An Interesting Sight

Old February 6th 04, 09:49 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default An Interesting Sight

Riding to work today I passed a "mature" woman pedestrian walking her
dog along a country road (no footway). She was walking facing
traffic, and her dog had a high-viz doggie-jacket.

Only thing was, she was walking to the left of the dog.
In the middle of the carriageway.
Wearing a dark grey duffel coat.
Exactly the same colour as the tarmac!

I found it really hard not to shout Oi! Dog-Woman! NO!

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old February 6th 04, 09:52 PM
MSeries

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
.. today I passed a "mature" woman

Painful !

Old February 7th 04, 07:42 AM
Zog The Undeniable

MSeries wrote:

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

.. today I passed a "mature" woman

Painful !

I bet he couldn't get the seat down afterwards ;-)

Old February 7th 04, 09:02 AM
Peter B

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
Riding to work today I passed a "mature" woman pedestrian walking her
dog along a country road (no footway). She was walking facing
traffic, and her dog had a high-viz doggie-jacket.

Often when I drive to work there is a mature woman cycling on the cycle
path painted on the RHS of a one-way street, she approaches, legitimately,
from the other direction but has a collie on a lead running alongside on her
RHS, i.e. in the road.
As a cyclist/motorist/dog-owner I feel a compelling urge to slap her silly
face ;-)
--
Regards,
Pete

Old February 7th 04, 09:26 AM
maf

On my morning commute through Hyde Park, I often encounter a lady riding
a bike and walking a dog on a lead at the same time. The dog has legs no
taller than an inch or two, so her pace is that of a slug. with the
dog's lead across the cycle pass, she, and the dog, are a real hazard. I
haven't shouted at her yet. Any suggestions?

Mike

Old February 7th 04, 10:14 AM
Peter B

"maf" wrote in message
On my morning commute through Hyde Park, I often encounter a lady riding
a bike and walking a dog on a lead at the same time. The dog has legs no
taller than an inch or two, so her pace is that of a slug. with the
dog's lead across the cycle pass, she, and the dog, are a real hazard. I
haven't shouted at her yet. Any suggestions?

Slap her silly face ;-)
--
Regards,
Pete

Old February 7th 04, 10:14 AM
vernon levy

On Any suggestions?

Learn to tolerate diversity and stupidy after learning to ride around
obstructions :-)

Old February 7th 04, 12:08 PM
Graeme

maf wrote in
:

Any suggestions?

Lie in wait in the bushes with a nice juicy steak and just when she is
passing toss it towards the dog. With any luck the dog will dart sideways
pulling the silly woman off her bike. ;-)

Graeme

(my other thoughts were much less dog friendly, but it isn't the dog's
fault so why make it suffer)
Old February 7th 04, 02:20 PM
W K

"maf" wrote in message
On my morning commute through Hyde Park, I often encounter a lady riding
a bike and walking a dog on a lead at the same time. The dog has legs no
taller than an inch or two, so her pace is that of a slug. with the
dog's lead across the cycle pass, she, and the dog, are a real hazard. I
haven't shouted at her yet. Any suggestions?

Dunno, but I used to ride a bike being dragged by two very enthusiastic and
overweight short-haired-pointers (25 kg each)
So: count small blessings.

BTW: for the record I did not, and do not, view this as "perfectly safe".

Old February 7th 04, 06:55 PM
Zog The Undeniable

maf wrote:

On my morning commute through Hyde Park, I often encounter a lady riding
a bike and walking a dog on a lead at the same time. The dog has legs no
taller than an inch or two, so her pace is that of a slug. with the
dog's lead across the cycle pass, she, and the dog, are a real hazard. I
haven't shouted at her yet. Any suggestions?

Get some spiked snow tyres and go for the dog...oh sorry, I've been
looking at that ABD website again ;-)