"Confusion reigns as states reverse course on 'essential' status forbike shops"

Old April 8th 20, 07:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default "Confusion reigns as states reverse course on 'essential' status for bike shops"

On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 11:01:13 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Around here they are ONLY testing people with a dry cough and
high fevers. Their positive rates are nearly 100%.

Where is around here?

There are numerous dashboards and web sites that track the test
numbers. For example, Santa Clara:
https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/DiseaseInformation/novel-coronavirus/Pages/dashboard.aspx
Santa Cruz:
http://www.santacruzhealth.org/coronavirus/
and the COVID Tracking Project:
https://covidtracking.com
https://covidtracking.com/data/state/california

Most states are showing very low positive test results. Please
retract your blanked statement unless you have some proof that it's
correct. Otherwise, you're contributing to the general misinformation
which seems to plague the pandemic.

In other places such a the middle-of-nowhere Utah the positive
rate would probably be close to zero.

Well, let's see:
https://covidtracking.com/data/state/utah
1,738 / 34,647 = 5% positive
Ok, you have one correct.

Where ever they have a high testing rate they have a low number
of positives.

Really? New York seems to be getting the bulk of the testing kits,
since that's where the biggest problems are located.

138,863 / 340,058 = 40.8% positive

Well, you can toss a coin to decide if that's a high or low number of
positives. With all the alleged pre-selection for those who exhibit
symptoms, I would expect NY to show much higher percentage positives.

This does NOT mean that they have not been exposed to the virus. It
means that their bodies immune systems reacted rapidly enough to
destroy the virus before it could infect their bodies. This is
the same thing with vaccinated flu people. Not having testing
positive does NOT mean having been exposed. The Covid-19 is very
similar to one of the rhino viruses that cause the common cold.

Amazing. There's enough truth in that paragraph to make it look
correct, but your conclusion (Not having testing positive does NOT
mean having been exposed) makes no sense.

Without very widespread testing (also with a test that can test
for people that HAD the symptomless infection and gotten over it)
we are doing nothing but shooting at stars.

Other than social distancing and travel restrictions, testing is the
only weapon we have at this time. Antibody blood testing will show if
there has been a previous infection:
https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/04/cdc-launches-studies-to-get-more-precise-count-of-undetected-covid-19-cases/

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old April 8th 20, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rolf Mantel[_2_]

Am 08.04.2020 um 19:44 schrieb Tom Kunich:
Hydroxychloroquine is not a "cure" it gives close to total symptom relief reportedly in 8 to 12 hours. Seems like a good idea to me.

Hydroxychloroquine is an immune supressant. It prevents your body from
fighting the virus, which might be a very bad idea or a good idea
depending on the exact situation. It is good if your body over-reacts
and destroys your lung while fighting the virus, and it's bad if have a
bacterial pneumonia on top.
Old April 8th 20, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 4/8/2020 1:05 PM, sms wrote:
On 4/8/2020 10:51 AM, jbeattie wrote:

Presidents touting an untried drug leads to: (1) people
killing themselves with fish medicine or knock-off drugs
sold on the internet, (2) hoarding, (3) inflated
expectations of miracle cures, and (4) distraction from
proven therapies. You don't just throw **** out to make a
media splash.

People have already died as a result of Trump touting these
unproven drugs. But of course the number that have died by
taking these drugs is much smaller than the number that have
died due to federal government's horribly botched response
to Covid-19.

While I don't personally know any people clueless enough to
believe anything Trump says, there are apparently such
people in the world, including one on r.b.t.

'People have died ' is wrong- it was a murder. She poisoned
her husband (and had a prior attempt to boot).

Do people freak out and do stupid things after any news
report? Absolutely!! Remember the run on Ciproflaxacin
during/sfter the anthrax attacks? People are crazy at best
on a good day(see TP) which doesn't mean that a reasonable
person will self-medicate based on a side comment by DJT or
anyone else.

in re crazy- in 1969 I actually tried morning glory seeds
based on a popular rumor at the time. Like most such things
including hydrochloroquine there is a shadow of truth to it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 8th 20, 08:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 4/8/2020 1:45 PM, Rolf Mantel wrote:
Am 08.04.2020 um 19:44 schrieb Tom Kunich:
Hydroxychloroquine is not a "cure" it gives close to total
symptom relief reportedly in 8 to 12 hours. Seems like a
good idea to me.

Hydroxychloroquine is an immune supressant. It prevents
your body from fighting the virus, which might be a very bad
idea or a good idea depending on the exact situation. It is
good if your body over-reacts and destroys your lung while
fighting the virus, and it's bad if have a bacterial
pneumonia on top.

Thank you!

Makes sense then that it's used with Azithromycin for
opportunistic bacterial infection.

Old April 8th 20, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

sms wrote:
On 4/8/2020 10:51 AM, jbeattie wrote:

Presidents touting an untried drug leads to: (1) people killing
themselves with fish medicine or knock-off drugs sold on the internet,
(2) hoarding, (3) inflated expectations of miracle cures, and (4)
distraction from proven therapies. You don't just throw **** out to
make a media splash.

Proven therapies for the Boris flu? Tell us more, Doc Beattie!

