other forms of racing

Old August 18th 08, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nigel Cliffe

Default other forms of racing

I went to the IHPV world championship racing at the weekend as it was
happening very near home:

http://www.wc2008.org.uk/

Lots of wierd and wonderful machinery, including a chap on a Brompton with
tri-bars in one of the afternoon races (:-)).

I had a go on Steamboat Willy at the quay at Orford, before the regular
pilot took it for a brief spin down the slipway and across the harbour.

http://www.steamboatwilly.org/

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Old August 18th 08, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
Nigel Cliffe tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
I went to the IHPV world championship racing at the weekend as it was
happening very near home:

http://www.wc2008.org.uk/

And to add a little garnish to Team GB's current pwnage of teh cycling
wurldz, all three new HPV World Champions are BRITONS.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old August 18th 08, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Aug 18, 9:49 am, "Dave Larrington"
wrote:
,
Nigel Cliffe tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

I went to the IHPV world championship racing at the weekend as it was
happening very near home:

http://www.wc2008.org.uk/

And to add a little garnish to Team GB's current pwnage of teh cycling
wurldz, all three new HPV World Champions are BRITONS.

It was rather a forgone conclusion in the Junior class, tho.
Old August 18th 08, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:30:30 +0100, "Nigel Cliffe"
wrote:

I went to the IHPV world championship racing at the weekend as it was
happening very near home:

I understand it can be quite good fun if you race someone in London.

They travel from A to B on the tube - you travel from A to B on your
cycle - annoys the motorists as well - so extra bonus.

--

if you're going to make snide insinuations about the author, as you
undoubtedly did, then you can
Old August 18th 08, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
judith tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

I understand it can be quite good fun if you race someone in London.

They travel from A to B on the tube - you travel from A to B on your
cycle - annoys the motorists as well - so extra bonus.

WTF has that got to do with the subject under discussion?

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk
Life - loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it.

Old August 18th 08, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Nigel Cliffe wrote:
I went to the IHPV world championship racing at the weekend as it was
happening very near home:

http://www.wc2008.org.uk/

Lots of wierd and wonderful machinery, including a chap on a Brompton with
tri-bars in one of the afternoon races (:-)).

Oh pooh; I'm quite close, and didn't know about it :-(

BugBear
Old August 18th 08, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:54:51 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
wrote:

In ,
judith tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

I understand it can be quite good fun if you race someone in London.

They travel from A to B on the tube - you travel from A to B on your
cycle - annoys the motorists as well - so extra bonus.

WTF has that got to do with the subject under discussion?

Sorry - it's another form of racing which I thought may be of
interest.

Old August 18th 08, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

wrote:

In ,
judith tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell
us:

I understand it can be quite good fun if you race someone in London.

They travel from A to B on the tube - you travel from A to B on your
cycle - annoys the motorists as well - so extra bonus.

WTF has that got to do with the subject under discussion?

Sorry - it's another form of racing which I thought may be of
interest.

Try the Top Gear production office then.

Oh, wait a sec...

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk
There's a village in Texas that's missing its idiot.

Old August 18th 08, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nigel Cliffe

wrote:

In ,
judith tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell
us:

I understand it can be quite good fun if you race someone in
London. They travel from A to B on the tube - you travel from A to B on
your cycle - annoys the motorists as well - so extra bonus.

WTF has that got to do with the subject under discussion?

Sorry - it's another form of racing which I thought may be of
interest.

Try the Top Gear production office then.

Oh, wait a sec...

They should put Steam Boat Willy on the next series, except that fat
Clarkson would probably break it :-)

( Why anyone reads to troll-j is beyond me. )

- Nigel