Bruyneel suspended, Radioshack riders fined

Old October 31st 10, 05:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred on a stick

Default Bruyneel suspended, Radioshack riders fined

For wearing Livestrong jerseys.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruy...tour-de-france

In other news, Barredo was suspended for the same amount of time for
attacking another rider and trying to hit him over the head with his
bike wheel.
Old October 31st 10, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

Fred on a stick wrote:
For wearing Livestrong jerseys.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruy...tour-de-france

In other news, Barredo was suspended for the same amount of time for
attacking another rider and trying to hit him over the head with his
bike wheel.

Barredo was suspended from Jan 1 to Feb 28 "to have more impact than the
usual off season suspensions in Nov/Dec." On the other hand, Bruyneel
was suspended from Feb 1 to Mar 31, allowing him to be at the Tour Down
Under with LANCE. Barf.
Old October 31st 10, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dave a

On 10/31/2010 11:09 AM, A. Dumas wrote:
Fred on a stick wrote:
For wearing Livestrong jerseys.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruy...tour-de-france

In other news, Barredo was suspended for the same amount of time for
attacking another rider and trying to hit him over the head with his
bike wheel.

Barredo was suspended from Jan 1 to Feb 28 "to have more impact than the
usual off season suspensions in Nov/Dec." On the other hand, Bruyneel
was suspended from Feb 1 to Mar 31, allowing him to be at the Tour Down
Under with LANCE. Barf.

Well it's not like wearing what you feel like wearing is the same as
smashing someone over the head with your wheel. If the sponsors are
happy, the UCI shouldn't give a **** what the teams wear. I don't think
the penalty fits the crime in RatShack's case.

Barredo, on the other hand, needs to get a grip on his violent impulses
and should have been given a longer suspension so he could contemplate
the seriousness of his actions.

just my $0.02

Old October 31st 10, 07:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruy...two-months-ove...

In other news, Barredo was suspended for the same amount of time for
attacking another rider and trying to hit him over the head with his
bike wheel.

Barredo was suspended from Jan 1 to Feb 28 "to have more impact than the
usual off season suspensions in Nov/Dec." On the other hand, Bruyneel
was suspended from Feb 1 to Mar 31, allowing him to be at the Tour Down
Under with LANCE. Barf.

Well, the small amount of coverage I saw seemed to show a fair amount
of "pushback" from Lance, at least. I don't recall anything IRT
Bruyneel one way or the other.

I'd call this an effective "shot across the bow". They have rules they
want you to follow, whatever anyone might think one way or another,
and it's their playground.

An obvious question might be "How hard would it have been for the B&L
Show to get prior approval", especially considering the Livestrong
"cause" connection?". The "pushback" factored in heavily, also; as I
remember, changing jerseys was resisted and the team was threatened
with expulsion. I don't remember the linkage there, IOW if the
expulsion threat was "first word" or whether it was a reaction to an
order to change jerseys not being immediately obeyed.
--D-y
Old October 31st 10, 07:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Beloved Fred No. 1

A. Dumas wrote:
Barredo was suspended from Jan 1 to Feb 28 "to have more impact than the
usual off season suspensions in Nov/Dec.

He should have used a 36 spoke tied and soldered wheel if he wanted to
make an impact.

rbt fred
Old October 31st 10, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
TheCoz

On Oct 31, 1:22*pm, "Beloved Fred No. 1" wrote:
A. Dumas wrote:
Barredo was suspended from Jan 1 to Feb 28 "to have more impact than the
usual off season suspensions in Nov/Dec.

He should have used a 36 spoke tied and soldered wheel if he wanted to
make an impact.

rbt fred

How does RadioShack's uniform offense compare to what Cipo would
repeatedly pull during TdF events?
Coz
Old October 31st 10, 11:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

A. Dumas wrote:
Barredo was suspended from Jan 1 to Feb 28 "to have more impact than
the
usual off season suspensions in Nov/Dec.

He should have used a 36 spoke tied and soldered wheel if he wanted to
make an impact.

rbt fred

How does RadioShack's uniform offense compare to what Cipo would
repeatedly pull during TdF events?
Coz

--Oh, please, monsieur. It is a little game we play. They put it on the
bill, I tear up the bill. It is very convenient.--

With Cipo, you've got this one flamboyant guy, a sprinter at that, and
it's no more disruptive than an end-zone dance. Allowing it to continue
isn't going to cause all that much trouble. But for an entire team to
change their kit, for a DS to twit like a twit, and then the team
changed *again* to the "illegal" jerseys for the team podium
presentation, that's another thing entirely. Consider a sprinter to be
like a fighter pilot, and Bruyneel to be a General. One more example
where you'd expect a different standard of behaviour and punishment.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old October 31st 10, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

A. Dumas wrote:
Barredo was suspended from Jan 1 to Feb 28 "to have more impact than the
usual off season suspensions in Nov/Dec.

He should have used a 36 spoke tied and soldered wheel if he wanted to
make an impact.

rbt fred

How does RadioShack's uniform offense compare to what Cipo would
repeatedly pull during TdF events?

dumbass,

the team was warned about using the uniforms on the final day and
though they raced in their usual jerseys they still went against the
officials wishes so that made it worse for them.

note that this decision wasn't from the race jury, but traveled up the
chain to the UCI who decided the penalty.

Old October 31st 10, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark J.

On 10/31/2010 4:22 PM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
wrote in message
On Oct 31, 1:22 pm, "Beloved Fred No. wrote:
A. Dumas wrote:
Barredo was suspended from Jan 1 to Feb 28 "to have more impact than
the
usual off season suspensions in Nov/Dec.

He should have used a 36 spoke tied and soldered wheel if he wanted to
make an impact.

rbt fred

How does RadioShack's uniform offense compare to what Cipo would
repeatedly pull during TdF events?
Coz

--Oh, please, monsieur. It is a little game we play. They put it on the
bill, I tear up the bill. It is very convenient.--

With Cipo, you've got this one flamboyant guy, a sprinter at that, and
it's no more disruptive than an end-zone dance. Allowing it to continue
isn't going to cause all that much trouble. But for an entire team to
change their kit,

ISTR that Cipo's entire team did the "convict" black-and-white stripes
"legalize my Cannondale" kit on the ?Sestriere? stage of Le Tour one
year. Postal did the gray postal jerseys for the last stage of the '03
tour and ASO didn't pitch a hissy fit then. I'm sure there were fines,
probably in both cases, but not this silliness.

Mark J.

Old November 1st 10, 02:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Horst Schnellinger

* Mark J. [31-10-10 23:57]:
A. Dumas wrote:
[...]

This fines are okay, good, there are rules, nobody complaines.
But the suspension is a dumb joke.