Moment motorist driving a convertible is caught on camera confronting a cyclist and repeatedly calling him a ‘f***** idiot’

Old August 31st 16, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

Default Moment motorist driving a convertible is caught on camera confronting a cyclist and repeatedly calling him a ‘f***** idiot’

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 20:55:24 +0100, doug wrote:

On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 16:19:18 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
The driver who was originally questioned by police for dangerous driving
and antisocial behaviour was let off with a caution.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-f-idiot.html

If I can touch your car you are to close, doesn't seem to matter when they are weaving in and out of traffic or pedestrians.

Cyclists seem to think they need a bike's width for themselves, but cars should give them a car's width. ****ing morons the lot of them.

And the text says he was complaining that the car driver couldn't wait for him going at 20. Too ****ing right, 20 is far too slow for a road vehicle.

--
What happens when you stick your hand in a jar of jelly beans?
The black ones steal your watch and rings.
Old August 31st 16, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:16:38 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Bod wrote:
The driver who was originally questioned by police for dangerous
driving and antisocial behaviour was let off with a caution.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-f-idiot.html

"The video shows Mr Williams cycling along a road in Kingston, south west
London, when the Peugeot pulls out in front of him from a parking space,
narrowly missing him".

No it does not.
Some ****** on a bicycle taps my car - he is left in the gutter where he
belongs.

Makes a change, usually cyclists overtake parked cars without checking if another car is passing first, then they're surprised when they end up with only a foot to fit into.

--
A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend.
Old September 1st 16, 12:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 31/08/2016 23:00, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:14:05 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 31/08/2016 20:55, doug wrote:
On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 16:19:18 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
The driver who was originally questioned by police for dangerous
driving
and antisocial behaviour was let off with a caution.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-f-idiot.html

If I can touch your car you are to close, doesn't seem to matter when
they are weaving in and out of traffic or pedestrians.

It certainly looks like the cyclist got too close to the car, not the
other way round. Just an everyday juggle for road space, not a
threatening moment.

But just another example of two idiots in a hurry managing to find time
to argue.

Where did you see it? I watched the video and the driver was already
out of the car. The part we need to see is missing.

The link was provided by another poster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRcrVm6FGyE

Normally when somebody pulls out with plenty of space the approaching
road user just holds back. I have no sympathy for the person on the bike.

Old September 1st 16, 01:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 31/08/2016 20:55, doug wrote:
[...]

Really?

You surprise me.

This appears to be one occasion when the cyclist was in the right and
the (careless and unobservant) driver in the wrong. If that driver had
done the same to me whilst I was in a car, I'd have regarded him as in
the wrong and so would the law. There is no obvious reason why it was
less wrong to pull out into the path of the cyclist.

At first, both vehicles share the width of the road sensibly, but then,
the driver seems to want it all and to imagine that he has rights that
the cyclist doesn't have, when he starts to move left and gesticulate.
That's where it goes wrong.

Like I said, you surprise me.
Old September 1st 16, 01:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On 31/08/2016 20:55, doug wrote:
[...]

Agreed. One of those lazy cyclists who doesn't want to give up his momentum. If I had been in his position in a car or on a bike, I would simply have slowed down.

--
Ignoranus (n): A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
Old September 1st 16, 01:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On 31/08/2016 20:55, doug wrote:
[...]

He pulled out well in front of the cyclist and didn't accelerate hard enough. All he did wrong was drive too slowly. Do you get angry when people drive too slowly?

At first, both vehicles share the width of the road sensibly, but then,
the driver seems to want it all and to imagine that he has rights that
the cyclist doesn't have,

He pays more for a start. And his vehicle is bigger.

when he starts to move left and gesticulate.
That's where it goes wrong.

What goes wrong is the cyclist (who is behind the car) tries to undertake the car. Why do cyclists not understand the difference between left and right?

Like I said, you surprise me.

He surprised me too, for once he is correct.

--
I got invited to a party and was told to dress to kill. Apparently a turban, beard and a backpack wasn't what they had in mind.
Old September 1st 16, 03:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 23:02:23 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:

Cyclists seem to think they need a bike's width for themselves, but cars should give them a car's width.

I give them a whole lane - what's the problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHV9hvkBz6E
Old September 1st 16, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

wrote:

On 31/08/2016 20:55, doug wrote:
[...]

The driver starts rolling 3 seconds before the rear bumper disappears
out of camera view. So let's say it took 4 seconds to catch up with the
bumper. The cyclist never got ahead of the car door (as we see when he
turns his head). It was all unhurried and could easily have been turned
into a simple merge.

If that driver had done the same to me whilst I was in a car, I'd
have regarded him as in the wrong and so would the law. There is no
obvious reason why it was less wrong to pull out into the path of
the cyclist.

The driver might have been wrong to pull out (and it is unlikely he
would have done so with another car approaching) but it was not a
threatening situation until the cyclist made it so. When using the
roads, there is a universal requirement to perform unhurried defensive
moves; most happen without thought or getting lodged in memory.

At first, both vehicles share the width of the road sensibly, but
then, the driver seems to want it all and to imagine that he has
rights that the cyclist doesn't have, when he starts to move left
and gesticulate. That's where it goes wrong.

Like I said, you surprise me.

You know nothing about me.
Old September 1st 16, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr Mudd-John

wrote:

On 01/09/2016 00:53, TMS320 wrote:
On 31/08/2016 23:00, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:14:05 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

[]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRcrVm6FGyE

Normally when somebody pulls out with plenty of space the approaching
road user just holds back. I have no sympathy for the person on the
bike.

Really?

You surprise me.

This appears to be one occasion when the cyclist was in the right and

[]

Sorry, Have you 2 swapped sides!? What's going on?

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Old September 1st 16, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 01/09/2016 13:20, Kerr Mudd-John wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 01/09/2016 00:53, TMS320 wrote:
On 31/08/2016 23:00, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:14:05 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

[]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRcrVm6FGyE

Normally when somebody pulls out with plenty of space the approaching
road user just holds back. I have no sympathy for the person on the
bike.

Really?
You surprise me.
This appears to be one occasion when the cyclist was in the right and

[]

Sorry, Have you 2 swapped sides!? What's going on?

I have not changed position in the slightest.

I am critical of bad road manners, whether that consists of aggressive
driving, peevish obstruction (compo-cam cyclist style) or whatever else
it may be.

Unfortunately, a majority of cyclists frequently ride badly, selfishly
and illegally. In this case though, the problem was not caused by the
cyclist, who even responded well to the simple bad driving of the car-user.

Another thug caught on camera. Simon Mason UK 23 August 4th 11 12:27 PM
Cyclist red light jumping caught on camera! Derek C UK 6 August 21st 10 01:05 AM
Camera moment the.Mark UK 4 April 26th 05 11:47 PM
Caught on camera dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 40 February 26th 04 12:14 PM