A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

The new normal

Old March 31st 20, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default The new normal

It’s good to see that everybody has adjusted to their new COVID-19 reality
(whatever it is for each of us), and we can now get back to discussing
important technical matters like “Can you really bang your head on a tree
branch while riding alongside a road?” and “What is the purpose of
government?”

Rather refreshing, I think...
Ads
Old March 31st 20, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster

Default The new normal

On 3/31/2020 3:29 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:
government?”
What is the purpose of government?”

"Can you really bang your head on a tree
branch " ?

Steel bike frame? Carbon?

"What is the purpose of government?"

To make your Di2 work, of course.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Old March 31st 20, 11:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default The new normal

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 9:49:51 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/31/2020 3:29 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:
branch while riding alongside a road?†and “What is the purpose of
government?â€
What is the purpose of government?â€

"Can you really bang your head on a tree
branch " ?

Steel bike frame? Carbon?

"What is the purpose of government?"

To make your Di2 work, of course.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

On the contrary, as the owner of the most complicated Di2 system on this board (possibly after Tom's) I hold that a swift kick is the goolies of the Di2 is far superior to thunking it with a tree branch.

Andre Jute
Experienced
Old March 31st 20, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default The new normal

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 10:29:05 PM UTC+2, Ralph Barone wrote:
government?”

Besides keeping a low profile and a lot of riding alone the last week I was busy handling the **** up of my dealer. I ordered a gravel bike the first week of December 2019. The expected delivery time was 2-3 months so after 2 months I made some inquiries about the state of affairs. I got some vage answer about a delay, so I waited another month and asked again. Another vage answer or no answer at all, so in the end I got ****ed and suspicious. Then the boss called to humbly explain that they ****ed up. They left the order in the ToDo bin for 3 months and placed the order only at the beginning of this month (March) and expected the frame first week of May. F*ck, the sale guy (son of the boss) knew he ****ed up and lied to me in several emails. Then the Corona crisis also reached the US or they start taking it serious and Moots had to shut down their facility until april 12 on the Governors order and probably for longer so no frame the first week of May that became clear. Two days ago I got an Email from Moots that they were selling their showroom bikes and frames. I looked at them and there was a complete bike for sale with the correct frame size. GRX Di2 1x11 instead of my wanted Ultegra Di2 2x11 and different wheels of course. I can live with that if the dealer converts it to GRX Di2 2x11 speed and swap the handlebar. The rest are all quality components and on par with my first choice. So this bike was ordered and today I got the Email that the bike is going to be shipped. They still allowed to do that. Phewww....fingers crossed. Should arrive some 10 days from now.

Lou
Old April 1st 20, 12:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

Default The new normal

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 3:57:18 PM UTC-7, wrote:
government?”

Besides keeping a low profile and a lot of riding alone the last week I was busy handling the **** up of my dealer. I ordered a gravel bike the first week of December 2019. The expected delivery time was 2-3 months so after 2 months I made some inquiries about the state of affairs. I got some vage answer about a delay, so I waited another month and asked again. Another vage answer or no answer at all, so in the end I got ****ed and suspicious. Then the boss called to humbly explain that they ****ed up. They left the order in the ToDo bin for 3 months and placed the order only at the beginning of this month (March) and expected the frame first week of May. F*ck, the sale guy (son of the boss) knew he ****ed up and lied to me in several emails. Then the Corona crisis also reached the US or they start taking it serious and Moots had to shut down their facility until april 12 on the Governors order and probably for longer so no frame the first week of May that became clear. Two days ago I got an Email from Moots that they were selling their showroom bikes and frames. I looked at them and there was a complete bike for sale with the correct frame size. GRX Di2 1x11 instead of my wanted Ultegra Di2 2x11 and different wheels of course. I can live with that if the dealer converts it to GRX Di2 2x11 speed and swap the handlebar. The rest are all quality components and on par with my first choice. So this bike was ordered and today I got the Email that the bike is going to be shipped.. They still allowed to do that. Phewww....fingers crossed. Should arrive some 10 days from now.

Dear Mr. Lou, I own small company in a backward nation, and my native workers now have plague, so they will not work hard for me, or they die. I sorry for so much time to have gone by for your bicycle, but you will like it very much. Thank you and the people of your great country, The Holland. We will cherish your money for long time.

-- Mr. Moots.

Old April 1st 20, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default The new normal

On 3/31/2020 6:57 PM, wrote:

government?”

