still fighting UPS over dented frame.

Old March 15th 04, 07:25 PM
Joseph Jozwik

Default still fighting UPS over dented frame.

Hello everyone,
Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had dented my frame in shipping. It
costs $600.00 for a new frame. They still have not paid on the insurance
claim. The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike said they are
still contacting them about it and raising hell. However I question his
sincerity. Any one have any suggestions on how to get this claim fixed? I
tried writing the BBB and they said that this is not there area.
Thanks for any input..
Joe

Old March 15th 04, 07:35 PM
alex887

Threaten legal action (small claims court) if you have all the paperwork,
pictures and proof of insurance. You'll get paid. I think it is standard
practice for them to deny claims until severe consequences are indicated.

Old March 15th 04, 08:06 PM
Carla A-G

"Joseph Jozwik" wrote in message
Hello everyone,
Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had dented my frame in shipping. It
costs $600.00 for a new frame. They still have not paid on the insurance
claim. The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike said they

are
still contacting them about it and raising hell. However I question his
sincerity. Any one have any suggestions on how to get this claim fixed? I
tried writing the BBB and they said that this is not there area.
Thanks for any input..
Joe

Keep persuing them on the issue, call every single day and annoy the living
hell out of them. Make note of all the people you spoke to and dates and
times. Have them all put notes in their system regarding your issue/problem.
It usually takes them a while to pay out, but they eventually do.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old March 15th 04, 09:42 PM
Matthew Paterson

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:35:58 -0800, alex887 wrote:

Threaten legal action (small claims court) if you have all the paperwork,
pictures and proof of insurance. You'll get paid. I think it is standard
practice for them to deny claims until severe consequences are indicated.

Definately. Send them a nice letter from your solicitor.

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Old March 16th 04, 01:44 AM
mojo deluxe

"Joseph Jozwik" wrote in message
Hello everyone,
Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had dented my frame in shipping. It
costs $600.00 for a new frame. They still have not paid on the insurance
claim. The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike said they

are
still contacting them about it and raising hell. However I question his
sincerity. Any one have any suggestions on how to get this claim fixed? I
tried writing the BBB and they said that this is not there area.
Thanks for any input..
Joe

Insurance companys will keep you going in circles like this in hopes that
you will eventually give up. Carla gave some good advise. Stay on top of it.

Old March 17th 04, 03:35 PM
Joseph Jozwik

Thanks for the input.

I will keep bugging them.. In work on legal action hate mail.

Joe

Old March 21st 04, 09:32 PM
taywood

Hello everyone,
Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had dented my frame in shipping. It
costs $600.00 for a new frame. They still have not paid on the insurance
claim. The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike said they

are
still contacting them about it and raising hell. However I question his
sincerity. Any one have any suggestions on how to get this claim fixed?

In a similar incident on the UK cycling NG the poster casually referred to
the Company name, the name of the guy in despatch, the name of the
shipping Company and the name of the admin guy who was taking so long
to clear the matter.

He later posted he'd got a refund plus apology plus compensation plus the
replacement frame.
At no time had he asked anyone to email or send letters to the named people
or their MD's.
Mike

titanium frame repair/recommedations? raciere General 2 July 11th 04 04:07 PM
Dented Frame Viffer General 1 July 3rd 04 10:58 PM
Bianchi Megaset Frame Information KpTone General 4 February 29th 04 05:53 AM
Threaded versus threadless headset Hjalmar Duklęt General 64 August 29th 03 06:55 PM
SuperGo Weyless Ultra frame recall Slash Mountain Biking 2 August 1st 03 05:16 PM