Mattias Kessler of TMobile riding a Pinarello in this year's Tour?

Old August 18th 05, 05:13 AM
lewdvig

Default Mattias Kessler of TMobile riding a Pinarello in this year's Tour?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...etry/bio_Daten

Neat. I would too. Looks like a Dogma or Prince SL.
Old August 18th 05, 01:14 PM

lewdvig wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...etry/bio_Daten

Neat. I would too. Looks like a Dogma or Prince SL.

I read somewhere that Eric Zabel, who has certainly had much success
riding Pinarellos, was also quite unhappy with the (new sponsor) Giant
bikes.

Old August 18th 05, 02:47 PM
Andrew Karre

That's clearly not the 2005 Tour, despite the graphics. The photo is
backward, oddly. It's a Team Telekom kit (03 at the latest), a
Pinarello with Campy, and he ain't wearin' a helmet. Old photo.

No way Giant would let TMo run a Pinarello in the Tour without making
it look a lot like a Giant.

Andrew

Old August 18th 05, 03:23 PM
Diablo Scott

Andrew Karre wrote:
That's clearly not the 2005 Tour, despite the graphics. The photo is
backward, oddly. It's a Team Telekom kit (03 at the latest), a
Pinarello with Campy, and he ain't wearin' a helmet. Old photo.

No way Giant would let TMo run a Pinarello in the Tour without making
it look a lot like a Giant.

Andrew

Proof Andrew's right - he's wearing #33 in that photo - he was wearing
#13 in 2005 TdF.

Anyway, odd photo on CN's part
Old August 18th 05, 04:01 PM

lewdvig wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...etry/bio_Daten

Neat. I would too. Looks like a Dogma or Prince SL.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...005-guerini-20

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...9/S-GUERINI003

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...id=tour0518/14

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...id=tour0518/39

Some pictures from Cycling News on the 2005 Tour. Guerrini and
Ullrich. T-Mobile changed from the pink and black color combination to
pink and white in 2004 I think. The year they changed their official
name from Deutsch Telekom to T-Mobile and the year Ullrich returned.
As already mentioned, the numbers in the photo mentioned by the
original post are not correct. The main contender on a team gets "1".
Armstrong was 1. Ullrich was 11. Basso was 21. The first digit of
the number, excluding the prior year winner's team, is the team ranking
from the prior year. In 2004 T-Mobile team was number 1. Then Postal
was number 2. Then CSC was number 3. Thus Ullrich was 11 and Basso
was 21 in the 2005 Tour.