Camera moment

Old April 23rd 05, 10:30 PM
the.Mark

Default Camera moment

While Helen and me were cycling in the Pentland hills today we had one of
those "I wish I had a camera" moments. While going down a rough track I
caught up with a grouse strolling down beside the track, not more than a
meter from me. I slowed to match it's speed and kept up with it for a few
meters until it stopped and looked at me. I stopped and it walked round the
back of the bike and then off up the hill.

I was totally not bothered by me. Brilliant.
--
Mark

1x1 wheel, 3x2 wheels & 1x3 wheels.

Old April 24th 05, 11:34 AM
soup

the.Mark popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and
said
While Helen and me were cycling in the Pentland hills today we had
one of those "I wish I had a camera" moments. While going down a
rough track I caught up with a grouse strolling down beside the
track, not more than a meter from me. I slowed to match it's speed
and kept up with it for a few meters until it stopped and looked at
me. I stopped and it walked round the back of the bike and then off
up the hill.

I was totally not bothered by me. Brilliant.

Had a similar thing happen to me, had cycled (with my son)
down the Water of Leith walkway (was vvv buzy with dog
walkers and peds), then over the Lanark Road, then along
the canal to Hermiston Gait, then further along the canal to
the bridge at Gogar moor, saw a very low helicopter, was
so low and close we felt we could touch it, was a perfect
moment to catch a picture of a helicopter in flight. It had
in fact landed at Addiston mains farm which we passed
(¼ a mile further on) on our way to the A71 to go up
through Currie then the A71 back to Balerno

--
yours S

Old April 24th 05, 09:27 PM
Paul Rose

"the.Mark" wrote in message
While Helen and me were cycling in the Pentland hills today we had one of
those "I wish I had a camera" moments. While going down a rough track I
caught up with a grouse strolling down beside the track, not more than a
meter from me. I slowed to match it's speed and kept up with it for a few
meters until it stopped and looked at me. I stopped and it walked round

the
back of the bike and then off up the hill.

I was totally not bothered by me. Brilliant.
--
Mark

When out walking with a friend a little while ago, we came across a grouse
who must have thought it was a German Shepherd or something! It followed
behind us as if 'chasing' us. When my mate tried to usher it away it became
even more 'aggressive', if grouse can be aggressive! It followed us for a
good few hundred yards. It was so comical. We also looked back after it
finally gave up chasing us, and it was sat on a wall beside a gate post
'having a go' at a cyclist as he tried passing through the gate! I had my
camera and managed to get one or two pics but I really wish I had a video
camera )

--
Regards, Paul (R)
My Lake District walking site:

Old April 26th 05, 08:51 PM
the.Mark

MatSav wrote:
"the.Mark" wrote in message

I was totally not bothered by me.

And if you are bothered by yourself? What do you do? Tell
yourself to go away? ;-)

"The other day, Upon a stair,
I met a man, Who wasn't there.

He wasn't there, Again today,
Oh how I wish, He'd go away!"

(Edward Lear?)

Ok, I missed out a t. I'll let you figure out where. ;-)

Old April 26th 05, 11:47 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , MatSav
') wrote:

"the.Mark" wrote in message

I was totally not bothered by me.

And if you are bothered by yourself? What do you do? Tell yourself to
go away? ;-)

"The other day, Upon a stair,
I met a man, Who wasn't there.

He wasn't there, Again today,
Oh how I wish, He'd go away!"

(Edward Lear?)

A.A. Milne, I believe, wrote the version below:

As I was going up the stair
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
Oh how I wish he'd go away!

Your version is attributed to Hughes Mearns. Since Milne was older than
Mearns his version may have been earlier, but clearly one influenced
the other.

;; making jokes about dyslexia isn't big, it isn't clever and
;; it isn't furry.