Felonious assault.

Old January 6th 21, 09:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Felonious assault.

When I got to the bottom of Palomares road, I pulled out onto East Castro Valley Blvd. You ride by a hospice for Alzheimer's and Pneumonia recovery. None of the nurses work there anymore. These people have been left to their own pretty much as the staff can't be more than one or two people full time..

Continuing up the road there is a stop sign at Villareal Dr. Up at the top of this street is a high end housing area. Apparently there is a big shot that lives up there because the light isn't timed as any other intersections are supposed to be. The neutral position of the left turn lane light is on.. This is contrary to California law. If a car comes down Villareal and wants to turn east (left) he has to come to a stop and gets a rather too rapid left turn light. Cars coming down from Castro Valley have a neutral position of the left turn light being normally on. This despite being a bike route along East Castro Valley Blvd with a bike lane and the light does NOT change for bicycles. You have to wait for cars to come along and since there is a parallel freeway they are very few during midday. So after waiting for two imaginary light cycles and making sure that there is no oncoming or cross traffic you are forced to proceed. A car had just come down Villareal Dr. gotten a left turn light and crossed. There was no traffic coming up behind that could trigger the light and there was no visible traffic coming down the hill from ahead that might make a left turn onto Villareal Dr. So I kicked off and while in the intersection a car came down from Castro Valley well above the speed limit. There was no problem since I was already across the middle line of Villareal and almost entire across the Intersection for that matter. But apparently this man didn't know California laws and was irked that I was in the intersection at all when he knew that he and his Mercedes had complete control of the road.

What he did was to pull across a double, double yellow line inclosing an island making room for the left turn lane and completely into my lane facing me and committed felonious assault with a deadly weapon. He came to a halt entirely in the opposing lane facing me and opened the window on his Mercedes and started cussing me out. This from a man who was in the opposing traffic lane and 20 feet from the intersection.

Being a little short fat guy he chose not to get out of his car which obviously saved his life. He had at the last second pulled slightly over so that he blocked the left turn lane and a car over there came to a stop and was honking his horn so that MF proceeded after cussing me out for daring to use his road.

So the matter is this: 1. The lights are not set according to California laws or normal usage. 2. This man crossed a yellow island in the middle of the road into the opposing lane of traffic purposely and with aforethought, 3.. He threatened my life using his motor vehicle. He was in the opposing traffic lane on purpose.

I on the other hand, obeyed the traffic laws of California which allows me to treat a traffic signal that isn't working properly as a stop sign. I did not at any time impede or even slow any traffic. I was never in any position to do so. Had that man been driving at the speed limit he wouldn't have even seen me crossing the intersection.

I have contacted the highway department about correcting that light but do not expect them to do a thing. I will have to take this matter up with the County Supervisors. I cannot report this incident to the Sheriff since I did not get his license number since I cannot wear my glasses while riding. I need a slight distance correction which prevents reading license plates not to mention the medication I take prevents remembering something like that..

This is the people that California is made up of.
Old January 8th 21, 11:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 12:17:55 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

After cooling down it is pretty plain that there was something going on in this guys head. With the lockdown possibly destroying his business and possibly pulling his mortgage out from under him and with his wife in the car saying not a word, this all was probably brought on by political conditions that Jay and Twinkle approve of. This doesn't mean that he may not have killed me and for that If I had video of that I would have him prosecuted. But from a distance I see that it is more the fault of people like Biden and Harris than himself even if he was an unwitting tool. Jay and Twinkle are more witless tools.
Old January 8th 21, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 1/8/2021 4:33 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 12:17:55 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:

-much snip-

This is the people that California is made up of.

-snip-
After cooling down it is pretty plain that there was something going on in this guys head.

-more snip-

+1 to that
Although I stop for people at the side of the road (cycling
absolutely but also in a car) things are changing pretty
quickly and in your area I'm not so sure of any interaction.
Consider the poor SOB who offered to help this East Coast
Mister Crazy:

https://www.princewilliamtimes.com/n...2265f16c2.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Littering or assault? Simon Mason[_4_] UK 12 July 1st 11 08:20 AM
Assault on B970 PetetheBike UK 4 February 18th 10 09:29 PM
Urban Assault anyone? (New Toy) inthe10ring Unicycling 10 August 15th 08 08:52 PM
It's not assault RWD General 39 February 5th 06 11:39 AM