Still using Zoom for legal business or already sueing them, Jay?
https://www.zerohedge.com/technology...e-zoom-malware

Any news from Zev Zelenko's patients? Maybe Sweden should try foul fish to
scare ANY virus away.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8199477/Swedish-hospitals-stop-prescribing-chloroquine-coronavirus-patients-adverse-effects.html

ON-Topic!
Decathlon Sports first BRO shop to reach strategic "essential" status:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8165461/Italian-medics-convert-snorkelling-masks-homemade-ventilators-coronavirus-crisis.html

People have already died as a result of Trump touting these unproven
drugs. But of course the number that have died by taking these drugs is
much smaller than the number that have died due to federal government's
horribly botched response to Covid-19.

While I don't personally know any people clueless enough to believe
anything Trump says, there are apparently such people in the world,
including one on r.b.t.

I am so glad nobody has died as a result of a wall-joke cracking major (who
is proud of his China connections) wasting his time on non-essential Trump
criticism on rbt when the hospitals and care facilites in his town have been
asking for donations of protective supplies. Apparently, he knows something
about the Bill & Melinda Gates flu other people on rbt do not.
Old April 8th 20, 08:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 12:19:45 PM UTC-7, Sepp Ruf wrote:
sms wrote:
On 4/8/2020 10:51 AM, jbeattie wrote:

Presidents touting an untried drug leads to: (1) people killing
themselves with fish medicine or knock-off drugs sold on the internet,
(2) hoarding, (3) inflated expectations of miracle cures, and (4)
distraction from proven therapies. You don't just throw **** out to
make a media splash.

Proven therapies for the Boris flu? Tell us more, Doc Beattie!

Perhaps not the best choice of words. I was thinking of social-distancing, PPE, etc. Once people learn of a miracle cure -- like penicillin -- they're more likely to engage in risk-taking behavior, some quite fun. This is why we should ban helmets.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old April 8th 20, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

sms wrote:
On 4/8/2020 10:51 AM, jbeattie wrote:

Presidents touting an untried drug leads to: (1) people killing
themselves with fish medicine or knock-off drugs sold on the internet,
(2) hoarding, (3) inflated expectations of miracle cures, and (4)
distraction from proven therapies. You don't just throw **** out to
make a media splash.

Proven therapies for the Boris flu? Tell us more, Doc Beattie!

Perhaps not the best choice of words. I was thinking of social-distancing, PPE, etc. Once people learn of a miracle cure -- like penicillin -- they're more likely to engage in risk-taking behavior, some quite fun. This is why we should ban helmets.

-- Jay Beattie.

Engage in risk taking behavior? Against the current
guidelines? Who would ever do such a thing?

https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/couple...irus-lockdown/

Old April 8th 20, 10:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 10:51:40 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 6:53:05 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/8/2020 2:15 AM, Rolf Mantel wrote:
Am 08.04.2020 um 02:24 schrieb AMuzi:

I agree with you. These are anecdotes but there aren't
anecdotes of harm and as I've written frequently lately,
we'll know a lot more in a couple of years.

Yes, anecdotes of harm go round as well, of people who took
the stuff without medical supervision and killed themselves
with it.

It is *always* a bad idea to propose some medicine to the
public rather than proposing medicine to doctors who
prescribe it to sufferers.

Uh, that was a murder. She poisoned her husband (once for
practice and recently fatal on the second adventure)

Prescription of hydrochloroqine implicated in death by heart
failure last occurred about 10 years ago despite some
300,000 maintenance prescriptions among Lupus sufferers.

https://www.hopkinslupus.org/lupus-t...alarial-drugs/

Note condraindications are after sustained use for years.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Hydroxychloroquine may be safe and effective in COVID-19 patients, but we -- meaning us people on this NG -- don't know. The FDA, CDC, NIH have the research and adverse incident reports. Real scientific-like people will make the determination.

Presidents touting an untried drug leads to: (1) people killing themselves with fish medicine or knock-off drugs sold on the internet, (2) hoarding, (3) inflated expectations of miracle cures, and (4) distraction from proven therapies. You don't just throw **** out to make a media splash.

-- Jay Beattie.

What you mean is that YOU don't know and are intent on remaining that way. If I hadn't actually looked it up how do you think that I would know the actual recommended dosages for Malaria, Lupus and covid-19.

Oh, that's right, I'm bull****ting you because you say so.
Old April 8th 20, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Another line of bull****. Who died because of Trump? Let's get some actual references and not your communist's propaganda. Let's see what your life is like after November.
Old April 8th 20, 10:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Alameda County. And I can see that there's no use in carrying this on any further since you cannot interpret a negative sentence with a positive verb being incorrectly entered.

Twiddle off and play your games with John and Jay. You're worthy of them.

Levi Clearly States His Status Re Radio Shack DA74 Racing 7 August 3rd 09 09:53 PM
Evolution "status" Jkohse Unicycling 15 February 7th 08 01:31 AM
"John "Cho" Gilmer keeps publishing his "Manifesto" over and over." Hoodini Racing 0 April 23rd 07 12:38 AM
Anyone know the status of "extension of the Wenatchee bike trail Loop? Angilina Rides 1 April 9th 06 05:25 AM
R.I.P. Jim Price (aka. "biker_billy", "sydney", "Boudreaux") spin156 Techniques 15 November 28th 05 08:21 PM