Tour deFrance

Old April 4th 20, 03:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Idjit BoB

Default Tour deFrance

I'm new here and don't ride but enjoy watching that "Tour de France" thing on tv. I hope I'm not out of line but would like to ask people's opinion on whether they think France should cancel the tour. Thanks in advance for your answers.
Old April 4th 20, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ted Heise

On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 07:40:29 -0700 (PDT),
Idjit BoB wrote:
I'm new here and don't ride but enjoy watching that "Tour de
France" thing on tv. I hope I'm not out of line but would like
to ask people's opinion on whether they think France should
cancel the tour. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Hmmm... shiny...

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA
Old April 4th 20, 04:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Idjit BoB wrote:
I'm new here and don't ride but enjoy watching that "Tour de
France" thing on tv. I hope I'm not out of line but would like
to ask people's opinion on whether they think France should
cancel the tour. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Hmmm... shiny...

snif Looks like food...smells like food...

Old April 5th 20, 10:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 3:40:31 PM UTC+1, Idjit BoB wrote:
I'm new here and don't ride but enjoy watching that "Tour de France" thing on tv. I hope I'm not out of line but would like to ask people's opinion on whether they think France should cancel the tour. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Nah, there are plenty of roadies who could stand in for the TdF riders if they have to self-isolate, at least if you believe the geriatrics on RBT who "train" every day, so cancellation isn't called for. You might say that a cull of TdF riders is an opportunity for the Walter Mitty types on RBT. By contrast, there are only a few dozen people in the world capable of driving a Formula One car to the max, so it is reasonable to postpone the Grand Prix series, because any substitute drivers would surely kill themselves. See what the difference is? The TdF riders may die of the Chinese Virus (not likely as they're fit young men but theoretically possible) but at least their substitutes won't kill themselves on the road, whereas in F1 the subs are sure to off themselves (not to mention trash expensive racecars in the process), so in the F1 case cancellation makes a lot more sense than in the TdF case.

You're bottom-trawling, Idjit Bob. I'll be sending you an invoice for showing you how to do the job properly.

Andre Jute
Pickin' up the penny and discovering it is solid silver
Old April 5th 20, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Larry is a Dope

... would like to ask people's opinion on whether they think France should cancel the tour.

Sure, if the women wear no pants. And if there are no toy poodles running amuck.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

And yore welcome.
Old April 5th 20, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Larry is a Dope

Never herd of it. Where is it held?