20" Tufo tires for 'bents?

Old February 18th 04, 10:04 PM
Sbtypesetter

Default 20" Tufo tires for 'bents?

Need input. What does everyone here think of them?
The bike and I are a little under 200 pounds. A good
'bent tire or keep looking?

-Rick
Old February 18th 04, 11:12 PM
Guess Who I Am

Rick:
i did not know that 20" tufo's were available.
if they are may i ask where can i get some?

Thank you Earl
GRR,RANS V2
Ti Rush,Ti Pursuit

Old February 19th 04, 01:00 AM
Jack Davis

try:

http://www.tufo.com/index.php?lg=en&mn=5&id=31

jd

Old February 19th 04, 10:12 AM
Dave Larrington

Only available as proper tubs though. Mr. Fleming asked the Tufo man at
Eurobike if they were planning to produce the tubular clinchers in 20" and
was told "no". Mr. Fleming was Not Pleased.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old February 20th 04, 05:10 PM
Sbtypesetter

I've been to the Tufo web site, and they are
commonly offered on Ebay. Never seen one
in person though.
-Rick
Old February 20th 04, 05:11 PM
Sbtypesetter

Well, my mistake. I've seen the Tufo tires on
Ebay a lot. The 20" tires haven't come up for
auction that I've noticed.

-Rick
Old February 21st 04, 10:22 PM
ckaudio1

I have the only 20" 406 erto tufo tubular clincher in existance. Last
year I was working with tufo as a beta tester for this tire. They
made only one test tire and sent it to me. Worked great.... only
problem is that it would fit my Vuelta airliner rim properly and that
was it. It would not fit a narrower rim such as my hed wheel with
velocity rim. Other than that it was a nice ride and felt faster
than the stelvio.

http://groups.msn.com/BicyclingForum...PhotoID=29 14
http://groups.msn.com/BicyclingForum...PhotoID=29 13

The other tires mentioned here are tubular for indoor wheelchair use
with only 60 tpi count. Not very suitable for outdoor road use.

The tire I have is the same as Tufo's S3 21mm racing tire.

Old February 24th 04, 01:43 AM
ckaudio1

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message news:HrUZb.32752$Xp.136797@attbi_s54...
What is behind the Baron's seat in the picture named "Bike 3"?

That is an insulated wedge shaped bag in which I carry my 90 0z
camelback bladder. There is an identical bag on the otherside where
other stuff goes like pump and tubes and stuff. These stay on the
bike when the tailbox goes on. It is actually a windshield wedge
bag from Arctic cat. I just put them upside down.......the zipper is
on top. nice aero bag behind the seat and holds a lot.

relative cost/usage between bicycle tires and automobile tires Anonymous Techniques 46 April 7th 04 07:03 PM
Studded tires R Christensen General 2 January 27th 04 04:40 PM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant General 19 July 24th 03 09:56 PM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant General 3 July 18th 03 08:18 PM