Sunscreen: Spray or lotion? What you like?

Old July 13th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Sunscreen: Spray or lotion? What you like?

Curious if anyone here has started using spray on
sunscreens and if you like it better than lotions?

Also, what brands you like best and why?
Old July 13th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A R:nen

Tim McNamara writes:

I did try one spray on and felt that it
dod not provide good coverage. I still had to rub it around by hand.

Same here, and it feels like half the spray goes into thin air when
using it on the arms and the legs. I do like the same alcohol-based
stuff (Ambre Solaire Clear Protect) as a gel, though.
Old July 13th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Pat[_11_]

My personal preference is for the clear types that absorb into the
skin rather than sit on top... particularly on the face when you
expect to be sweating a lot and dripping into your eyes.

Look for UVA/UVB, at least 30spf.

Hint: don't put sunscreen on your forehead.

Old July 14th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Paul M. Hobson[_2_]

A R:nen wrote:
Tim McNamara writes:

I did try one spray on and felt that it
dod not provide good coverage. I still had to rub it around by hand.

Same here, and it feels like half the spray goes into thin air when
using it on the arms and the legs. I do like the same alcohol-based
stuff (Ambre Solaire Clear Protect) as a gel, though.

I like the spray-on stuff. My trick with the spray on stuff is to apply
it in the garage. No wind from outside, no spraying stuff in the house.

--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.
Old July 14th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
It's Chris

I use an aloe based wipe on sunscreen on my body.

Don't need one for my face as my Aero-Shield shades that from UV

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

Old July 14th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jul 13, 1:05 pm, wrote:
Curious if anyone here has started using spray on
sunscreens and if you like it better than lotions?

Also, what brands you like best and why?

I use http://www.heliocare.com/ and Neutrogena sunscreen.

Lewis.

*****
Old July 14th 08, 09:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jul 13, 1:05 pm, wrote:
Curious if anyone here has started using spray on
sunscreens and if you like it better than lotions?

Also, what brands you like best and why?

The FDA has not published sunscreen recommendations from 30 years ago.
This study finds most sunscreens help very little. It recommends using
zinc oxide sunscreen or moving to Seattle.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/...sfailtoprotect
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/special/sunscreens2008

Old July 14th 08, 10:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ted Mittelstaedt

wrote in message
On Jul 13, 1:05 pm, wrote:
Curious if anyone here has started using spray on
sunscreens and if you like it better than lotions?

Also, what brands you like best and why?

The FDA has not published sunscreen recommendations from 30 years ago.
This study finds most sunscreens help very little.

Note also that they didn't say that most suscreens didn't help. They
said that most don't help OR contain what they consider "harmful
chemicals" That could mean that only a few don't help but the
rest do help, however also contain these objectional chemicals.
No numeric breakdown was listed in the article.

The study authors list 143 products that they consider very good:

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/spe...unscreens2008/

It recommends using
zinc oxide sunscreen

sunscreen that has zinc oxide in it

or moving to Seattle.

Absolutely wrong. The studies authors make no such statement.
The move to seattle statement was a flip comment by the livescience
columnist.

Is it really necessary for you when summarizing something
you found online to misquote it? Do you have newspapers
to sell? This isn't the National Enquirer, here.

Ted

Sunscreen damage to bike paint/finish? [email protected] Techniques 7 December 23rd 06 01:03 AM
Sunscreen damage to bike paint/finish? [email protected] General 4 December 21st 06 04:15 PM
Norco re-spray Dre Mountain Biking 7 March 3rd 06 02:47 AM
Sunscreen Song for Cyclists PiledHigher Australia 2 August 8th 05 04:26 AM
sunscreen makes you hotter? larry english Techniques 25 August 8th 03 01:58 AM