Besides keeping a low profile and a lot of riding alone the last week I was busy handling the **** up of my dealer. I ordered a gravel bike the first week of December 2019. The expected delivery time was 2-3 months so after 2 months I made some inquiries about the state of affairs. I got some vage answer about a delay, so I waited another month and asked again. Another vage answer or no answer at all, so in the end I got ****ed and suspicious. Then the boss called to humbly explain that they ****ed up. They left the order in the ToDo bin for 3 months and placed the order only at the beginning of this month (March) and expected the frame first week of May. F*ck, the sale guy (son of the boss) knew he ****ed up and lied to me in several emails. Then the Corona crisis also reached the US or they start taking it serious and Moots had to shut down their facility until april 12 on the Governors order and probably for longer so no frame the first week of May that became clear. Two days ago I got an Email from Moots that they were selling their showroom bikes and frames. I looked at them and there was a complete bike for sale with the correct frame size. GRX Di2 1x11 instead of my wanted Ultegra Di2 2x11 and different wheels of course. I can live with that if the dealer converts it to GRX Di2 2x11 speed and swap the handlebar. The rest are all quality components and on par with my first choice. So this bike was ordered and today I got the Email that the bike is going to be shipped. They still allowed to do that. Phewww....fingers crossed. Should arrive some 10 days from now.

Wow. That's got to be frustrating. Um... wipe it down well when it arrives!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 1st 20, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default The new normal

On 3/31/2020 4:29 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:
government?”

Happy to help! ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 1st 20, 07:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default The new normal

On 31/03/2020 22:29, Ralph Barone wrote:
government?”

Is it true helmets protect you from COVID-19?

Old April 1st 20, 08:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default The new normal

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 1:24:36 AM UTC+2, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 3:57:18 PM UTC-7, wrote:
government?”

Besides keeping a low profile and a lot of riding alone the last week I was busy handling the **** up of my dealer. I ordered a gravel bike the first week of December 2019. The expected delivery time was 2-3 months so after 2 months I made some inquiries about the state of affairs. I got some vage answer about a delay, so I waited another month and asked again. Another vage answer or no answer at all, so in the end I got ****ed and suspicious.. Then the boss called to humbly explain that they ****ed up. They left the order in the ToDo bin for 3 months and placed the order only at the beginning of this month (March) and expected the frame first week of May. F*ck, the sale guy (son of the boss) knew he ****ed up and lied to me in several emails. Then the Corona crisis also reached the US or they start taking it serious and Moots had to shut down their facility until april 12 on the Governors order and probably for longer so no frame the first week of May that became clear. Two days ago I got an Email from Moots that they were selling their showroom bikes and frames. I looked at them and there was a complete bike for sale with the correct frame size. GRX Di2 1x11 instead of my wanted Ultegra Di2 2x11 and different wheels of course. I can live with that if the dealer converts it to GRX Di2 2x11 speed and swap the handlebar. The rest are all quality components and on par with my first choice. So this bike was ordered and today I got the Email that the bike is going to be shipped. They still allowed to do that. Phewww....fingers crossed. Should arrive some 10 days from now.

Dear Mr. Lou, I own small company in a backward nation, and my native workers now have plague, so they will not work hard for me, or they die. I sorry for so much time to have gone by for your bicycle, but you will like it very much. Thank you and the people of your great country, The Holland. We will cherish your money for long time.

-- Mr. Moots.

Update, now Moots ****ed up and they sold the bike to someone else before the payment of the LBS arrived despite the fact that they said, according to my LBS, it would be reserved for me. Unbelievable what a mess. Considering my options now.

Lou
Old April 1st 20, 09:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default The new normal

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 11:57:18 PM UTC+1, wrote:

Besides keeping a low profile and a lot of riding alone the last week I was busy handling the **** up of my dealer. I ordered a gravel bike the first week of December 2019. The expected delivery time was 2-3 months so after 2 months I made some inquiries about the state of affairs. I got some vage answer about a delay, so I waited another month and asked again. Another vage answer or no answer at all, so in the end I got ****ed and suspicious. Then the boss called to humbly explain that they ****ed up. They left the order in the ToDo bin for 3 months and placed the order only at the beginning of this month (March) and expected the frame first week of May. F*ck, the sale guy (son of the boss) knew he ****ed up and lied to me in several emails. Then the Corona crisis also reached the US or they start taking it serious and Moots had to shut down their facility until april 12 on the Governors order and probably for longer so no frame the first week of May that became clear. Two days ago I got an Email from Moots that they were selling their showroom bikes and frames. I looked at them and there was a complete bike for sale with the correct frame size. GRX Di2 1x11 instead of my wanted Ultegra Di2 2x11 and different wheels of course. I can live with that if the dealer converts it to GRX Di2 2x11 speed and swap the handlebar. The rest are all quality components and on par with my first choice. So this bike was ordered and today I got the Email that the bike is going to be shipped.. They still allowed to do that. Phewww....fingers crossed. Should arrive some 10 days from now.

Lou

Good luck with getting your bike delivered ASAP. Looking forward to a full description and a first ride report.

Andre Jute
Limited to 2km from home, which is fortunately on the edge of the countryside