in message

[...]

The thing to do is go back there and ask the manager or owner about that
policy. It's hard to fault the poor mechanic - maybe he'd just gotten in
trouble for doing it. Most bikers will bend over backwards to help other
bikers, ime.

-B

Old September 5th 04, 02:50 AM
Raoul Duke

"dreaded" wrote in message

hey i'd never been there and my usual LBS wouldn't hesitate (and i buy

lotsa
**** from them!).

Well maybe after you've been there a few times and bought some stuff they
might relax the rules a bit. But big outfits usually have more strict
policies for this kind of stuff.

BTW, in barbes & noble they have nice comfy couches to sit and read

anything
on their shelves and you can even get coffee!

Yeah, for four bucks a cup. 8-)

Dave

Old September 5th 04, 02:54 AM
kgatwork

dreaded Wrote:
I cleaned my chain yesterday and then mis threaded it through the RD
riding
today every time i stepped on it the chain would slip over the rear
chainring. lacking a chain tool looking for a bike shop finding th
repair
shop closed (for good). i had to go to the new "supergo" shop. the
refused
to loan me their chain tool "i'm not allowed to do that" he said, so
had
to buy one and fix it in the dust outsode the shop. i would like to
discourage others from going there.
- alan

"""""
x x

(~)

Why didn't you just remove the RD pulleys and re-thread the chain

--
kgatwork