Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) at all.

Old July 22nd 18, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) atall.

On 21/07/18 14:04, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:21:00 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

We are all waiting for you to cite such a case.
Do you have one or are you mature enough to admit you are wrong?

Not a chance. He's too busy scanning hundreds of news sites for his next
link proving how evil cyclists are to respond to anything here.

I believe the fridge freezer thing was put forward by another troll in a
jibe about home contents insurance. Somehow it's got stuck into various
dementia riddled brains that it was a cyclist that said it.
Old July 22nd 18, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 2:51:57 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/07/18 14:04, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:21:00 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

We are all waiting for you to cite such a case.
Do you have one or are you mature enough to admit you are wrong?

Not a chance. He's too busy scanning hundreds of news sites for his next
link proving how evil cyclists are to respond to anything here.

I believe the fridge freezer thing was put forward by another troll in a
jibe about home contents insurance. Somehow it's got stuck into various
dementia riddled brains that it was a cyclist that said it.

Yes, I know it was.
Because the bigots could not accept the fact that most home insurance contains a public liability clause covering the policy holder against all liabilities with a few exceptions. One of those being the use of MOTOR vehicles.
Old July 22nd 18, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 22/07/18 21:59, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

Without checking I think the wording is just "vehicle use". (Then comes
the usual newsnet argument about the definition of a vehicle.) Needless
to say the ones of little brain can't find the section of the document
where the insurer gives us *their* definition of a vehicle.
Old July 23rd 18, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 10:56:04 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

Not Mine
All legal liabilities anywhere in the world.
Except motor and electric vehicles, with an exception to the exception of electrically powered bicycles.

Bit of a downer for those gleefully anticipating compulsory insurance for electric bicycles because I already have it and I doubt Nationwide's policy is unique in this.

Old July 23rd 18, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:49:15 AM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

Curiously the fridge freezer section only mentions food, not bicycles.

Another bit of bad news for Cheerless and one that will make him impotent for weeks no matter how many stories about cyclists he manages to find.
Old July 23rd 18, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 23/07/18 09:56, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:49:15 AM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 10:56:04 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

Without checking I think the wording is just "vehicle use". (Then
comes the usual newsnet argument about the definition of a
vehicle.) Needless to say the ones of little brain can't find the
section of the document where the insurer gives us *their*
definition of a vehicle.

I meant, obviously, I think the wording [for the PL exception] is just
"vehicle use".

Not Mine All legal liabilities anywhere in the world. Except motor
and electric vehicles, with an exception to the exception of
electrically powered bicycles.

Bit of a downer for those gleefully anticipating compulsory
insurance for electric bicycles because I already have it and I
doubt Nationwide's policy is unique in this.

Perhaps it's changed since I last looked. The Nationwide is a reseller
so all policies from the same wholesaler are probably the same.

Curiously the fridge freezer section only mentions food, not
bicycles.

No way!